Photo

Got A Little Something To Talk About.

Gears of War 2 comm., xmas, and the like.

18 replies to this topic

#1 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:55 AM

So to make a long story short I've been feeling a little down in the dumps lately. And that damn GOW2 commercial with "How it Ends" playing doesn't make me feel much better whenever i see it. I dunno, just seems a little depressing to me, but at the same time it makes me really want to play it like theres a sense of emotion throughout the game like there was in the commercial. But i know better, i know what Gears is really all about.

Which brings up another point, christmas. See, I'm one of those Playstation fanboys you been hearin' about. I love all the classic Sony games like Ratchet & Clank, Sly, Jak, etc. I haven't gotten around to getting a PS3 yet to play any of the what I still call "Next-Gen" editions of those franchises. And I'd reallty, really like to (even though only R&C is the only one out so far.) I don't really know what I want this year, but I usually enjoy the regular electronics stuff. Like video games.

With the economy like it is, i don't think asking my parents for a $300 or $400 console (PS3) is the right thing to do at the moment. I'd really, really like one though. Like REALLY alot. I'm not giving in to the Xbox 360 because It just doesn't have the games i REALLY want to play, obviously. But i'm out of ideas. I wanna be wowed like usual at xmas. But i don't know what to do this year.

-I don't mean to sound snobby or spoiled or anything in this, I'm just a little out of it. And i want to have a good xmas. In all aspects. I love the getting together with family and holiday spirit and all, its wonderful. I just like the greedy aspect of xmas like any other person would.

Sorry for the wall of text.
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#2 raw shrimp

raw shrimp

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:02 AM

Uh....This is a NERF forum. Not a "what do I want for christmas" Forum.

#3 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:04 AM

I could've sworn this was the "Off Topic" section. Please, excuse me.

I believe the description for this section said something along the lines of "anything unrelated to nerf."

Edited by Norther_of_Heaven, 14 November 2008 - 03:14 AM.

I beat my wife."

#4 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:42 AM

I could've sworn this was the "Off Topic" section. Please, excuse me.

I believe the description for this section said something along the lines of "anything unrelated to nerf."

Ya. And it's o.k. when there's an occasional topic in the off topic thread. But when allot of the topics are off topic, then what's the point of this being a nerf form.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#5 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:12 AM

Wow, youve got to be kidding me. This is in the off topic section for a reason... it has nothing to do with nerf. Stop complainning.

As for the situation, Im not sure what you can do either than ask if they would pay for half and you pay the other half(its only $200, you can come up with that without too much trouble). That way you still get a sweet Christmas present, and maybe it would be a suprise.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#6 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:28 AM

Rokor, thanks for your input.

Another question, does anyone know of the lowest-priced SKU for the PS3? I don't really care about harddrive space.
I beat my wife."

#7 Natbeanz

Natbeanz

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:42 PM

Paying half is a great idea. Ask if your Grandparents/Cousins/Uncles ETC for saving up for game togeather/ one each. But i must say this PS3's are sooo good. I got one in the summer holidays, around August and i still have not stopped playing. The games are so good. You must add me. Sorry if this was a bit off the topic.
QUOTE(Groove @ Jan 8 2009, 05:11 PM) View Post

Do me a favor, take a deep breath, and get some of that sand out of your vagina.

WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY SEXY

#8 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:15 PM

PS3 40 GB is your best bet. That's what I have, and unless your putting your entire music collection, and some movies, on it for some reason you really wont need any more hard-drive space. The only downside is that it isn't backwards compatible with PS2 games, but that doesn't seem to be a problem for you.

Oh, its listed as 290ish on Amazon for a used one. I got mine for 400(new) at Target (stores only).

Edited by Axelion_burnout, 14 November 2008 - 02:17 PM.

\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#9 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:23 PM

Sigh. Am I the only person that HATES the whole giftgiving aspect of Christmas?

It's a religious holiday. And people go around touting OH I'M ATHEIST GOD DOESN'T EXIST, yet they still celebrate Christmas. I just think that that's bullshit, and it pisses me off and makes me want to give them a big glass of Falcon Punch.

However, staying on topic.

If you're an offline gamer, then just get the PS3, you'll be happy with your games that you're looking forward to. And you'd be surprised. Gears was actually, in my opinion, a very well written story, and it tugged at some heartstrings.

If you wanna play online with your friends, get a 360. Cheaper, and in my opinion, more fun. I've had a 360 since launch, and never grown bored of it, where as a couple of my friends have PS3s and have traded them in for 360s.

Edited by CrazyIvan VI, 14 November 2008 - 02:26 PM.

I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#10 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:38 PM

Sigh. Am I the only person that HATES the whole giftgiving aspect of Christmas?

