Ebay Maverick

your thoughts

20 replies to this topic

#1 autonerf

autonerf

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:07 PM

Hey everyone, I would like to hear from people who have purchased from or know about Naija Blue Weapons Systems and what was your experience.

Back in July, I was searching for gun mods on Ebay when I found these awesome guns. The store was called Naija Blue Weapons Systems, and I bought one of the maverick mods. I have now waited 14 weeks for the gun. Since then the store has closed down. The seller keeps telling me he is in financial crisis, and it was ebay that caused the trouble. He keeps saying the gun is on the way however.

I really want to hear from anyone who owns one of the NBWS maverick mods, and whether they can actually shoot 50 ft. as advertised. Should I keep waiting for the gun or get my money back?

edit: Michael took care of it. He was just really busy because there was a huge demand for his guns at the time of my purchase. I got refunded and everything's good now. He even gave me this Alien's style LS scope.

Posted Image

Michael tells me that he and his new mod crew are planning some really great stuff this month. We're going to get to see some Resident Evil styled Nerf guns and videos soon.

Edited by autonerf, 16 January 2009 - 03:11 AM.

#2 Zack Koukios

Zack Koukios

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:17 PM

It really sounds like you are getting scammed to me. I believe it is now impossible to file a report with Ebay to get your money back as it is past 30 days. Paypal may still refund it though.

Edited by Zack Koukios, 25 October 2008 - 11:29 PM.

#3 Guest_fadinglight4_*

Guest_fadinglight4_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:43 AM

Dude if you can just get your refund it is total bullshit that he has sent it. That sounds like a lie to me. If you want to try to wait longer whatever, but I think that right now is one of the last chances to get your money back.

#4 Kalex

Kalex

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:41 AM

Yeah, this sounds a lot like a standard scam. Make a really good gun, claim you have multiples, sell them to more than one person, and than claim financial difficulties. You have money, and the gun. Extremely sorry for your loss, and better luck in the future. Hopefully you can get a refund from paypal.

Edited by Kalex, 26 October 2008 - 08:44 AM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 3 2008, 07:51 AM) View Post

Remember kids, only you can prevent herpes! Or was it something else? Dirty fucking bear.

VACC

#5 AJZ

AJZ

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:23 PM

Look at his feedback. Many others have the same problem

#6 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:45 PM

I basically had to make it bold and clear that my lancer was not a real firearm.

How could he have been having problems when I was able to sell that thing?

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 26 October 2008 - 02:46 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#7 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 03:24 PM

I cannot find it. Can someone provide a link?
Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#8 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 03:42 PM

Looks like he had Ebay probs from what the website says.
If you paid thru Paypal you should file a dispute NOW. You are limited on how long you can dispute.
And once and if you get your money back go mod your own guns. It can't be that hard to paint a gun flat black.

I basically had to make it bold and clear that my lancer was not a real firearm.

How could he have been having problems when I was able to sell that thing?

Didn't the original posting of the lancer get shot down by ebay because they thought it was a "firearm" or some dumb shit?

Edited by Blacksunshine, 26 October 2008 - 03:44 PM.

Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#9 autonerf

autonerf

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:00 AM

Thanks everyone. Paypal is reviewing my dispute and my refund has been issued. Naija Blue says his life has fallen apart and he is going through some hard times. I don't believe he is a fraud. He travels a lot working in LA on films and props. I don't know all the details, but a lot of his ebay problems were from selling to other countries that have custom laws on weapons.

Whether his stock barrel maverick guns are internally modified to shoot over 50 ft , I'll never know. Hopefully someone on this site has one and can do a range test.

#10 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:22 PM

Dude, it's Starbuck's modding service all over again. That was an awesome goose chase.

Edited by Foamfoot, 29 October 2008 - 07:23 PM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#11 Jimmeeee

Jimmeeee

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:38 AM

Hey everyone, I would like to hear from people who have purchased from or know about Naija Blue Weapons Systems and what was your experience.

Back in July, I was searching for gun mods on Ebay when I found these awesome guns. The store was called Naija Blue Weapons Systems, and I bought one of the maverick mods. I have now waited 14 weeks for the gun. Since then the store has closed down. The seller keeps telling me he is in financial crisis, and it was ebay that caused the trouble. He keeps saying the gun is on the way however.

I really want to hear from anyone who owns one of the NBWS maverick mods, and whether they can actually shoot 50 ft. as advertised. Should I keep waiting for the gun or get my money back?

