smeagolsaur

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:07 AM

Pump Tek:

Posted Image
Posted Image
http://buzzbeetoys.c...ters/47800.html

Other upcoming Buzzbee toys: Lazer Tek 8 & Thunderbolt 10 Suction Dart Blaster.

Edited by smeagolsaur, 04 November 2008 - 12:08 AM.

#2 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:13 AM

Looks like a maxshot/ pump shotgun combination. Hopefully it will be as good.

#3 Herpestidae

Herpestidae

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:14 AM

Looks like it could have some potential. However it also looks like it could snap in half with little force.
Grimlock no bozo! Grimlock king!

#4 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:18 AM

Looks like it could have some potential. However it also looks like it could snap in half with little force.

The design in my opinion looks like they slapped a bunch of pieces together. Though it looks like it has some power behind it.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#5 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:20 AM

It's pug-ugly, there's very little info available, but I kinda like it. Plus, it's a ball gun, which bodes well in terms of probable air volume.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#6 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:30 AM

Your "new blaster" was first mentioned over a year ago.
http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=8662

Edited by CaptainSlug, 04 November 2008 - 12:32 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#7 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:14 AM

Regardless of that fact ... has anyone Actually SEEN one of these in stores yet? I'd like to pry one open somethin fierce...just because I have this obsession with Ball Guns.

Edited by baghead, 04 November 2008 - 03:15 AM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#8 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:06 AM

Could that be just an obsession with the balls?

In any case, I too would love to get my hands on one to make another version of the BoomStick. I have never seen these in stores since their supposed release and I have looked everywhere.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#9 perezinthenet

perezinthenet

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:20 AM

Has anyone here seen it for sale at an online store? It looks like it could have some potential

Edited by perezinthenet, 04 November 2008 - 06:21 AM.

#10 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:02 AM

That's just one of those guns that's so ugly that it'd be embarrassing to be shot by.

#11 smeagolsaur

smeagolsaur

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:58 AM

Hmm...strange that that pics were found over a year ago but the toy hasn't been released yet.

#12 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:02 AM

I know this is pure speculation, but I think it's not a springer. Two reasons for this:
1.) Look at the bulbous protrusion just below the "PUMP." Very reminiscent of the Secret Shot 2
2.) It has a PUMP! Look at the second illustration in the "directions." Note that the arrow has two heads on it which seems to imply repeated (pumping) motion. Granted, that could just mean that you have to cock it and then return the lever to its original position, but I'm going with the PUMP gun theory.

Oh, p.s. I just went and looked at enlarged picture of the box and it says "pump to pressurize" underneath the second illustration. I'm really interested to see what sort of trigger mech it has. Judging by the picture it's not going to pull a firing pin.

My guess is that IF we can ever find these in stores, a pump replacement will make it quite formidable. At the least Secret Shot 2 ranges, if not better.

edit: Linkage for those of you who want an enlarged photo.

Edited by imaseoulman, 04 November 2008 - 10:17 AM.

#13 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 01:01 PM

That's just one of those guns that's so ugly that it'd be embarrassing to be shot by.

All the better for a war! I'm interested in these too. Nothing better than taking someone out with the least aerodynamic, shortest range ammo available!
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#14 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 01:52 PM

This looks interesting. If that large bulge on the side is an air tank, this thing could have some power. Although, if it was mentioned over a year ago, and nobody has ever seen it in stores, I don't have any intentions of looking for one.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#15 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:00 PM

I do, so I emailed Buzzbee's customer service, and asked where it could be purchased in California.
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#16 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:26 PM

I do, so I emailed Buzzbee's customer service, and asked where it could be purchased in California.

Good on you. Let us know if anything turns up.

#17 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:21 PM

Hello Alex,
Currently this item is not available. Is there another item you would be interested in?
Carol Fox
Customer Service

Not good news...
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#18 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:09 PM

I know this is pure speculation, but I think it's not a springer. Two reasons for this:
1.) Look at the bulbous protrusion just below the "PUMP." Very reminiscent of the Secret Shot 2
2.) It has a PUMP! Look at the second illustration in the "directions." Note that the arrow has two heads on it which seems to imply repeated (pumping) motion. Granted, that could just mean that you have to cock it and then return the lever to its original position, but I'm going with the PUMP gun theory.

Oh, p.s. I just went and looked at enlarged picture of the box and it says "pump to pressurize" underneath the second illustration. I'm really interested to see what sort of trigger mech it has. Judging by the picture it's not going to pull a firing pin.

My guess is that IF we can ever find these in stores, a pump replacement will make it quite formidable. At the least Secret Shot 2 ranges, if not better.

edit: Linkage for those of you who want an enlarged photo.

I think your right about the SS2 tankness. It also appears to have a similar trigger mech as the SS2. It looks as if the trigger is on an axel much like the SS2. If I'm correct about this, then rather than traditional AT2K firing pin, it may have a firing pin much like, once again, the SS2's.

Edited by TantumBull, 04 November 2008 - 09:09 PM.

#19 Boss18

Boss18

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:13 PM

If you zoom in on it it says you PUMP the handle by moving it up and down and then it fires the balls.Gee that sounds kinda wrong ><
D0 U LiK3Z /\/\UDkIpZ? http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Burnboy85 <--- Clicky Cliky!

#20 ferret

ferret

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:33 PM

this gun is one ugly thing.

This is why buzz bee isn't as good as nerf at all. Who would want to buy a gun which nerf has made a better version of in the 90's (ballzooka).

#21 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 08:14 PM

this gun is one ugly thing.

This is why buzz bee isn't as good as nerf at all. Who would want to buy a gun which nerf has made a better version of in the 90's (ballzooka).

Umm... maybe because it was made in the 90's?

Back on topic, they had these at a KB Toys that was going out of business around here a little while ago. If anyone's really interested, that might be a good place to look (assuming they all haven't gone out of business).
Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

#22 unitcmn

unitcmn

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:27 PM

what the fuge

#23 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:54 AM

If my guesses are right, and they usually are, this gun is a pump that pulls a firing pin, like a titan, except looks worse, way worse. And it will get CRAPTASTIC ranges, but modded, should easily punch thru cardboard with a Micro stefan at 15', from the looks of it.
American society: A legitimate clusterfuck since 1965.

#24 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 01:06 AM

considering Buzz bee's knack for using the Airtank setup that seems to work well for them. I'd assume the internals are just A BBBB setup in a way to shoot balls instead of rockets.

Tho the casing looks to have some integration potential. To me it looks like a cars transmission.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#25 CapnTac

CapnTac

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:46 AM

I think that it has some potential, especially on an indoor war. For some reason, it looks like it was made in the 70's. I'm not sure why, I guess just because of the color choice.
QUOTE(NerfRogue83 @ Apr 1 2009, 05:58 PM) View Post

You really need to pick what suites you best, and check your spelling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users