Photo

What Inspired You To Nerf...

77 replies to this topic

#51 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:36 PM

For me, it was buying something cheap from the toy isle. It was the 1st Gen. NF. and then I wanted to see what I could do with it(mainly make darts for it) and I stumble on this.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#52 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 01:08 PM

My friend brought a backpack full of nerf guns to my house to goof around with for an hour. 'Nuff said.
Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#53 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 01:52 PM

My father, sister, and myself used to play when I was a kid. Then my wife bought my son a Maverick and a Nightfinder last October, and I remembered how much fun it is. I have kind of gone overboard since, but It's so much fun!
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#54 Eclipse

Eclipse

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:15 PM

I started to Nerf because I was searching online nite finder reviews and I saw someone with a write up for puting a laser pointer in a nite finder. I later searched for the same guy and found the 'Haven.

#55 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:56 PM

Randomly pyrchaed nerf guns since about 2002. in 2005 i was searching for how to make hom-made darts for cheap. then I stumbled upon
http://www.instructa...Modifications./
I thought that since i didn't have any of those things I couldn't mod any of my gun(s) at that time. but I saw the link for this website on the bottom and tried it. I saw the mods section (on the main page) but i didn't have any of those guns either. so i ignored it for years, but then I wanted to mod my mav (I still love it). I remembered the site, and with a little encouragement from ices videos(oh no I'm one of them) I'm into modding now.
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots.

#56 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:02 PM

I first learned about modding nerf guns after buying some modded ones off of ebay. I later bought a titan at Target and searched google on how I could improve it. I soon found nerfhaven and realized "hey I don't need to buy guns from ebay anymore!"
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#57 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:30 PM

When I went to visit my sister at collage I stayed in a friend of her's dorm room. He had nerf guns that I and other guys played. Mostly stock (he took out the AR's in one Magstrike magazine, that was about it) and it was quite fun. So that Christmas I asked for 2 Mavericks... One of those mavericks is still with me and is singled. Those mavericks bore the front of my moding spree. I'm still amazed that one even works after all I did to them.

Edited by Galaxy613, 11 November 2008 - 11:31 PM.

[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#58 TheBolt

TheBolt

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:01 AM

When my little brother bought a fire fly I instantly wanted to make it better. After looking around on Google i found The Haven. I then attempted to mod the blaster failing miserably. I then got a long shot and attempted to modify the front gun, again i failed. Finally i succeeded, modding the long shot itself.
Now i just can't stop shooting darts at random objects.

#59 Tornado13

Tornado13

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:08 AM

Saw one of ice's videos. Led me to the haven. My first project was with a LS, screwdriver and pliers. There on out I was the only nerfer in Topeka until I told my friends about it so now I have about 10 friends into nerfing. It's crazy how fast something can spread.

#60 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:06 PM

My girlfriend and I were in the car one day and started talking about how cool nerf guns were when we were kids. We decided to stop at the local TRU and picked up a pair of nitefinders. After several awesome duels, we upgraded to mavs (I still use that mav extensively) and had our first war (about 12 people) a few weeks later.

Since then, I have been continuously searching for the guns to beat my maverick as my sidearm of choice and my longshot as my primary of choice, as well as for new gear, such as vests, to make carrying them more comfortable.

#61 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:59 PM

Around the time the 750 came out, my friends mom bought him and a bunch of us some of them. We screwed around with them, then after a while got our guns that didn't do anything and just played "guns"

Like a week later, me and my dad were shooting with it, and I forget what he said, but we took it downstairs to my dads workshop, opened it up, he cut off the original barrel, and replaced it with this plastic tube we found. We shot around with it, and after seeing the results, I started to collect here and there. The last 3 or so years are when I really started to get into it though.

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#62 Connor

Connor

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:18 PM

I went to Prezinthenet house one day. When i walk in his room he was opening up a nerf gun and i was like what the hell are you doing. Then i sall how far it shot and was like that so COOL. That night i moded my first nerf gun. And now LOVE it.

Edited by Connor, 13 November 2008 - 04:18 PM.

Opinions are like Assholes, Everyone has one.

F_A 24 is the KING of nerf.

#63 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:21 PM

I went to Prezinthenet house one day. When i walk in his room he was opening up a nerf gun and i was like what the hell are you doing. Then i sall how far it shot and was like that so COOL. That night i moded my first nerf gun. And now LOVE it.

