Photo

Your Oprv And You

8 replies to this topic

#1 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:06 PM

I am guessing the last one is mine....Was it really that bad?

#2 Guest_fadinglight4_*

Guest_fadinglight4_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:37 PM

I remember during the summer I was about to go have a war with my pump plugged BBBB and right before I left I tried a test shot and the trigger just snapped so I had to open up the BBBB, take out the broken trigger, open up my leaking tanked big blast, take that good trigger out and put it in my good BBBB.This was such a hassle. Since then I have never plugged a pump on a big blast.

#3 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:56 PM

I feel so bad about that pump.....I am unplugging my other bbbb ASAP.

#4 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:26 PM

Nice JSB, I really like the "health video" feel. So I'm gussing the OP valve works on the BBBB by that spring being pushed back when the pressure is enough to compress the spring. Then it closes again when the pressure is weak enough to not be able to keep the spring compressed. Hmm, so maybe by replacing that spring, one could essentially allow the gun to work at higher pressures, but still leak air when it is pumped enough to blow the tank. The real trouble would be doing the math to find out exactly how strong a spring you would need in order for it to leak air at a specific PSI.

#5 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:51 PM

Very cool. Perhaps one could simply cut off the end of the pump, tighten the screw, and glue it back precisely. I'm pretty sure the Mega Missile has an identical OPRV.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#6 Aimless

Aimless

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:19 PM

Very cool. Perhaps one could simply cut off the end of the pump, tighten the screw, and glue it back precisely. I'm pretty sure the Mega Missile has an identical OPRV.

The Mega Missile does in fact have an identical OPRV right down to the screw, tightening it all the way brings the relief pressure up to around 26 pumps, 8 more than at the stock setting.

Edit: If you are keeping the stock trigger setup, the excessive flexing of the trigger will bend the firing pin out of shape and possibly crack the rear of the chamber.

Edit2: Now with pics!
Posted Image
The screw of awesome. Turn clockwise for MAX POWA!

Posted Image
Bent pin and crack in rear of tank, caused by the flexing of the trigger.

Edited by Aimless, 27 October 2008 - 09:49 PM.

It makes the world go round.

#7 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:48 PM

Maybe someone can to make a bbbb operate with a trigger based on the spy gear gun's trigger? I don't know, but JSB -if I were you, I would try. Oh, and it HAS to fit inside the bbbb shell. C'mon, I double dog dare ya.

Edited by nerfer9, 27 October 2008 - 11:50 PM.

#8 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:20 AM

Aimless:

How far did you tighten the screw?

Also:
-Did you tighten it all the way down?
-How much is "all the way"? That is, does it take a few turns to tighten it as much as possible, or less than a full turn?

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#9 Aimless

Aimless

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:25 PM

Aimless:

How far did you tighten the screw?

Also:
-Did you tighten it all the way down?
-How much is "all the way"? That is, does it take a few turns to tighten it as much as possible, or less than a full turn?

I don't remember the exact amount of turns, 2-3 maybe, but I tightened it as far as it will go without forcing it, it actually doesn't take much force to turn the screw.
It makes the world go round.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users