Mnhno Recap

CRAZY!

26 replies to this topic

#1 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 07:25 PM

I had a lot of fun, but I am insanely tired so I will post my thoughts a little later. Go ahead and post your thoughts of the war here.

#2 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 07:41 PM

Leaving early sucked, but having my feet warm again was a good feeling. My CrossSNAP worked beautifully. Having my diskshot break AGAIN sucked, and getting shot it the face point blank by Bullet Dragon with my own fucking Big Blast sucked even more. It took me about 20 minutes to get that monster welt cleaned out. And the fact that it froze shut bothered me.

Also, accidentally smashing a glass bottle on the roof of the pagoda because I mis-judged my "grenade" throw. That was fun. So was the vodka fire, then having Beaver and my friend Martin say "Damn, waste of good vodka"
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#3 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 08:37 PM

That was a good war. We had a lot of tower rounds and pissed people off by eating at burger king. The only thing bad about it was my feet were cold for a while until I put on a couple pairs of socks and put hand warmers in my shoes. When I got home I pretty much laid on the couch and fell asleep and got up just now.

#4 MercenaryXero

MercenaryXero

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:23 PM

That was fun. My SNAP was really good, and that was with awful conditions and a broken component. It felt really cool to run within range and unleash two long range shots in succession. The worst thing was the cold, made my hands numb to the point where I would reach for the pump handle, not feel it, and think it had fallen off, but I was just too numb to feel it. Also the fucking breech hurt to operate.

Anyway, the war was awesome, though I'm looking forward to the spring so I can do some proper damage.

#5 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:45 PM

First off, sorry about the face-shot, BustaNinja, I totally thought I was aimed at your chest.

Pros:
-LOTS of Tower Rounds
-Vodka Fire
-Buying venom's Eagle Eye
-Trading for Busta's Big Blast
-NOT GETTING FUCKING SICK!

Cons:
-Colder than OMC in a bad mood
-Vodka Fire (waste of vodka)
-Nick not playing
-Puke in the tower (EWWW!)
-Leaving early
-The trigger on my SNAP failing horribly
-My BnA critically failing from the cold

Overall, pretty good. It certainly wasn't long enough, but it was good because I was wiped as hell when I got home. Flopped into my bed and slept from 2:30 to about 8:30. Certainly happy with my new guns. Need to fix my SNAP before the next one (not a big deal)

Edited by Bullet Dragon, 08 November 2008 - 09:59 PM.

Gimme back my bullets....

#6 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 10:18 PM

First off, sorry about the face-shot, BustaNinja, I totally thought I was aimed at your chest.

Pros:
-LOTS of Tower Rounds
-Vodka Fire
-Buying venom's Eagle Eye
-NOT GETTING FUCKING SICK!

Cons:
-Colder than OMC in a bad mood
-Vodka Fire (waste of vodka)
-Nick not playing
-Puke in the tower (EWWW!)
-Leaving early
-The trigger on my SNAP failing horribly
-My BnA critically failing from the cold

Overall, pretty good. It certainly wasn't long enough, but it was good because I was wiped as hell when I got home. Flopped into my bed and slept from 2:30 to about 8:30. Certainly happy with my new guns. Need to fix my SNAP before the next one (not a big deal)

Yeah, its no problem. Its all good. I mean, we got you pretty bad with big blasts so its only fair. Plus, I can get more Big Blasts, and I can't get another first shot. Its a nice pistol.

#7 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 11:19 PM

Pros:

Yeah, its no problem. Its all good. I mean, we got you pretty bad with big blasts so its only fair. Plus, I can get more Big Blasts, and I can't get another first shot. Its a nice pistol.

Where DO you get Big Blasts anyway? I might be willing to send you some money to get one for me. I can probably think of some clever way to mod it outside of normal designs. Anyway, lemme know. I'm happy you like the first shot by the way. You might want to check the tip of the barrel though, I know one of them got dropped today and I'm not sure which one it was.

#8 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 11:28 PM

Jake and I use to get ours at Walgreen's and k-mart, but then they all vanished. You might still be able to find them, I think it just depends on your location.

#9 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 11:54 PM

Jake and I use to get ours at Walgreen's and k-mart, but then they all vanished. You might still be able to find them, I think it just depends on your location.

Thats where I found mine. And as for the tip, its fine. I used it during the pistol round. However, I might see if I can change the way it cocks, because I really don't like the lever.

