After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:10 AM

Duffy, it's been a year and you still need to buy better screwdrivers. Those jeweler's screw drivers are going to give you carpal tunnel.
Get a nice set like this one.
Posted Image
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 autonerf

autonerf

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:28 AM

"That's awesome". I'll agree with that. I like the led and painting, and nice music in video 1.

#4 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:35 AM

Bravo! Nice videos man. Your choice of music can't be contended with either.

Makes me wish I had money to get one of these right now... Damn being a poor college student.
--Modify a blaster for a kid and he'll be entertained for a week. Teach him how to modify blasters and he'll become an engineer--
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!
--Silly emo kids, go draw yourself a picture--

#5 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:24 AM

That gun owned at HbH. Rambo got me at least three times with it, I noticed that it had very good accuracy. It hurt too. I loved the LED setup. Great job, and I use the same screwdrives as you. I should probably get some better ones, thanks Slug.

EDIT: That is the trippiest version of "ONE" that I have ever heard. Awesome though.

EDIT#2: Is the epoxy putty you are using for the reinforcements?

Edited by mystefansdontflystraight, 29 October 2008 - 07:43 AM.

QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#6 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:25 AM

EDIT: That is the trippiest version of "ONE" that I have ever heard. Awesome though.

That version if by Apocalyptica, they cover metal (I presume only Metalica?) with string instruments. Yes it is that Effeminate.
--Modify a blaster for a kid and he'll be entertained for a week. Teach him how to modify blasters and he'll become an engineer--
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!
--Silly emo kids, go draw yourself a picture--

#7 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:50 AM

You sure it's not Ed Alleyne-Johnson? It sounded to me like his style of electric violin, and he's done quite a few Metallica covers.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#8 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:20 AM

Holy shit! That's the first time I've seen Rambo hit anything in like 4 years! Congrats man!

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#9 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:07 PM

Damn angel.

I seriously need to make a Karen 2.0

Kudos.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#10 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:31 PM

Beautiful, and great work as always.
My next gun will definitely be from ERTL. Has anyone any news of future blasters from this company?

Was that a little teaser at the end, there? :D
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#11 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:46 PM

Wow... I'm quite impressed. You go all out for gifts, eh? Kinda puts to shame the customized NF I gave my niece yesterday!
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#12 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:08 PM

I love this. This is better than Doomsayer and Lancer in my opinion. It's just a basic gun, but you gave it the most hellish looking PJ I've ever seen. Can you make me one? :D
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#13 perezinthenet

perezinthenet

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:30 PM

That looks incredible, I may have to paint my pump shotgun, they look great painted. What spring(s) did you put in it?

#14 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:50 PM

Rambo deserves it.

Having only met him once (and having only been to one war), I can say Rambo is easily one of the coolest guys I've ever met. He's lax, easy going, and really easy to get along with. I still give him props for easing me into ECNO. Oh, and he bought me pizza. That was fuckin' awesome.

It's one of the cool things I love about Nerf. Yeah, there's the material stuff, but under it, is a lot of great people.

EDIT: Coolest Nerfers? Does that make it any more acceptable? Yes...I am a sad, lonely man.

Edited by Gears, 30 October 2008 - 05:45 PM.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#15 mind13

mind13

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:55 PM

Awesome! Just mind blowing.
Life comes at you fast yet a foam dart comes faster
Mind13

#16 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:28 PM

Angel I always love your mods, I really do. But I do not like this habit your getting into of making video mods. I think that a written picture riddled mod is much more effective and easier to follow. However, I am a very fast reader and through the 20 minutes it would take me to watch an entire video log I can read a whole mod in 10. Yes, I do realize it is much easier to produce a video and not go editing pictures and what not but a written deal is just so much simpler.

I hope you keep coming out with great work though, regardless of how you document your efforts.
QUOTE(rork @ Mar 16 2009, 05:30 PM) View Post

I, too "have recon," as they say. I get him in old country. Then I realize he sucks like bog. So I trade him for potato.

#17 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:30 PM

Videos are superior because you actually get to see the mod.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#18 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:45 PM

Ok. Now I'm getting a pump shotgun. So in order to do that led RAMBO in the gun, you engraved his name right?

#19 nerf mafia

nerf mafia

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:26 PM

If you pay better atention he put letter stickers over the clear material he put the leds in then painted over the area and removed the stickers> Nice mod angel this thing rocks by the looks of it.
THE OHIO PLAYDATE. WE PLAY WITH FORKS.

#20 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:31 PM

If you pay better atention he put letter stickers over the clear material he put the leds in then painted over the area and removed the stickers> Nice mod angel this thing rocks by the looks of it.

Thanks. I guess I just missed that part of it.

#21 boom

boom

• Banned
  • 209 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:33 PM

that thing is so cool i must own one
I'm just the scitzophrenic clusterfuck of randomness that is me.

#22 Guest_fadinglight4_*

Guest_fadinglight4_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:05 PM

Damn. I am really jealous of Rambo. The piece that said Rambo was awesome. Great job Angel.

#23 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:22 PM

Angel I always love your mods, I really do. But I do not like this habit your getting into of making video mods. I think that a written picture riddled mod is much more effective and easier to follow. However, I am a very fast reader and through the 20 minutes it would take me to watch an entire video log I can read a whole mod in 10. Yes, I do realize it is much easier to produce a video and not go editing pictures and what not but a written deal is just so much simpler.

I hope you keep coming out with great work though, regardless of how you document your efforts.

This mod has been done many times, written especially. I give Angel props for taking the time out of his schedule to make something of this quality in video form. Be glad he even made it. With his schedule, be happy he didn't just post it in the Mods/Paintjob thread. Have a little more appreciation.
I beat my wife."

#24 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:09 PM

This mod has been done many times, written especially. I give Angel props for taking the time out of his schedule to make something of this quality in video form. Be glad he even made it. With his schedule, be happy he didn't just post it in the Mods/Paintjob thread. Have a little more appreciation.

I was. I apreciate it a lot. I was just saying taking an all video route for mods is not the right way to go. Sorry for having an opinion. I realize that this was not an entirely new mod, but I was pointing out a pattern that seems to be immersing.

If angel didn't want our input, whether it be good or bad, he wouldn't post a thread. Now stop backseat modding and let others express their ideas.
QUOTE(rork @ Mar 16 2009, 05:30 PM) View Post

I, too "have recon," as they say. I get him in old country. Then I realize he sucks like bog. So I trade him for potato.

#25 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:50 PM

I was. I apreciate it a lot. I was just saying taking an all video route for mods is not the right way to go. Sorry for having an opinion. I realize that this was not an entirely new mod, but I was pointing out a pattern that seems to be immersing.

If angel didn't want our input, whether it be good or bad, he wouldn't post a thread. Now stop backseat modding and let others express their ideas.

And I was merely saying that since, as you said, this is not a fairly new nor RARE mod it wouldn't be so bad if every once in a while someone wanted to make a video about a mod instead of litter these forums with mods that have been done over and over and over again to the point that it clogs everything up.

1. Don't pull that bullshit "sorry for having an opinion". Join the fucking club.
2. Did you not see my post on the first page? I do believe I was complimenting him on what a great job he did.
3. What exactly does "backseat modding" imply that I do? I contribute my own original stuff as well as my own versions of pre-existing mods, so i believe i'm breaking that barrier.
I beat my wife."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users