Hey Guys! Quick Question

about nerf war rules

25 replies to this topic

#1 Accord

Accord

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:04 PM

Hey guys, I haven't been nerfing for a number of years. It's been a LONG time since I've browsed the forums, and I noticed there's a TON of new things!

Anyway, I had a quick question about the new rules. Are all of the new blasters legal in wars? I noticed the +bow looks absolutely INSANE and I was wondering if you guys generally allow it at the big events (such as Armageddon, DCNO, etc).

Thanks

#2 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:05 PM

The +bow is allowed at all major wars. I have never heard of an instance that it was banned at.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#3 Accord

Accord

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:35 PM

right on, thanks a ton dude

#4 RedHead

RedHead

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:49 PM

Are all of the new blasters legal in wars?

All of the N-Strike line blasters are generally accepted, except for singled Titans.
Homemades, exept for +Bows, are not legal in most West Coast Nerf Wars, like 'Geddon, but I'm not sure what the rule is over on the East Coast.
Hope that helped!

Edited by RedHead, 13 November 2008 - 10:50 PM.

"My affluence makes a nonsense of the regulations!"
-Kaiba with mustache

http://www.escapistm...t-4-Dumb-Part-8

#5 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:32 AM

Singled buzz bee big blasts, spy gear signal launchers, titans, and (I think) blast bazooka have been added to the list of guns usually banned when singled.

Edited by bobafan, 14 November 2008 - 12:32 AM.

thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#6 s3an967

s3an967

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:07 PM

If the LBBs are banded from some wars then I need to get a backup primary. But you also must have eye protection for people under 18. But mostly singled guns that can shoot over 120 are banded from most wars.
Watch this- I can tip-toe while you take a piss.

#7 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:14 PM

Yeah, thats a good rule, but its only air blasters. My SNAP could probably pull a range like that if pressed, and its usable. Air guns just fire faster, and even if the pump isn't plugged, they still hurt. I have a scab on my face from my un plugged Big Blast. Large air guns, unless firing alternative ammo, are normally banned. If you wanna use a Titan Ball gun, be my guest.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#8 Accord

Accord

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:21 PM

if both the spring and air gun can shoot 120 feet, i'd assume they'd have the same power and impact

sounds strange

#9 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:01 PM

Well, that is partially true. However, when at close ranges, it is much nicer to hit someone with a springer than a pump gun. Why, I don't know, but generally it hurts less.

Also, most pump guns that are singled, plugged and properly breached can shoot over 100 with ease so you cant really get too many that shoot exactly 120. It'll be around 100 or over 130.

Singled 3k being one of the shortest (about 80 or so), and a singled Signal Launcher shooting the furthest(ri-fucking-diculous ranges).
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#10 silentsnipe

silentsnipe

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:29 PM

Well, that is partially true. However, when at close ranges, it is much nicer to hit someone with a springer than a pump gun. Why, I don't know, but generally it hurts less.

Also, most pump guns that are singled, plugged and properly breached can shoot over 100 with ease so you cant really get too many that shoot exactly 120. It'll be around 100 or over 130.

Singled 3k being one of the shortest (about 80 or so), and a singled Signal Launcher shooting the furthest(ri-fucking-diculous ranges).

Off topic: I don't know if this makes sense but I think a spring gun does that that because the bullet comes out slower then faster so if your at low range then it wont hurt as much. And the pump gun's just come out way to freaking fast.

Edited by silentsnipe, 14 November 2008 - 11:29 PM.

And it's absolutely rated R for the violence. Also boobies. And pee pees.

Talio.

Join TheNerfFreaks.forumotion.com TODAY!

#11 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:21 AM

Off topic: I don't know if this makes sense but I think a spring gun does that that because the bullet comes out slower then faster so if your at low range then it wont hurt as much. And the pump gun's just come out way to freaking fast.

What you have posted makes no sense.

Blasters are evaluated on a case-by case basis for most wars. Anything capable of shooting further that 130-140 feet us not likely to be allowed.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#12 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:01 PM

While we have a topic like this up, me and a few others were wondering. We have handmade manta shells, can we use them in a war like a manta ray shell?

Edited by Foamfoot, 15 November 2008 - 09:05 PM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#13 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:43 PM

While we have a topic like this up, me and a few others were wondering. We have handmade manta shells, can we use them in a war like a manta ray shell?

It depends completely on who's hosting the war. Generally, the answer is no, but that's not absolute (I've used my homemade Manta at midwest wars) . The subject was discussed at length last year when Baghead built his homemade manta shell, and listed his own criteria for making homemade shells legal.

Edited by Carbon, 15 November 2008 - 09:44 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#14 nightfinder

nightfinder

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:28 PM

Are all of the new blasters legal in wars?

All of the N-Strike line blasters are generally accepted, except for singled Titans.
Homemades, exept for +Bows, are not legal in most West Coast Nerf Wars, like 'Geddon, but I'm not sure what the rule is over on the East Coast.
Hope that helped!

I disagree.
All Pump homemades are banned. Springers are allowed

#15 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:33 AM

There's been a lot of weird physics bandied back and forth lately.

If two projectiles of equal mass, shape, symnetry, etc. (basically physically identical) are launched from an equal height at an equal angle and land at the same distance, then the initial velocity of these two projectiles are assumed to be equal as well as the negative acceleration.

