formerly, AIDS, but now... POLITICALLY CORRECTIFIED!!-- Operat

17 replies to this topic

#1 Puppylayer

Puppylayer

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:15 PM

Welcome to OINK!!

OINK, formerly AIDS, is an annual Illinois Nerf War (and my first) which will most likely be held at our local church. (indoors)
It is located in naperville, IL, and if you are thinking about attending, PM me so I can put you on da list.

This will be my first war, and I am open to any tips...

(probably held on winter break)

Lets make this happen!

oh... and add me as a 'maybe' on the Dec. part of 2008 schedule, or January 2009 schedule... Thanks!

pre-apoligizing... sorry for caps...

DATE IS NOT SET UNTIL I HAVE ENOUGH INFORMATION ABOUT WHEN PEOPLE CAN ATTEND!!! (ON WINTER BREAK!!!)

FROM (maybe) 12/20- 1/4 ???

Edited by Puppy-§layer, 06 November 2008 - 05:16 PM.

QUOTE(nerfer9 @ Dec 26 2008, 01:34 PM) View Post

Coal? You're santa arent you! You didn't give me that bike I wanted! Prepare to die!

Also active as Slayer_of_OnE at NerfLovers!

#2 Kyrativ

Kyrativ

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:34 PM

Just a suggestion, maybe change the name, when I first saw this on recent topics I thought it was about AIDS the disease. maybe change it to like Annual Illinois Nerf Out
The only nerfer who could kick your ass with a dart tag gun but not with a xbow

NERFSTRONG #44

#3 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:49 PM

Just a suggestion, maybe change the name, when I first saw this on recent topics I thought it was about AIDS the disease. maybe change it to like Annual Illinois Nerf Out

I personally like the name. However, you need to have a SHITTON more information before deciding to go public with this. Like a date. Let's start there.

I have been hearing a lot of information recently about people hosting wars at their churches. How easy is it to do this? I do not belong to a church, being agnostic, but I have a few catholic friends that are affiliated with various churches in Colorado.

Playing inside one of the few churches I have been to would be incredible, because 2/3 have 2 stories multiple large and small rooms it would be insanity.

So to reiterate, how easy is it to get a nerf war going in a church?
QUOTE(rork @ Mar 16 2009, 05:30 PM) View Post

I, too "have recon," as they say. I get him in old country. Then I realize he sucks like bog. So I trade him for potato.

#4 Puppylayer

Puppylayer

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:12 PM

I personally like the name. However, you need to have a SHITTON more information before deciding to go public with this. Like a date. Let's start there.

I have been hearing a lot of information recently about people hosting wars at their churches. How easy is it to do this? I do not belong to a church, being agnostic, but I have a few catholic friends that are affiliated with various churches in Colorado.

Playing inside one of the few churches I have been to would be incredible, because 2/3 have 2 stories multiple large and small rooms it would be insanity.

Personally, I believe it could be rather simple. You can ask politely for a few hours on a weekend, and if they may deny my offer, I can chip in a donation to the church, or offer some community service hours...

Bottom line is, I need to check with the church administrators....

Also, you seem to be quite active on these forums lately... have you been browsing on this site for a while, not necessarily looking for a member validation??
Just wondering...

-P§

Edited by Puppy-§layer, 05 November 2008 - 07:15 PM.

Coal? You're santa arent you! You didn't give me that bike I wanted! Prepare to die!

#5 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:57 PM

Personally, I believe it could be rather simple. You can ask politely for a few hours on a weekend, and if they may deny my offer, I can chip in a donation to the church, or offer some community service hours...

Bottom line is, I need to check with the church administrators....

Also, you seem to be quite active on these forums lately... have you been browsing on this site for a while, not necessarily looking for a member validation??
Just wondering...

-P§

I had an expedited validation when I did need to post. I have been here for a long time. I got out of the hobby and then came back in.

I have been browsing without a validation and doing mods and going to wars just like you said.

That's interesting. I will have to look into that for sure.

I, too "have recon," as they say. I get him in old country. Then I realize he sucks like bog. So I trade him for potato.

#6 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:25 PM

Puppy Slayer, CHANGE THE NAME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stand people who do stuff like this THOUSANDS die each year from that disease. Pease change the name, I am begging you.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#7 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:36 PM

Puppy Slayer, CHANGE THE NAME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stand people who do stuff like this THOUSANDS die each year from that disease. Pease change the name, I am begging you.

Yeah, Sometimes I wonder how many people choke to death on cheese.

