Expect a Writeup soon.

29 replies to this topic

#1 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:10 AM

Posted Image
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#2 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:12 AM

Do I see... A bolt action SNAPbow? With Reconfigured trigger placement?
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#3 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:35 AM

I'm excited. This looks awesome from an aesthetic point of view as well as a mechanical one. The extended trigger makes it look like it has a huge plunger draw too.

/me is patiently waiting for said writeup

Edited by Jedijoe9, 16 November 2008 - 12:39 AM.

"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#4 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:53 AM

Son of a BITCH. Every homemade concept I've thought of with in the past month has been posted in the past week! I feel like my head is open for the world to view it's contents!

Great work though! I just thought of doing this, but you actually did it. I look forward to the write up to see how similar it is to my concept. Cool trigger placement, that really decreases the size of that thing.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#5 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:27 AM

All righty. A few points.

1. It's not a SNAPbow, nor is it similar thereto. It's a simplified version of Pinapple's old project (namely, a singled FAR). It's MUCH simpler than a FAR, and very repeatable.

2. Technical bits: It's a breeched, bolt-action carbine, with a plunger stroke of 6 1/2". Plunger tube/bolt is 1" thinwall. Powerplant is a Plusbow spring. It features an original pvc/cpvc airtight breech. Plunger, bolt, breech, and transfer bar are original designs. The actual trigger is a clothespin a la Carbon. The FAR's receiver cover has been eliminated, and the lower receiver has been minimized almost out of existence, consisting of only 2 small parts, and it leaves the transfer bar exposed. Barrel length is 8" for now. It's comfy, easy to prime, and scary accurate.

3. It's pretty fucking cute.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#6 MercenaryXero

MercenaryXero

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:35 AM

That is fucking tight!

I may have to build a variant of it sometime after you finish it.

#7 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 02:07 AM

I think I just came.
QUOTE(rork @ Mar 16 2009, 05:30 PM) View Post

I, too "have recon," as they say. I get him in old country. Then I realize he sucks like bog. So I trade him for potato.

#8 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:13 AM

I think I just came.

I think that may have been the single most uncomfortable compliment I have ever received. In fact, I daresay VACC may be the only one on here with the chops to top it.

On topic: I'm glad you guys like it, but I only released this pic because it is in effect only half complete... :D That's right...

#9 UpperHand

UpperHand

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:57 AM

Rork you bastard. Right as I'm finishing a rifle that looks just like this, you come and post this up! Nice work though. Looks really clean. The system that you prime it with looks really nice.
My SCR-6
My Homemade Sidearm
The least you could do is tell me some advice. geese!

-- Headshot 21

#10 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:30 AM

WOW... I can't wait for the writeup.

#11 Mepain

Mepain

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:47 AM

...So, could I just post a comment with nothing in it instead to show how speechless I am?

Nice work!

#12 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:25 AM

You suck so much..... now I have to make one... I hate you so much.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#13 s3an967

s3an967

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:38 AM

This looks promising.
Watch this- I can tip-toe while you take a piss.

#14 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:08 PM

Looks interesting...

With all of these new homemades coming around, it has motivated me to go forward with my latest design....
I'm assuming you have it done, but if not, will it be done before SENO?

Edited by A side of nerf, 16 November 2008 - 04:59 PM.

Southeast Nerf Contingent

#15 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:13 PM

Jesus rork....you're on a roll aren't you?

I'm assuming this is that "awe" inspiring project you mentioned on the SENO thread...it's so beautiful...
Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#16 Radio

Radio

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:39 PM

Posted Image
LOL, RorkRoll'D

That looks killer though rork, good homemades are sight to behold.

Edited by Radio, 16 November 2008 - 10:54 PM.

November 28, 2008 1:02 Mod/Paintjob thread:
Timmytown: Thank you for taking care of that idiot VACC, fine fine work. (no pic)
VACC: Are you fucking retarded? Goodbye.

How's that for funny Timmytown?
It's like VACC was up early wishing me a happy birthday!

#17 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:03 PM

Posted Image
LOL, RorkRoll'D

That looks killer though rork, good homemades are sight to behold.

