Recon -armed- Barrel Leak...

NOOO!

12 replies to this topic

#1 Heartbreak 1

Heartbreak 1

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:21 PM

On my attempt to remove the air restrictor, I accidentaly pushed holes in the rear barrel thing labled "armed." I can't locate the leak, but I think it's in the back of it. Is there a mod/replacement for this restrictor thing? or am I just out of a recon?

*Sorry if this is the wrong place to post* :lol:

#2 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:24 PM

Take the plug out of the back of the rod and use something to patch the holes, im not exactly shure what you are talking about, but if my answer dosent make sense I missunderstood you.

#3 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:42 PM

Recon's not that good anyway. I have one that I singled and it still sucks balls, so I use it for indoor wars.
Gimme back my bullets....

#4 Hoceky

Hoceky

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:51 PM

To locate the leak use a 50:50 mix of soap and water. Coat the plunger tube in this. Then cover up any other holes and blow in the front of the tube. The leaking hole should bubble/fizz. The leak may also make a hissing sound. To repair the leak I would fill the hole with a putty of some kind then superglue it. Then wrap it in e-tape. This is what I did to plug the hole in the side of the recon bolt. There is an easier way to remove the AR. I used a drillpress with a bit that is a tad smaller than the ID of the recon bolt. An alternative is to use a spade bit as seen in CS's mod.

- Hoceky
meh.

#5 Heartbreak 1

Heartbreak 1

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:55 PM

I thought that the plunger labeled "armed" that extends out of the recon was where the AR was. I punched holes in it and now air escapes. I've just hotglued alot of it down, but now it doesn't shut all the way. I think I just need a new plunger. Is there a replacement/mod for a plunger?

#6 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:59 PM

I thought that the plunger labeled "armed" that extends out of the recon was where the AR was. I punched holes in it and now air escapes. I've just hotglued alot of it down, but now it doesn't shut all the way. I think I just need a new plunger. Is there a replacement/mod for a plunger?

Your assumption was incorrect. Your blaster is now inoperative and there's really no way of fixing it.

Air restrictors are located directly behind the peg that inserts into the back of the stock darts.
Posted Image
http://www.projectne.../Air_Restrictor

Edited by CaptainSlug, 09 November 2008 - 07:00 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#7 Heartbreak 1

Heartbreak 1

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:03 PM

Is there a way I can use some PVC Pipe or something to construct a new bolt? I figured out the AR and everything, now. The bolt is the only thing broken.

#8 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:07 PM

Is there a way I can use some PVC Pipe or something to construct a new bolt? I figured out the AR and everything, now. The bolt is the only thing broken.

No.
I have access to some pretty sophisticated tools and even I wouldn't bother making the effort to machine a replacement part that I could simply pull from another $20 blaster.
You made a mistake, and there's no easy fix for it.

My advice is to give up on the Recon. It's just not practical for Nerf Wars.
It's a fun toy, but that's all.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 09 November 2008 - 07:08 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#9 Heartbreak 1

Heartbreak 1

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:08 PM

I thought that the plunger labeled "armed" that extends out of the recon was where the AR was.

Posted Image
There's a good reason why no plunger tube appears in this picture at all.

._.

#10 AJZ

AJZ

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:14 PM

I thought that the plunger labeled "armed" that extends out of the recon was where the AR was.

Posted Image

._.

How about moving on and getting yourself a Nightfinder...it shoots farther and overall will make you happier. Later on, you could maybe use the Recon shell for an AT2K + any other blaster you want. You made a mistake, I do it too. I ruined a Longshot which is 10 dollars more than the Recon. Try something new...

#11 Heartbreak 1

Heartbreak 1

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:16 PM

Posted Image

._.

How about moving on and getting yourself a Nightfinder...it shoots farther and overall will make you happier. Later on, you could maybe use the Recon shell for an AT2K + any other blaster you want. You made a mistake, I do it too. I ruined a Longshot which is 10 dollars more than the Recon. Try something new...

I'm investing... My Birthday was today and so I have some spare cash... I just reassembled my recon though, I painted it and everything. She looks nice. Anyway, It still shoots very well. (I can't give measurements at the moment.)
I'll post pictures when I'm out of school on tuesday.

#12 AJZ

AJZ

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:40 PM

I'm investing... My Birthday was today and so I have some spare cash... I just reassembled my recon though, I painted it and everything. She looks nice. Anyway, It still shoots very well. (I can't give measurements at the moment.)
I'll post pictures when I'm out of school on tuesday.

So you got it working? That's good...

#13 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:53 PM

Recon's not that good anyway. I have one that I singled and it still sucks balls, so I use it for indoor wars.

You don't know Muttonchops.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users