#10 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 03:10 AM

My first war! It was fun - got to try a lot of different guns in an outdoor war setting. All of my guns held up very well; I was paranoid that my Nitefinders would explode from the springs I put in them. My PS-800 gave me great satisfaction - I'll be using that thing a lot more in the future. I also got rid of a bunch of guns and parts that I wasn't using.

By god, it was cold though!

Thoughts:
-I need to make much more consistent darts, and I need them to fit my barrels.
-I'm not digging turrets. They give you a nice boost in ROF, but they are such a pain in the ass to load. Over the course of a game, I probably got similar ROF from my guns with couplers.
-The SM1500 is awesome!
-I reeeeeallly want a +bow or a SNAP.
-Screw having a little pistol sidearm when you can stuff a PS-800 in your pocket!
-Despite all of you bitching about how overrated the crossbow is, I thought it performed beautifully when I used it. Its very accurate and ergonomic to use.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 09 November 2008 - 10:56 AM.

#11 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:25 AM

that was my first war and I am very satisfied with what I got out of it; a bbb, at3k and a crapload of stefans and an all around good time.
The cold however, was unpleasent.
all weather anomalies aside, I am looking forward to the next one. when is it?
Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#12 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:51 AM

So was the vodka fire, then having Beaver and my friend Martin say "Damn, waste of good vodka"

Using SKYY as lighter fluid is just criminal.

#13 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 03:59 PM

Also, accidentally smashing a glass bottle on the roof of the pagoda because I mis-judged my "grenade" throw. That was fun. So was the vodka fire, then having Beaver and my friend Martin say "Damn, waste of good vodka"

Sorry, what was that?

I hope you all went to nerf, not to make a bad name for the rest of us.
Of course, what you do is up to you. I'm not a babysitter.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#14 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:05 PM

Sorry, what was that?

the glass was an accident. The vodka was for a fire because it was fucking cold.

#15 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:09 PM

Sorry, what was that?

It sounds worse than it was - there were was a bunch of bottles laying around from some sort of drunken revelry from the night before. We actually left the place cleaner than it was.

#16 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:37 PM

...Except for the puke. That was left as it was.

Rainbow Clan

#17 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:48 PM

Sorry, what was that?

It sounds worse than it was - there were was a bunch of bottles laying around from some sort of drunken revelry from the night before. We actually left the place cleaner than it was.

Seconded. I actually picked up my share of the garbage around lunch time. Anyway, would have loved to have you there, Hilt.

#18 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:56 PM

Say, who was I talking to about chipping in for supplies to get a +bow? I'm serious about wanting to make one.

#19 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:38 PM

That would be me and my friend.

#20 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 01:44 PM

I feel like it has to be said:

Rushing the tower with dual RF20's: Totally Impractical. Totally Awesome.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 11 November 2008 - 01:45 PM.

#21 Dr Rockzo

Dr Rockzo

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:39 PM

Wow, I totally blanked this one. Count me in for the next MNNO.

#22 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:22 AM

somebody was talking about a war in the middle of winter.

I for one would be willing to attend something like that.
Assuming that everybody would be dressed for the cold...and that other people would go.

Rainbow Clan

#23 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:28 AM

somebody was talking about a war in the middle of winter.

I for one would be willing to attend something like that.
Assuming that everybody would be dressed for the cold...and that other people would go.

No offense guys, but I think I was the ONLY person that dressed for the cold. Yeah I know Nerf blasters are hard to fire with gloves on, but I did it all day just fine. I think my aim was a little off as a result, but I was nice and warm.

That said, I'm not entirely sure a war in the middle of the goddamn winter is such a good idea unless we can get an indoor venue.

Edited by Bullet Dragon, 12 November 2008 - 11:33 AM.

#24 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:57 AM

I'm going to talk to the facilities people at University of Minnesota to see if we could use one of their indoor gymnasiums for an war. Some student groups on campus have hosted events there before - I'm not sure if costs would be involved (I wouldn't host anything that would cost me more than zero dollars). We shall see what they say - don't get your hopes up.

I'm not entirely sure a war in the middle of the goddamn winter is such a good idea

Hell no. As much as I want to play in the snow, I think the blasters would have major durability problems in 10-20 degree weather.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 12 November 2008 - 11:59 AM.

#25 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:33 PM

Beaver: I'm glad to see your checking out an indoor venue. Sam talked about possibly renting a indoor paintball place, but it's pretty expensive.

I am starting to doubt being able to have an outdoor war in the full on winter. I guess they did it in Canada, but considering how much of an effect the cold had on us at this war, I can't see it working out well at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users