Sjno

the offical san jose nerf off

40 replies to this topic

#26 nerfman600

nerfman600

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:38 PM

Yeah, i gotta say that was a kick ass nerf war. It was so fun to finally meet other nerfers.
Signatures, phigmatures, who uses those anymore. Oh me.

#27 kdizzle1533

kdizzle1533

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:36 AM

no need for a whole new thread for reactions, just post here what you liked what you didn't and how you think it could have been improved.

the good:
-having a good amount of people show up
-the rain held off
-shooting almost an entire team on my own within about a min
-getting to meet haven mambers for the 1st (and 2nd time)
-getting in a lot of games
-not loseing a ton of darts
-having a ton of fun in general
-having 5 girls there to kick ass
-the duct tape to distinguish teams worked like a charm

the bad:
-long intro to house rules
-it was super cold
-no bathrooms

all in all it was sweet! We were thinging about having another one at around the end of feb. Does that sound alright to anyone else? Next time for sure we are going to bring a table to set guns, darts and other things on instead of jsut throwing them on the ground. We are also going to park our cars at different angles along the back parking lot and cover them with huge blankets so there is something to hide behind and give the parking lot a little boost. If its cold we were also thinking it would be a good idea to bring a big pump thermos thing of hot coco.

Anyways, just some thoughts. Hope to see you all soon!

Edited by kdizzle1533, 15 December 2008 - 02:58 PM.

...yea girls nerf too...

#28 Radio

Radio

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:56 PM

This war kicked ass.

Thanks to the hosts for bringing the colored duct tape it worked amazingly even under the bizarre yellow lights. I'd love to push for an earlier war, (with breaks for food and stuff) so that it lasts longer! Everyone was wiped by 11:20 haha. Also maybe a couple short games to compliment those legit long ones? I was STUNNED how many darts came back to me.

San Jose Nerf / Team Supernova; get online! we need more normal people Nerfers.

MVP weapon of the night was DEFINATELY the LS/DTB combo. Redmark kicked some ass with that magstrike too though.

Overall way to fucking host.
-Parker (Radio)
-Fernando (BlueDuck)
November 28, 2008 1:02 Mod/Paintjob thread:
Timmytown: Thank you for taking care of that idiot VACC, fine fine work. (no pic)
VACC: Are you fucking retarded? Goodbye.

How's that for funny Timmytown?
It's like VACC was up early wishing me a happy birthday!

#29 kdizzle1533

kdizzle1533

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:57 PM

This war kicked ass.

Thanks to the hosts for bringing the colored duct tape it worked amazingly even under the bizarre yellow lights. I'd love to push for an earlier war, (with breaks for food and stuff) so that it lasts longer! Everyone was wiped by 11:20 haha. Also maybe a couple short games to compliment those legit long ones? I was STUNNED how many darts came back to me.

San Jose Nerf / Team Supernova; get online! we need more normal people Nerfers.

MVP weapon of the night was DEFINATELY the LS/DTB combo. Redmark kicked some ass with that magstrike too though.

Overall way to fucking host.
-Parker (Radio)
-Fernando (BlueDuck)

I was also suprised at how fast time went by. It was 11:00 before I even knew it. Anearlier start would be nice we just have to be concious that it is a public shopping center and we usully start late so the shops are closed and there are little people around. Durring our war though there was an unsusal amount of non nerfers becasue Burrito Azteca was having some sort of party. Next time though I'm sure if we got together at 6:30 and started around 7 it would be fine. I wouldn't be against a pizza run ethire. I was starving after we all left! thanks for coming!
...yea girls nerf too...

#30 nerfman600

nerfman600

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:07 AM

Having another nerf war earlier in Jan. would be better!!!!!!!!!!! Or Feb. whatever works. Can't wait for the next war. See YA! ;)

#31 Radio

Radio

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:36 AM

Maybe we could avoid problems with open stores by doing a war on Sunday, earlier close times.
-Parker
Timmytown: Thank you for taking care of that idiot VACC, fine fine work. (no pic)

#32 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:42 AM

After being invited to this one I was pumped, but the night war just made it harder on me. If you can somehow have one at an earlier time (still a weekend) I'd be all over this.