Note, this is not funny in any way shape or form. You failed at being funny. I dub your lack of funnyness with an A and your level of hysteria an F.

Please wait for further instructions from VACC or other modly inputs. If you do continue your stay here please increase your level of funnyness to a much higher degree, or simply do not speak again.

Thank you for your time.

I would really love to see this thing in action rork. Can we get a video?
QUOTE(rork @ Mar 16 2009, 05:30 PM) View Post

I, too "have recon," as they say. I get him in old country. Then I realize he sucks like bog. So I trade him for potato.

#18 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:05 PM

I love noobs bashing noobs.

#19 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:08 PM

I can see a lot of interesting things going on there. It reminds me a bit of Flaming Hilt's Hitchcock (relocated clothespin, single shot breech). Looking forward to the specifics of how you put it all together.

There's been a lot of great work coming out of the homemades forum lately...keep it up!
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#20 Foam Shooter

Foam Shooter

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:35 PM

That is very good looking. I was considering doing a bolt-action gun for a while but haven't gotten to it yet. I'll start a thread for my up and coming homemade soon. I'm assuming that your gun has a 1" thinwall plunger, right?

#21 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:09 PM

ASON: It'll be at SENO. Essentially, I'm building this thing in stages; stage 1 is complete, and totally war-practical. Carbon: It is a bit similar to Hitchcock, actually. I had never really looked at that writeup before just now, so thanks. Construction should be much easier, though. Timmytown: sorry, this is the only visual I'll be releasing prior to the final writeup, I believe. For that' I'll be making another one, and documenting each step for maximum repeatability. Until then: thanks for all the comments and interest, guys. ~Rork

#22 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:43 PM

Looks AMAZING! Looks a little too complex than what I can do right now tho. Plus I don't think I have access to ANY thin-walled PVC, unless theres some hiding at Home Depot or Lowes... I love this design though :P
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#23 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:12 PM

Wow. Looks like I'm gonna have to start saving money again. Looks sexy. Can't wait for the whole thing. Good Job rork!
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#24 zadjii

zadjii

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:29 PM

No....way....
I built something like this a while ago in the attempt to make a different FAR (note: Effeminate phail)...
anyhow, it seems like the community is coming up with a lot more similar ideas these days, as we come ever closer to the holy grail of nerfing.....

whoa ADD there. my bad. but seriously, finish up the cosmetics and this thing will be badass. I'm off to finish the zwatgun before someone steals that from me...
-Cpvc that's been under your home for 10 years can shatter. New Cpvc doesn't, unless you enjoy violently beating your gun on a tree.
-If you could figure out how to strap a Vulcan as a hand replacement, that would be sweet. I would just stop there, and run around calling myself Mega Man.

#25 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:18 AM

I built something like this a while ago in the attempt to make a different FAR (note: Effeminate phail)...
anyhow, it seems like the community is coming up with a lot more similar ideas these days, as we come ever closer to the holy grail of nerfing.....

Hmmm...Allow me to pontificate. I think that the thing we have to keep in mind is that all nerf-related innovation (especially when it comes to homemades) is very organic; designs never occur in a vaccuum. Instead, they bleed into each other, inspire other designs, either directly or indirectly, and contribute to the slow march of technological progress. The Plusbow grew out of the need for a better X-bow equivalent; it's not a X-bow, but you can see the X-bow's skeleton under all the polycarb, so to speak. The same with this; it's as if a SNAP and a FAR ran at each other very fast--or had a baby, if you prefer. The concept of an "original design" is a bit silly, since it would be illogical to ignore all the influences that are out there to be built upon. As for any "holy grail," I think that such a concept is entirely relative to the blasters surrounding it. Carbon and I have discussed how now, such inventions as the Plusbow and the Doomsayer outstrip practically everything else to such an extent that they approach the threshold--not of perfection, but of unfairness. The answer is not to do away with the best guns, so as to level the playing field; it is for the inventive among us to work harder, bringing the status quo higher, and resulting in a more intense level of play for everyone. ~Rork

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users