I think that that must be the Platonic ideal of a bad post. Seriously, I just had to wipe blood out of my eyes in order to type. Your...future...I see--banning! C'est la vie.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#64 amerikanidiot154

amerikanidiot154

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:26 PM

Ahh I remember it like yesterday! I was at my friend's house and saw he bought a longshot. I then went to target and bought a recon. From then on my arsenal started filling up until I needed a cabinet for my guns. I started modding whe I was bored and modded my titan.
You'll laugh your dick off

He'd make a great candidate for smear the queer. Give him an eliminator and set him free.~BladeMaster:NHQ

#65 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:37 PM

Ahh I remember it like yesterday! I was at my friend's house and saw he bought a longshot. I then went to target and bought a recon. From then on my arsenal started filling up until I needed a cabinet for my guns. I started modding whe I was bored and modded my titan.

And then started polluting the boards with useless posts in topics that have been dead for almost 3 months? Bad Nerfer. BAD!!
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#66 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:39 PM

woah, I was introduced by the same video. I was going to get a nerf gun, just for fun, and I stumbled on him. ;)

#67 JacobBlack

JacobBlack

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:47 PM

i was screwing around in Target and finally purchased myself a Maverick ;)
Paintball Junkie: HAHA! Nerf's for pussies!

JacobBlack: *slowly brings out titan*

#68 lazer371

lazer371

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:31 PM

One of my friends had one and I thought they were cool(I thought the fact that I could shoot somebody with a gun and not get in trouble was cool). Then I was at walmart and I saw a maverick, And begged my dad to buy it. Sure enough, I eneded up getting it for christams then came a the tommy 20, longshot etc. But as some tuime went on I was getting bored with the ranges so I wondered if I could make them beter and thats when I went to youtube and searched "nerf". One of the first videos I saw was from uin13 and I just started watching the rest of his videos.

Edited by lazer371, 24 January 2009 - 02:34 PM.

I aint plannen' on unlearnin' no grammer.
(makes you think....)

They say, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." What?!?!?!?!
I say, "Screw that! Give me a bigger gun!"

#69 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:25 PM

My cousin and I used to play with his (Non-nerf) toy guns and we had a lot of fun. Eventually, we started using his nerfs, and we were hooked. That is my story.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#70 dacada

dacada

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:02 PM

i went to a friends house and he and his bro. had lots of nerf guns so i got a tommy 20 and stoped because it sucked ass but the on christmas i got a reactor and got a recon after that i saw my friends bros titan and that inspired me to mod ;)

#71 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:12 PM

Umm... Did you guys get the memo on the whole "If you post in a necroed thread you are just as much at fault as the person who necroed it" thing? On Nerfhaven, we generally don't post in old threads unless we have something significant or new to say. "Something new or significant" does not include a new reply or question that is relating to the topic. Really, unless you have a new mod, war details, or a sales thread bump, don't necro shit.

Edited by Foamfoot, 24 January 2009 - 04:15 PM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#72 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:49 PM

Umm... Did you guys get the memo on the whole "If you post in a necroed thread you are just as much at fault as the person who necroed it" thing? On Nerfhaven, we generally don't post in old threads unless we have something significant or new to say. "Something new or significant" does not include a new reply or question that is relating to the topic. Really, unless you have a new mod, war details, or a sales thread bump, don't necro shit.

Says the guy posting in a necro'd thread :P

He's probably right, though. NO MOAR POASTING! B)
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#73 pokemaster

pokemaster

• Banned
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:48 PM

My insperation was uin13 or ice and angel on youtube.
92% of teens would cry if Miley Cyrus was about to jump off a building.
If you are part of the 8% who would say "Jump B****, JUMP!!!!" . . .
Copy and paste this in your signature

olg guns or new nerf is the beat buzzbee sucks if you agree copy and paste this to your sig

#74 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:56 PM

I coulda called it.

If you woulda looked about 8 posts up, you woulda noticed that this thread has been necroed in the past, and you just necroed it again. At Nerf Haven, most people kinda erotically massage reviving old topics, unless you have something major to contribute. Friendly hint :)

Edited by BustaNinja, 30 April 2009 - 06:59 PM.

Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#75 nerfer63

nerfer63

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:04 PM

I coulda called it.

If you woulda looked about 8 posts up, you woulda noticed that this thread has been necroed in the past, and you just necroed it again. At Nerf Haven, most people kinda erotically massage reviving old topics, unless you have something major to contribute. Friendly hint :)

At least he said angel too and not just ice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users