My Dremel

it broke

5 replies to this topic

#1 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:43 PM

Ok, so as we were carving pumpkins, my dremel started to make weird sounds and the bit wasn't moving.It has broken. Since it was my dad who decided to put it up to highest speed possible and put tons of pressure on it, he gets to buy me a new one.. I was wondering if there was one in specific that you guys think I should get. Is if it is cordless, it needs to have power and long battery life.

#2 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:55 PM

Ok, so as we were carving pumpkins, my dremel started to make weird sounds and the bit wasn't moving.It has broken. Since it was my dad who decided to put it up to highest speed possible and put tons of pressure on it, he gets to buy me a new one.. I was wondering if there was one in specific that you guys think I should get. Is if it is cordless, it needs to have power and long battery life.

Power is contradictory to a Dremel bud, at least in the sense that you mean. Dremels are supposed to use the speed (provided by current), where as drills utilize the torque (provided by voltage, and current times voltage = power, but by power you mean strength which would mean torque). We've had a topic about good Dremels to get. Look it up. And look up topics before you start them next time. Thanks.
Teehee.

#3 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:09 AM

I believe he is referring to the speed levels, thus foolishly calling them power levels. Similar, but not the same. It was just ignorance, there's nothing wrong about the lack of knowledge.

Have you tried to deduce what has gone wrong with it? Or have you just given up on it? Currently the chuck on my dremel is jammed, however I plan on figuring out how it happened, when I'm home. Perhaps you could just open it up, maybe find out what broke in it. Maybe even fix it.

After all, isn't that what this hobby is all about?
--Modify a blaster for a kid and he'll be entertained for a week. Teach him how to modify blasters and he'll become an engineer--
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!
--Silly emo kids, go draw yourself a picture--

#4 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 08:20 AM

It was just ignorance, there's nothing wrong about the lack of knowledge.

Ignorance is the seed of ALL the problems in the world.
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#5 boom

boom

• Banned
  • 209 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:53 PM

I wonder why this topic hasn't been closed it has 0 puprpose whatsoever.
I'm just the scitzophrenic clusterfuck of randomness that is me.

#6 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:07 PM

Neither was that post. If you think the topic is useless, just don't post and let it die.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users