Posted Image

My old way-
Posted Image
Posted Image

New way-
Posted Image
Posted Image

What it is
1/2 to 1 inch bushing, wrapped in E-tape and hot glued into place.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Internals
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by sputnik, 13 November 2008 - 11:57 PM.

tcambre on IRC.

<3

#2 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:54 PM

Uh...I don't see anything, was there supposed to be a picture?

#3 Tornado13

Tornado13

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:57 PM

Disregard

Edited by Tornado13, 14 November 2008 - 12:07 AM.

#4 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:00 AM

It's called editing guys.

Everything's up now.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#5 Herpestidae

Herpestidae

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:00 AM

How is the seal on your way?
Grimlock no bozo! Grimlock king!

#6 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:02 AM

How is the seal on your way?

I can cover the hole with my palm and almost stop the plunger from moving.

In other words, perfect.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#7 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:28 AM

Badass. Both your and FA24's methods have their advantages, just gotta try and pick which way I'd like to try. Seems like FA24's way would be less likely to leave you with a crooked barrel. Any fine tuning required while setting up the couple, sputink?

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#8 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:34 AM

Badass. Both your and FA24's methods have their advantages, just gotta try and pick which way I'd like to try. Seems like FA24's way would be less likely to leave you with a crooked barrel. Any fine tuning required while setting up the couple, sputink?

On mine, as long as you keep the lip of the bushing flush with the end of the gun, the barrel will be perfectly straight.

As far as fine tuning, test fit the E-taped bushing in the plunger tube before gluing it in.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#9 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:28 AM

Pros:

Brings the dart closer to the plunger chamber. This will help eliminate dead space. This of course is only a pro if you did my mod with the coupler, but forgot to add the brass that goes beyond the coupler.

In my opinion, it looks better/cleaner.

Cons:

Looks like it might be harder to add a plunger cushion.

If the plunger is coming in contact with the coupler, it looks as if it will knock the coupler right off.
E-tape coiled a bunch of times is not necessarily the best substitute to fill dead space in this matter.
The E-tape will inevitably telescope and not only will you lose your seal but the coupler will knock right out.

Will probably last one war before breaking. (Live and learn though) My PAS level 2 broke at APOC 07 because at the time I did not know how to reinforce the trigger.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To help prevent the E-tape from telescoping under pressure. Run beads of super glue down the sides where all the edges are. This will give them extra strength.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#10 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:05 AM

Did you try a 1 1/4" reducer? It looks like you've got a hell of a lot of e-tape on there, at least a 1/4 of an inch. Also throwing a screw or two, or something like the +bow, on and there it should be solid, plus it looks nice. Damn, i might have to get me another one of these.

#11 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:34 AM

Reducer?

Please elaborate.

I'l try it if it sounds viable, I've got 3 more PAS's that I'm modding right now.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#12 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:51 AM

Also throwing a screw or two, or something like the +bow, on and there it should be solid,

That is a great idea.
Then fill the gaps with epoxy putty and that puppy isn't going anywhere.
But would it fit?

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 14 November 2008 - 02:51 AM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#13 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:06 AM

Looking at it, I think it will fit.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#14 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:00 PM

By reducer I meant bushing. Your using a 1" to 1/2" bushing right now, but what if you used a 1 1/4" to 1/2" bushing instead. That way you use less e-tape and thus gives you a stronger design.

As for the screws, I'm pretty sure it would fit, you could always use a set screw or something, plus tossing some epoxy putty on there too wouldn't hurt, and it should be rock solid.

#15 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:48 PM

That looks awesome. I have always liked the +Bow coupler more then the regular PVC and CPVC couplers.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#16 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:26 PM

I am definitely doing this since the barrel thing on my shotgun got so fucked up. I spent a lot of time getting a new breach in there, so I hope I can get it out easily, but I don't care as long as I can get the gun up and running again. Thanks for the idea.

#17 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:55 AM

So in this design of coupler system you are completely eliminating both of the front pieces?
So in other words you are taking the bushing , wrapping it in e-tape then it is going directly into the plunger tube? Cool.
Maybe you can help. I am making a captain slug rev.3 breech for my PAS. I need 17/32nds brass to run about 3/4 inches out of the coupler. This way when the sch.40 is in the coupler the 17/32nds brass will make a seal with the McMaster brand PETG when the breech is closed. Which do you think the best way to do this is going to be?

#18 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:47 PM

I am almost finished with this mod. I wrapped all the E-tape on the bushing, put it in the plunger tube and tried closing the shell and it didn't work. I then looked at these pictures and discovered that I have to cut a lip into the e-tape for it to fit in the shell. I'll go do that now, and thanks again for the mod Sputnik, it has saved my pump-shotty.

Edit: I cut out the groove, and it fit very well in the shell. I have a few more things to fix on my pump-shotty, and then it should be back and running again. This mod has motivated me to get back and finish this thing finally.

Edited by venom213, 15 November 2008 - 10:13 PM.

#19 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:42 AM

Glad I helped Venom.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users