I bought something on ebay from him a few months ago. He hadn't sent it after two months, I filed a dispute, I got a refund. Apparently this scenario has repeated itself many times over with different buyers.

#12 Naija Blue

Naija Blue

• Banned
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 02:50 PM

wow, its good to see I'm a topic here. Sorry to see the reason though. OK Autonerf, you received your refund and you told me you and I were cool, and then you go and flame me here. Not cool. I'm not running any scam. If you saw my workshop you would know that for a fact. As for my financial trouble. I really wish that was fiction. At least then I wouldn't of had to deal with this snowballing horrific situation. Now I try my best to run a decent prop/nerf business. My claimed ranges are true. Luke just got a beat piece. He is the first and only person out of hundreds who have ever had that issue. As for my feedback. Thats because of two different issues. The one you can read about on my website Naijablue.com, and the other happened back in early may. I was doing a few custom pieces for a production company in London. It was a motorized mini gun, and a few pistols. I was told I had 2 months to complete the builds. 2 weeks in they call and say they need them a month early. At this point I had 2 out of the 4 pistols complete and the mini gun parts were coming in from various sources. So I was left with 2 options. 1 refund the company. The order was over $1,200 US and I had invested over $700 of it into parts. Option 2. Rush and try to meet the new deadline. I decided to go with 2. Which turned out to be a mistake. I was using a straight edge to cut part of the mini gun frame and I went over my middle finger, my index finger and my thumb on my left hand. I needed stitches on the middle and index. Not fun :lol: It left me out of commission for almost 2 months, and I had over a dozen ebay orders pending completion. So I explained the situation to my buyers, Some of them were more then understanding, some thought I was making up jiberish, and wanted a refund. From that situation is where I ended up with most of my negative feedback. I think the worst I ever had was a total of 8, and all of the buyers were refunded. I never once made off with a clients money. As for my most recent situation. I'm done with selling on ebay. Due to the suspension I was unable to honer a lot of my transactions and had to refund over a dozen people through paypal. That was because ebay was kind enough to send most of my buyers a letter saying that I was suspended and if they hadn't paid for the items then do not do so. Which sent them all into a panic. Which as an ebay buyer as well as a seller I can understand. I have been screwed more times then I would like to remember, and once the 45 days passes on paypal they kind of just say Oh well. Which is very unfair. So its not anything I would ever intentionally do to anyone else. So I'm done selling on ebay all together, and will be selling from my websites from here on out. Although my partner will be trying his hand at ebay against my advise. I'm glad to say I'm almost out of the woods with my financial issues, and will be coming out strong once I get the new shop in LA all set up, and as I said I have a partner now. So my workload is a lot lighter and moves way faster thanks to him. Not to mention its given me the times and the means to branch out from not just prop & nerf guns to wardrobe, custom tactical wear, latex clothing, set design, auto customizing, and we are working on a live action manga project. You will be able to check all of that out at Naijablue.com. I won't be posting any new items for sale until after the new year or until I get the shop set up. Whats listed is what I have in stock. As for you Luke. I'm a little bummed that you posted this, but I understand your reasons, and it won't change what I told you the last time we spoke. I'm going to do my best to prove myself to everyone here at nerfhaven. I'm not a thief. I just had bad luck. If you feel compelled you can check me out at Naijablue.com or Myspace.com/naijablue

-Nai-

#13 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:05 PM

Wait hold on. You refunded him his money BEFORE he posted this topic on OCT 25?
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#14 Naija Blue

Naija Blue

• Banned
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:40 PM

Wait hold on. You refunded him his money BEFORE he posted this topic on OCT 25?

Yes, but theres a little detail we both forgot to mention. He bought one of my aliens USCM mavericks off of ebay,he was unhappy with the range. Which he was right. It was a beat gun. So I told him to send it back and I would fix it up for him, and during that time is when all of my ebay drama went down. During which he purchased one of my sandtrooper mavericks from my site. The complaint he filed and mentioned here was for that one, and that was the one that was refunded. His aliens maverick is in my shop. Its boxed with a mag he sent me to paint for him. Its all done and is going out when I get home either tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm in flagstaff at the moment. As written in a previous post,I do travel a lot. Either way Lukes a cool kid, hes stood by me through this mess I'm in, and I'm not gonna leave him hanging.

-NAI-

Also his excuse, given on his site, for wanting to sell away from eBay:

I have had such hassles dealing with weapons policies on ebay. I don’t really see how a nerf gun can violate policies set up for actual firearms, but they have been giving me problems for a while now

...that just doesn't sit well with me. Plenty of people are having no such problem selling blasters and mods. He might be stupidly refusing to put orange tips on just for photographs, but that's still his own fault.