Looks like you guys had fun though. There seems to be an awful lot of windows there, I'd be afraid of shooting through one.

trans as shit because fuck you

#33 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:26 PM

After being invited to this one I was pumped, but the night war just made it harder on me. If you can somehow have one at an earlier time (still a weekend) I'd be all over this.

Looks like you guys had fun though. There seems to be an awful lot of windows there, I'd be afraid of shooting through one.

If that's the case, you should probably tone down your primary a bit. Remember that store windows are tempered glass, and rather difficult to penetrate.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#34 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:00 AM

If that's the case, you should probably tone down your primary a bit. Remember that store windows are tempered glass, and rather difficult to penetrate.

In reality, I've never had the misfortune to shoot a window. I guess I'm just a bit paranoid about that. That, and it would ruin the fun for everybody else if some idiot thought it would be fun to shoot a plugged titan at the window.

In war related, please plan another!

trans as shit because fuck you

#35 kdizzle1533

kdizzle1533

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:30 PM

In reality, I've never had the misfortune to shoot a window. I guess I'm just a bit paranoid about that. That, and it would ruin the fun for everybody else if some idiot thought it would be fun to shoot a plugged titan at the window.

In war related, please plan another!
[/quote]

guns of that magnitude would be banned from play and I would suggest you not even bring it so some idoit dosen't shoot it and accidently hurt something or someone. Anyhoo we are going to plan another so be on the look out for another thread.
...yea girls nerf too...

#36 Redmark

Redmark

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:34 AM

This war was AWESOME!!! Now I will list my views of the pro and cons of this amazing event, starting with pros of course.

PROS.....
1) Lots of people. (always a good thing.)
2) Nobody got hurt severely.
3) Night time is a really cool time of the day to nerf.
4) Plenty of places to hide.
5) Got a Sharpshooter.
6) Games were awesome and well thought out.
7) Lots of laughing.
8) Seeing a BBBB with eyes!!!!!! ahahahahahahahahaha! :lol: (radio)
9) Host was awesome.

Cons.....

1) Going home. :(
2) No Bathrooms in the war area.(locked.)
3) Getting lost going home. ( I went up this really creepy hill.)

Edited by Redmark, 18 December 2008 - 09:35 PM.

Non-Expanding Recreational Foam

#37 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:21 AM

My list:

PROS.....
1) Actually hitting someone
2) Seeing how a war is actually run
3) Lighting was great
4) Lots of People
5) Got a Pump Action Shotgun with grrr on the stock
6) Sold My gigantic vulcan
7) My darts actually worked quite well
8) Shooting a pistol splat or whatever you want to call them.
9) Having a team

Cons.....

1) Trading? Very confusing
2) Wasn't very long, earlier start time next time?
4) Maybe a round with a time limit instead of a getting shot limit?

Edited by Blue, 01 January 2009 - 11:26 PM.

#38 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:39 PM

Sorry for the double post, but could we organize this war again for January?

#39 Radio

Radio

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:39 AM

Yeah i haven't heard much about the Fremont war, and it seems low attendance, also i know Team Supernova throws a killer party, judging by last war.

In any event If there is one, I will be attending with my roommate, and we'll bring our mutual friend.

Radio +2

#40 kdizzle1533

kdizzle1533

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:19 AM

We were thinking the next war would be around the middle to end of feb. Time for people to rework guns and save the date. Too many wars too close together will dilute their value. Trust me it will be woth the wait. Team supernova is making plans to ensure the nezt war will be OUTRAGEOUS!

As far as FMNO we will be attending, but if its just going to be us then I dont know if its going to happen. I suggest you guys come and see how haven wars are supposed to be (in the morning, in an open field) SJNO was really different from anything else here.
...yea girls nerf too...

#41 nerfman600

nerfman600

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:34 PM

I hope some of you people from sjno could come to fmno. I mean what's wrong with my war? Sure i don't have any pictures or anything, but we need more people to come so it will be a lot more fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users