In all seriousness he does have a good a point.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#8 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:47 PM

I think the name is pretty awesome. Mad props puppy.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#9 eddieoctane

eddieoctane

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:53 PM

Impossible. Literally. Getting permission to goof around on the fields that the church owns I think would be fairly easy. Inside the church, however, is holy ground. Even asking it is a huge sign of disrespect for the people who do participate in the religion. I was raised Roman Catholic, and while I don't practice any kind of formal religion, I still find the idea of people running around with nerf guns inside any place of worship incredibly offensive.

And the name is a horrible idea as well. It sounds like you are minimizing a disease that does kill millions each year. Before you post again, find someone with half a functioning brain and have the proofread your post, and then hit you for being such a retard.
C8H18

#10 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:32 PM

You know what? The name is tasteless. It's also a joke. Does anyone else remember the South Park episode, "Jared Has Aides"? I think everyone should watch it and chill. That being said, I would never, ever name a war after an STD pandemic. Just seems...tacky. The fact that it's for a church war just compounds my discomfort.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#11 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:00 AM

How can you harp on the name of this war in light of the name of its fucking organizer?! Slaying Puppies is NOT funny!

Fact: 75% of people who die of aids are miserable and depressing looking by the time of their unfortunate end.

Fact: 95% of puppies are adorable.

You can't argue with the fucking numbers! Leave the war, change the Nerfer!

#12 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 09:17 AM

[quote name='eddieoctane' date='Nov 5 2008, 08:53 PM' post='187754']
[/quote]

Impossible. Literally. Getting permission to goof around on the fields that the church owns I think would be fairly easy. Inside the church, however, is holy ground. Even asking it is a huge sign of disrespect for the people who do participate in the religion. I was raised Roman Catholic, and while I don't practice any kind of formal religion, I still find the idea of people running around with nerf guns inside any place of worship incredibly offensive.

And the name is a horrible idea as well. It sounds like you are minimizing a disease that does kill millions each year. Before you post again, find someone with half a functioning brain and have the proofread your post, and then hit you for being such a retard.
[/quote]

Ok... Well there have been a lot of church wars lately so I know it IS possible. However, these could be with stock guns and what not I don't know.

And actually a church isn't considered holy ground always. (Catholic school classes ftw!)

#13 Puppylayer

Puppylayer

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:11 PM

Ok... the War name.... understandable. I'll look into a different name with just as much "Punch". However, I think my username isn't necessarily a sign of cruelty. I know of nobody who enjoys slaying puppies. Not even me. So, my username remains as my own little paradox... so deal with it, or just go away... (unless, of course... the entire quote by VACC was a joke [?]).

As for the church, I see how under some circumstances the war may not be allowed to be held in a church. If it is not, then i might just hold it at a community center or something... If there are any other suggestions for a setting of a nerf war, I'm open for suggestions!

-P§

edit: Done! the new name is OINK- Operation Illinois Nerfage Konference.

Not too shabby...

Edited by Puppy-§layer, 06 November 2008 - 05:33 PM.

#14 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:32 PM

My church is cool about us nerfing inside and outside of it. They think it is great that we found a hobby that allows us to get excercise and have fun at the same time. My youth leader even joins in on occasion.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#15 Puppylayer

Puppylayer

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:35 PM

My church is cool about us nerfing inside and outside of it. They think it is great that we found a hobby that allows us to get excercise and have fun at the same time. My youth leader even joins in on occasion.

I think that would be a good persuasion tool...

But this war is still a WIP. So, If you have winter break between 12/20 and 1/4, it might be ok...

#16 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:46 PM

Tip on war planning: If you're going to plan a war and inform the Haven of it, you should have a concrete date and place first. People need to know this info in order to determine whether or not they can attend. If you just throw a broad range of dates out, it is hard for potential attendees to plan.

You set up the war then see how many people can come. Not the other way around.

Just sharing knowledge I picked up from hosting SENO with Zaxbys. Good luck with your war :).

Edited by Shadowblade, 06 November 2008 - 10:47 PM.

Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#17 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:48 PM

I think my username isn't necessarily a sign of cruelty. I know of nobody who enjoys slaying puppies. Not even me. So, my username remains as my own little paradox... so deal with it, or just go away... (unless, of course... the entire quote by VACC was a joke [?]).

You'd think that extreme idiocy would have ceased to shock me long ago, but alas, I am confounded. Do they really breed people this stupid?

#18 Puppylayer

Puppylayer

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:07 PM

I think my username isn't necessarily a sign of cruelty. I know of nobody who enjoys slaying puppies. Not even me. So, my username remains as my own little paradox... so deal with it, or just go away... (unless, of course... the entire quote by VACC was a joke [?]).

You'd think that extreme idiocy would have ceased to shock me long ago, but alas, I am confounded. Do they really breed people this stupid?

Seriously, though. The only people I think would slay puppies are the Insanity Party and this one mexican actor I saw on T.V. once...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users