Photo

Dt3 Modification

12 replies to this topic

#1 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:05 PM

I finished one of the projects I have on my list.
I have enjoyed FA24's recent instructional videos. I think they more clearly describe what to do than with the traditional writeup.
So I gave it a go and here are the links.

recommended Megavideo (music)

Youtube (no music)

Ranges

Not banded:
85'
95' 10"
96' 1"
98' 4"

banded:
114' 3"
115' 6"
115' 9"
116 10"

Edited by bobafan, 12 November 2008 - 05:25 PM.

thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#2 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:54 PM

I like it, It doesn't fuck up the mega pistol look of the gun, which I like.

What are the ranges?
QUOTE(rork @ Mar 16 2009, 05:30 PM) View Post

I, too "have recon," as they say. I get him in old country. Then I realize he sucks like bog. So I trade him for potato.

#3 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:58 PM

At the last few seconds of the video, did you prime it? It sounded like the catch engaged it but the plunger rod went back foward.
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#4 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:58 PM

No official ranges yet, but it shoots consiterably farther than my turreted NF which gets low 80s.

Rouge warrior: I don't think it caught. I actually opened it back up because I forgot the trigger. I also put in a better catch spring. I didn't include this in the video because I think you can figure out to put in the trigger and I had already replaced the catch spring once.

Edited by bobafan, 11 November 2008 - 07:58 PM.

thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.

#5 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:11 PM

Yeah, it's Jimi. VooDoo Child live at woodstock.
I didn't think I had seen a nerf video with Jimi before so I decided to go for it.

---

<ktp753>ouch.

#6 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:38 PM

Decent, this definitely makes me reconsider most spring guns. Gonna explore around and see if I can figure something similar out. Either way, amazing job.

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#7 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:44 PM

The plunger tube is 3/4 pvc? How did you get 1/2 to fit into it, and still need electrical tape to make it seal? It seems really thin.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#8 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:48 PM

Whups. I should've said used SDR 21 pvc pipe not schedule 40.
Edit: I put a note of it in the video.

Edited by bobafan, 11 November 2008 - 08:55 PM.

---

<ktp753>ouch.

#9 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:25 AM

Nice. When I watch this video I think of me. Which means I think this is awesome.

If you are going to do another video for another gun like this. Try to add in some firing shots, range tests, how to load etc. These types of things really add to it. Just some constructive criticism.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#10 Frankie27

Frankie27

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:16 AM

Nice vid. Make me feel like make one. One thing I've wondered for a while (and even tryed) is how do you have you camera set up? Is it on a tripod or does the camera have a swivel lense?

Anyway, nice vid!
Admin of No. 1 Australian Nerf Site - Oz Nerf

#11 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:26 AM

The camera is on a tripod.

Thanks for the complements FA. I'll put those things in next time.

---

<ktp753>ouch.

#12 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:54 PM

Your welcome for the brass. But that aside this is amazing. Is the arrow shooter your other secret project that you wouldn't tell me about except look at nerf hq. Nobody looks at nerfhq.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#13 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:03 PM

I don't have the arrow shooter.

---

<ktp753>ouch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users