Photo

Angel Breech Reciever Q

4 replies to this topic

#1 mocky

mocky

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:05 PM

I've been looking at the Angel breech and as every one as has noticed the clip is loaded with the breech is closed. FA24 quotes:

The magazine lips are not stretched over the 19/32" brass. In fact they are a bit looser.

But the diameter of 19/32 brass is 15.08mm, and the opening in the clip is 11.30mm so obviously clips are forced over into the breech. I've tried just forcing a 19/16 brass into and out of the clip and its actually doesn't take much force to get it in, however that being said the plastic does flex quiet a bit. So any one who's had the Angel breech mod done for a long period of time and uses it regularly (or excessively), tell me how the clip holds up ?

On top of that, is there any particular reason the 9/16 half pipe can't be trimmed back more? I assume function of it is to act as a receiver, and guide/load the dart into the tightening rings, so if slightly more of the half pipe is take off why won't the receiver be able to feed in the darts correctly?

I know that hereticorp says:

Make sure that the half pipe is really a half pipe or the darts won't feed correctly into the barrels. Don't cut too much off, and don't make it any more than a half pipe or the darts won't advance into the breech at all.

Why does it not feed correctly? Does the dart jack-knife when you tried to load it? Does it just fall out of the breech?

Before every one starts to flame me, Yes I have read as many Angel breech topics as I could conjure with the search function, but the questions I have stated are answered, but never with a well explained reason.

#2 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:08 PM

No, I've gone through well over 300 shots in mine and everything is holding up fine with both the breech and the clip. I'm seeing no problems that you should be concerned about in your questions.

EDIT: If the barrel was cut more then a half pipe, the darts wouldn't slide into it, because it wouldn't give them enough room. And if it was too thin. It wouldn't be strong enough to hold up in the breech, and wouldn't get the darts completely centered, causing jams and such.

Edited by ice, 02 November 2008 - 09:10 PM.

<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#3 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:11 PM

the 19/32" brass pipe is smaller in diameter than the original Long shot bolt.

The long shots clip lips do not stretch that much getting over the 19/32"

If the pipe is less than a half pipe then the longshots mag wont be able to feed a 1/2" dart through a smaller opening. Think about it.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#4 mocky

mocky

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:10 AM

Thanks, so stretching the lips on the mag doesn't damage to the clips on a long term. I under if you cut it too thin it'll be flimsy, and not enough of a arc to center the dart as it feeds through. But why can't it be slightly less than a half pipe? ( by 'less' half-pipe I don't mean a shorter length of half-pipe, I mean reduce the arc length of the cut out section)
I thought the breech works like this.
Closed 19/32
Insert clip
Draw back bolt, 19/32"+17/32"+1/2" brass draws back
Dart from clip pushes up against 9/16" receiver
Bolt forward, 1/2" pushes dart into 9/16" brass with tightening ring and 19/32" closes breech.

Besides that, I think all my questioned were thoroughly answered ty.

Edited by mocky, 03 November 2008 - 12:10 AM.

#5 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:35 PM

It can be slightly less. You don't have to get out calipers and cut out an exact half pipe. Just make sure it is either exactly a half pipe or a little less than a half pipe...like a 7/16 pipe.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users