Photo

Vote

9 replies to this topic

#1 Spartan 117

Spartan 117

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:59 AM

Hey today is election day and I just wanted to tell everyone who can to vote!

Please if you do reply to this thread, don't make it into an argument about who is better.
The enrichment center reminds you that the weighted companion cube cannot speak. In the event that it does speak, we urge you to disregard it's advice.

#2 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:13 AM

I have already performed my civic duty and cast my ballots for national, state and local elections.

In my opinion, those who don't vote (and can), have no right to complain about the people elected into office.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#3 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:15 AM

I won't close this thread just yet because it's message is a good one. However, any partisan discussion or debate will not only get this thread closed but will get the participants suspended.

Remember, if you have the option and don't vote, you really have no right to complain about the results, and we ALL like to complain.
(Ambience beat me to it)

#4 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:36 AM

History will be made today. The United States will either elect our first Black President or our first Female Vice-President.

By voting you make your voice heard, and you become a part of this historical event.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#5 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:48 AM

Remember, if you have the option and don't vote, you really have no right to complain about the results, and we ALL like to complain.
(Ambience beat me to it)

Fuck that, either way I have every right to complain.

Every four years everyone makes a big deal out of guilting the lazy, uninformed masses who might have otherwise stayed home into casting a vote when the majority of their understanding of the presidential race comes from SNL or 'Who's Nailin' Paylin?'. Not every election, not every november, but every four years, when it's too late to have any real influence, because the primaries are over and no one's been paying enough attention to congressional candidates or their local officials to know the names on the ballot. It ends up being a vote *against* a candidate instead of a vote *for* a candidate.

I say, let them stay home. If somebody doesn't have the impetus to get off their ass and vote, that's their prerogative. If you let someone spend four years living in a cave and getting their 'news' from sketch comedy, youtube, and digg, what good are you doing by encouraging them to go to the polls now?

If we put half the effort we spend on this rock the vote bullshit into reforming the electoral process, or demanding the mainstream media not play into the hands of the politicians, maybe we could accomplish something useful.

Edited by Langley, 04 November 2008 - 09:49 AM.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#6 boisie

boisie

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:52 AM

I just wish I could perform the civic duty. Alas, I won't be able to choose a president until 2016. Stupid birthday being on Veterans Day.

Edited by boisie, 04 November 2008 - 09:54 AM.

QUOTE(One Man Clan) View Post
You understand what you just did posting a picture of 4 girls on a message board chock full of nerdy virgins, right?
QUOTE(Foamfoot) View Post
Maybe if we download Ubuntu Christian edition, God will help us install it.

#7 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:14 AM

If we put half the effort we spend on this rock the vote bullshit into...demanding the mainstream media not play into the hands of the politicians, maybe we could accomplish something useful.

Wait? What? The media is biased? Say it ain't so...

#8 thaygor

thaygor

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:54 AM

If we put half the effort we spend on this rock the vote bullshit into...demanding the mainstream media not play into the hands of the politicians, maybe we could accomplish something useful.

Whare have you been in the last 20 years?

Edited by thaygor, 04 November 2008 - 10:56 AM.

Just remember you are unique, Just like everyone else!

#9 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:29 AM

It's not even the bias that bothers me. If certain networks and programs are known to favor one party over another, that's fine. The problem is that this bias results in representatives on both sides simply dismissing each other's arguments and abandoning any kind of intelligent discourse. I mean, lets say, for argument's sake, that I'm a neo-conservative republican. What do I actually get out of watching fox news? I may as well watch Cinemax because it's all just masturbation. I'll take titties over self congratulatory smirking any day. If anyone on fox news made an intelligent argument, it wouldn't matter that they tend to defend the Republicans and argue against the Democrats.

And the Democrat biased media is just as bad. Digg for example, has been a solid wall of videos showing clips of things McCain said during interviews and speeches taken totally out of context. What purpose does that serve?

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#10 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:35 AM

Speaking of purpose, what exactly is the point of your bitching about this on a Nerf forum? Is this your medium for sweeping media reform?

At least I don't have to watch this thread for the rest of the day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users