FACT: A NERF dart/stefan starts slowing down the instant it leaves the barrel (assuming there isn't a 100 MPH tail-wind).

While in the barrel, the dart can gain speed as the air (that was compressed in the plunger tube or air tank) expands. Once the air stops expanding (reaches equal pressure with the atmosphere) the dart cannot gain anymore speed. Once the dart leaves the barrel, there is no pressure behind it to propel it forward and so the friction between the dart and the air starts slowing the dart down (we call this drag).

It doesn't matter how a NERF dart attains it top speed (air tank/plunger system/whatever) once the dart leaves the gun it's going to start slowing down at the same rate, regardless of how it got to its top speed.

So all this talk about springers launching darts the same distance (at the same angle) at a lower speed than air tank blasters is obsurd. The notion is physically impossible. If a dart leaves a barrel faster than another dart in a different barrel (and the darts are identical) at the same angle, the dart that left at the faster speed is going to go farther.

By the way, it takes an object about .58 seconds to fall to the ground from five and a half feet. If your dart is perfectly symnetrical and balanced, and fired at a flat angle, it will take .58 seconds to hit the ground. (Imperfections in dart shape could theoretically create lift and keep the dart in the air longer, like how a frisbee stays in the air longer than .58).

#16 Accord

Accord

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:15 AM

thats what i was thinking. i found it ironic how the plusbow was banned yet the sm5k and other big pump-guns weren't.

but, the plusbow does have there different spring settings so you could easily tune it down to the lowest setting.

#17 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:35 AM

Imaseoulman: thank you for that bit of clarification. Not because it was news to me, but because all that misinformation was hurting my head. Accord: were you not paying attention? Plusbows have not been banned from a single war, to my knowledge. As for SGSLs, their tank is identical to that of the Big Blast. Big Blasts are normally banned only if the pump has been plugged. As for homemade air guns: It would depend on the gun; there's a wide gulf between a PVC howitzer and a D-CHAP. As for everything else, it all comes down to ranges.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#18 Accord

Accord

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:42 AM

Imaseoulman: thank you for that bit of clarification. Not because it was news to me, but because all that misinformation was hurting my head. Accord: were you not paying attention? Plusbows have not been banned from a single war, to my knowledge. As for SGSLs, their tank is identical to that of the Big Blast. Big Blasts are normally banned only if the pump has been plugged. As for homemade air guns: It would depend on the gun; there's a wide gulf between a PVC howitzer and a D-CHAP. As for everything else, it all comes down to ranges.

I was paying attention; apparently you weren't. According to Post #4, the +bows are banned on most west coast events.

Anyway, if the plusbow is allowed I think we should make amendments for most other air guns with comparable ranges.

#19 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 02:05 AM

The rule is that it is solely up to the discretion of the event organizer. There is no official rule as to what is allowed and what isn't, hence there is nothing to ammend like you have suggested Accord.

In nearly every East Coast war I have been to, most of them major events of the East Coast Nerf War scene, plusbows are allowed, but singled Titans, SM5Ks, and plugged BBBB and LBB are banned. Also approaching getting banned are the SGSL and the Nat Geo gun. These rules appear to be the general consensus for major wars on both coasts. Homemades are considered on a case-by-case basis, though for the most part they aren't allowed with the exception of the plusbow.

That is how it is.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#20 Accord

Accord

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 02:08 AM

Yea, it's strange how most aren't allowed besides the plus bow :D

Thanks to everyone for answering my questions!

Edited by Accord, 16 November 2008 - 02:09 AM.

#21 rippen11

rippen11

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:35 PM

I have a question, are singled Titans still banned if they are left unplugged?

Who says i buy balls from a store?

Nightfinder

Why is your cat in your arsenal? Perhaps it shoots LASERS?!?!

Captain Slug

#22 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:25 PM

According to Post #4, the +bows are banned on most west coast events.

According to Post #4 which you didn't read correctly

Homemades, except for +Bows, are not legal in most West Coast Nerf Wars, like 'Geddon, but I'm not sure what the rule is over on the East Coast.

I used mine at Armageddon this year.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#23 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:46 PM

Hmmm... I like the "detune" idea... Maybe a 1/2" pipe and couple to go on the offending blaster's business end, with a restriction set up inside? Or a drastically shorter barrel? "Oh, singled Titan? Here's your 3" barrel."
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#24 Aimless

Aimless

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:57 PM

Hmmm... I like the "detune" idea... Maybe a 1/2" pipe and couple to go on the offending blaster's business end, with a restriction set up inside? Or a drastically shorter barrel? "Oh, singled Titan? Here's your 3" barrel."

I like the short barrel idea, but all that does is limit the blasters' accuracy as one can bring the pressure up to compensate quite a bit.

Edit: Assuming the blaster in question is a pump gun.

Edited by Aimless, 17 November 2008 - 08:58 PM.

It makes the world go round.

#25 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:06 PM

I like the short barrel idea, but all that does is limit the blasters' accuracy as one can bring the pressure up to compensate quite a bit.

Edit: Assuming the blaster in question is a pump gun.

Shortening a barrel does decrease range/power. The dart does not have as much time to accelerate before leaving the barrel and therefore leaves the barrel with less speed, in turn not travelling as far or hurting as much at comparable ranges.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users