Photo

At2k Vs. Mega Missle

14 replies to this topic

#1 perezinthenet

perezinthenet

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:40 AM

Which one of these guns gets a better singled range? In the mods directory no one has posted ranges with their mods. Also, how many pumps does it take to fill the MM tank with the stock pump plugged?

#2 s3an967

s3an967

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:37 AM

Ice singled his Mega Missile and he said he was getting 100 feet flat with 20-25 pumps with a stefan and 70 with a Vulcan screamer. I hope that helped.

Edited by s3an967, 16 November 2008 - 09:38 AM.

Watch this- I can tip-toe while you take a piss.

#3 perezinthenet

perezinthenet

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:59 AM

Ok cool, thanks, does anyone else have a PETGd AT2K thats singled? I want the ranges on that too

#4 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:18 AM

A singled at2k would get about the same ranges. It's also much easier/quicker to pump, isn't as awkward to hold, and looks a tad bit better. The mega missile is cheap, but it's really hard to pump and like the big blast it has a weak trigger.

#5 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:55 AM

My new AT2K mod, which I'll hopefully be posing some time in the next couple weeks, gets about 120' with six pumps (never more than eight).

#6 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,074 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:57 AM

How do the tank sizes compare? Specifically, the diameters.

#7 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:59 AM

Not sure what the exact sizes are, but the AT2K is significantly smaller. If I remember correctly, the diameter of the AT2K is around 1.25-1.5"

#8 perezinthenet

perezinthenet

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:25 AM

imaseoulman, does it involve tank expansion? and that would be perfect, 120 is just about what an sm5k gets which is what im trying to replicate

#9 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:48 AM

I would have to say at2k. Besides you can easily expand the airtank on an at2k with cpvc.I am working on a mod to let the at2k be modular (singled and turret) BTW.

Edited by TheNerfLoki, 16 November 2008 - 11:49 AM.

Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#10 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:31 PM

Tank size doesn't mean anything, it's the pressure inside that's important. The more pumps you give a gun of a given tank volume the higher the power, not because you're releasing a larger volume of air but because you're putting the same volume under higher pressure. More pressure=more velocity=higher muzzle velocity=higher range.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 16 November 2008 - 04:31 PM.

SexD Warves

#11 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:48 PM

I personally like 2k's more. They are just a lot easier to use in my opinion and are a lot better for integrations. I got my 2k (singled with PETG) to go 135 with 7 pumps.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#12 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:13 PM

They are comparable in performance depending on how well you mod it. The MM does take more pumps (10ish) but you can pump it up real quick. where the At2k is gonna take about 5-6. I have big hands and the AT2k is very uncomfortable to pump when left in its original shell.

Mega missle is 6.99 at my local stores (fred Meyers - 6 within 10 min drive from me) and can be found in high qtys.
At2K runs 12.99 at kohls (1 in local area) and they usually only have 2-3 on the shelf is any at all.

My local fred meyeres often have buy 2 get one free and 20-30% off sales on nerftype stuffs. increasing the savings.

An At2k is IMO an easier gun to integrate into other guns just due to its design. And is a bit higher in material quality.

THe At2k wins for the better gun.
But the MM wins simply because there are plenty avalible to me for whatever I might need. And they wind up being alot cheaper then a At2k.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#13 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:31 PM

You can possibly get AT2Ks from Big Lots as well. They are $6.50 each, and the one closest to me had like 14, so I bought every one of them. If you can get them from a Big Lots in your area, the 2K is way better in every aspect.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#14 Muttonchops

Muttonchops

1.21 Muttonflops

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:49 PM

Tank size doesn't mean anything, it's the pressure inside that's important. The more pumps you give a gun of a given tank volume the higher the power, not because you're releasing a larger volume of air but because you're putting the same volume under higher pressure. More pressure=more velocity=higher muzzle velocity=higher range.

No disrespect meant, but you are partially wrong. Both tank size and pressure are important in pump guns. If you had two comparable guns, one with a tank of 1 cubic inch and one with a tank of 5 cubic inches, and pumped them both up to 20 psi, which one would fire a dart further?

The answer is dependent upon your barrel. If you fire off a single pulse down a 6 inch barrel and release the trigger immediately, the darts will fly the same distance. If, however, the gun with the larger air tank utilizes a 12 inch barrel and the trigger is depressed until the tank empties, you will get substantially better ranges.

While both guns may decrease in pressure at the same rate, the gun with the larger air tank takes longer to fully depressurize. Thus, by having a longer barrel, you can take advantage of this by allowing the dart to accelerate for a longer amount of time, ending in a higher exit velocity and better ranges.

Note, however, that you cannot put TOO long a barrel into a gun. If you do, you run the risk of the barrel being too long for the amount of air displaced and will actually cause the dart to slow down, or possibly be vacuumed right back into the gun, giving you a next distance of shit.
The LGLF - The ass-kickingest, arm-missingest, beer-drinkingest nerf clan in Jersey

21:45 Gears That's boob grabbing time
21:45 Gears it is so easy

#15 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:59 PM

Thanks for the clarification Daemonn. I was imagining two guns of different tank sizes with the same barrel and didn't take the length difference into account.
SexD Warves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users