New, Broken Secret Strike

Return or fix?

7 replies to this topic

#1 BarryAllen

BarryAllen

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:37 AM

Just as the topic says. Bought a secret strike, it doesn't work. As I pump it starts to push the dart out, and it does not fire at all. Should I return it, involving shipping, or just repair the thing and upgrade it in the process?

Anybody else buy new in the package secret strikes with the same issue? Got mine from eBay.

#2 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:44 AM

I don't believe the SSPB is built to very high standards of quality. I bought 3 directly from Hasbro; the first was shit, the second was great, and the 3rd remains NIB. It sounds like your valve is failing to seal properly; try some silicone lube on the gasket. If I couldn't fix it, I would probably just get another one; they're cheap as hell, after all. ~Rork
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#3 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:45 AM

Just as the topic says. Bought a secret strike, it doesn't work. As I pump it starts to push the dart out, and it does not fire at all. Should I return it, involving shipping, or just repair the thing and upgrade it in the process?

Anybody else buy new in the package secret strikes with the same issue? Got mine from eBay.

It would cost more to ship it across town than to simply buy another one.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#4 MithMorchaint

MithMorchaint

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:05 PM

I bought one that does not work as well; it won't pump up. I got mine from Toys R Us.

#5 washedup

washedup

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:46 PM

If you can buy it at a store, then buy one and return your defective one to said store and get your money back.
Go FUCK yourself!

#6 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:46 AM

SSPBs have a tendency to lose seal, I dissected mine, and I could still not get it to work. It was not as well designed as it could have been.

Edited by Foamfoot, 17 November 2008 - 01:48 AM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#7 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:14 AM

Mine was weird. When I cut the stock barrel off, it leaked, but when I glued on the new barrel, it stopped leaking randomly. SSPB's are very unpredictable.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#8 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:10 AM

In my experience, if a SSPB is not holding air when you pump it (and pushing the dart out as you mentioned) the easiest way to fix it is to just pump it really fast. I have one that acts exactly as you describe - and if I pump it quickly, I can get it to hold air and fire. (I often have to push the dart back in a bit first though, to get a better shot off.) It also won't hold air for a long period of time, so I usually have to pump it up right before I'm ready to fire it.

In short, the SSPB's aren't that relible - which is unfortunate considering how small they are. If they were a bit more reliable, they would be one of the best integration blasters available.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users