It's a religious holiday. And people go around touting OH I'M ATHEIST GOD DOESN'T EXIST, yet they still celebrate Christmas. I just think that that's bullshit, and it pisses me off and makes me want to give them a big glass of Falcon Punch.

Yes, Scrooge. You are the only one who begrudges Christmas cheer for the non-believers. Way to go.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#11 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:11 PM

This is a stupid topic. Either
a) Find a better way to spend your time than playing video games or
b) Get a job and buy them yourself.

Also, Crazy Ivan VI, atheists are allowed to enjoy the happiness that the holiday season brings just the same as religious people. Would you feel better if they chose to celebrate Secular Winter-Themed Gift Giving Day instead of Christmas? And way to bitch about the commercialization of the holidays and then go on to recommend which overpriced toy to buy.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 14 November 2008 - 03:12 PM.

SexD Warves

#12 Natbeanz

Natbeanz

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:19 PM

it pisses me off and makes me want to give them a big glass of Falcon Punch.

So quotable, VACC or this. I still want my penis to shoot rainbows though. :lol: Anyways, my friend had a 360 and he sold it for a PS3, he prefered the games more. Yes, 360 has more games but nobody can deny the fact that PS3's games are so good. I do not want to start a Console war, because both console has its Pros and Cons.
QUOTE(Groove @ Jan 8 2009, 05:11 PM) View Post

Do me a favor, take a deep breath, and get some of that sand out of your vagina.

WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY SEXY

#13 torch

torch

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:52 PM

You could tell them that this would be your Christmas/birthday present also.

P.S. you won't regret the PS3 its a vary reliable and fun game system(not bashing Xbox or anything) I just like the Ps3 better. :lol:

Edited by torch, 14 November 2008 - 03:53 PM.

#14 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:57 PM

Most people nowadays don't celebrate Christmas. They celebrate x-mas, which is, I guess, the gift-giving half of Christmas, but with Christ completely removed from equation. Whichever one you celebrate, just ask for some things you want. If you are poor, ask for the PS3 as a collective gift from a few members of your family that normally get you a gift. Just because the economy is bad doesn't mean everyone is instantly broke. This is something you should be talking to your parents about.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#15 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:36 PM

You know what I did last year when I wanted the Xbox360? I chopped around 3 or 4 cords of wood, and sold them each for around $140. I bought an Xbox after waiting a month and a half for the wood to sell. THAT's a way to get money. And then I asked for Games for Christmas.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#16 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:58 PM

I think your question would be much more suited for this website.

Edited by Foamfoot, 14 November 2008 - 05:59 PM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#17 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:47 PM

I dont mean to start a religous battle, but Christmas should only be celebrated by Christians. Its the Birth of the Lord Jesus Christ and we pass on presents to show our love for each other. I also think that Christmas has become the biggest probagama(or however you spell that word) ever, were supposed to be celebrating good news, and companies are making millions of dollars of those who dont even know why we celebrate Christmas.

I just wanted to say this and by no means do I want to start a flame war.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#18 torch

torch

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:04 PM

I dont mean to start a religous battle, but Christmas should only be celebrated by Christians. Its the Birth of the Lord Jesus Christ and we pass on presents to show our love for each other. I also think that Christmas has become the biggest probagama(or however you spell that word) ever, were supposed to be celebrating good news, and companies are making millions of dollars of those who dont even know why we celebrate Christmas.

Sorry if I offended anyone I'm just used to saying Christmas that is the original name of this holiday. It would be like calling Easter: The day of the Bunny or something. I just think that the whole religion thing and evolution thing is silly. I don't think anyone should be offended if someone says they believe in Jesus or if someone say's that they are an atheist and believe in evolution. (BTW I'm not trying to start anything)

So if anyone wants to argue do it over PM's because this thread is getting Off Topic.

Edited by torch, 14 November 2008 - 09:06 PM.

#19 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:40 PM

Really? You honestly just said that? Wow. Sure that's how christmas started, but it's not only about that anymore. Maybe to christian extremists that's true, but that isn't the only point of christmas to normal people. Christmas is also about spending time with your family. It's about giving children something to look forward to all year. Its about walking with your family over to the tree farm to get a christmas tree. Christmas is about giving thing to people to remind them how much you care about them.

That's not to say christmas shouldn't also be celebrated for its origin. All I'm saying is that there's more to it than that. Why would you ever want to deny non-christians of this holiday. It's like saying the only people that are allowed to play with nerf guns are the people that fabricated them.

On topic:

Norther: I was a little confused by your post. What exactly are you trying to get out of this thread? Were you looking for ideas on how to get your hands on a PS3? I didn't see any such questions in your post, just a story about a kid who desperately wants a PS3 for christmas, and is depressed because he can't have one. I had to pay every penny of my 360. Start saving, do some babysitting, get a job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users