Well I didn't just sell nerf guns. I sold various prop weapons. nerf was just a small part of it.The other props are what more or less did me in on ebay. As far as me refusing to put orange tips on my pieces. I'm guessing you never actually looked at one of my listings. It said it right up top in the ebay disclaimer that all guns are shipped with blaze orange tape around the tips. I found out from an ebay rep after I received the weapons policy violations that in at least one photo the gun had to have the orange tip. Which of course mine didn't. That part of it was my fault. Live and learn I suppose.

#15 autonerf

autonerf

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:16 PM

I just want to get the facts straight here.

Naija Blue, this topic was posted before I asked you for that refund. The refund was issued on Oct. 30th.
I did not tell the whole story of everything that happened between us because I knew you might read this, and then decide not to send back the first gun I bought.

Yes, I bought two Mavericks from you and this is why. The first gun was sent quickly, but I soon found out that something was up with it. The listing said it was modified to shoot 50 ft, but the gun could only shoot around 20ft. Michael, you said that there had been a mistake because the gun was supposed to be for a photo shoot and so it was not modified. The photographer was sent my gun by mistake because of a mix-up in the orders. It was believable enough, so I returned the maverick to you back in July for a replacement.

Well, I got antsy waiting and when I learned of your website, I bought another maverick from you thinking that it would be ready to go and you would send it fast like the first time. But after weeks had passed, I had to make a decision about a refund because time was running out. So I posted for advice.

I'm sorry this has received such negative attention. I was only trying to find out if anyone else had one of your Mavericks to see if they were the real thing. I would like to believe you are truthful in that you are very busy and have many orders to manage. With that said, I am still waiting today for my Maverick replacement to arrive. I would love to see that it does work and that it does have the range you say.

My intent was not to flame you, but to have an open discussion with others who have bought your guns, and hopefully your mavericks. I had to know what I was buying. I hope you will still come through so I can show everyone you are right about what you have said.

Edited by autonerf, 10 November 2008 - 01:36 AM.

#16 Zack Koukios

Zack Koukios

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:23 PM

I'm not going to lie. Naija Blue your stuff really isn't my thing but i can see they can be for many people. And i will admit you have some really sick paint jobs. Props to you and good luck with your business.

#17 Naija Blue

Naija Blue

• Banned
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 03:25 PM

I'm not going to lie. Naija Blue your stuff really isn't my thing but i can see they can be for many people. And i will admit you have some really sick paint jobs. Props to you and good luck with your business.

Thanks man, that means a lot to me. Take care.

-NAI-

I just want to get the facts straight here.

Naija Blue, this topic was posted before I asked you for that refund. The refund was issued on Oct. 30th.
I did not tell the whole story of everything that happened between us because I knew you might read this, and then decide not to send back the first gun I bought.

Yes, I bought two Mavericks from you and this is why. The first gun was sent quickly, but I soon found out that something was up with it. The listing said it was modified to shoot 50 ft, but the gun could only shoot around 20ft. Michael, you said that there had been a mistake because the gun was supposed to be for a photo shoot and so it was not modified. The photographer was sent my gun by mistake because of a mix-up in the orders. It was believable enough, so I returned the maverick to you back in July for a replacement.

Well, I got antsy waiting and when I learned of your website, I bought another maverick from you thinking that it would be ready to go and you would send it fast like the first time. But after weeks had passed, I had to make a decision about a refund because time was running out. So I posted for advice.

I'm sorry this has received such negative attention. I was only trying to find out if anyone else had one of your Mavericks to see if they were the real thing. I would like to believe you are truthful in that you are very busy and have many orders to manage. With that said, I am still waiting today for my Maverick replacement to arrive. I would love to see that it does work and that it does have the range you say.

My intent was not to flame you, but to have an open discussion with others who have bought your guns, and hopefully your mavericks. I had to know what I was buying. I hope you will still come through so I can show everyone you are right about what you have said.

Luke,

No worries man. You were 100% in the right to make this post. I am in no way mad at you, and as I said earlier I have every intention of keeping my word to you.

The only part that upsets me about the entire thing is how much people dwell on the negative. But with so many transactions going south now adays on ebay they have every right to be. I think 1 out of every 10 transactions has some sort of issue. Thats why ebay is changing so many rules. To make it safer for the ebay community. Sorry to say these new rules are forcing out a lot of the smaller sellers. Pretty soon your gonna be left with a handful of power sellers and thats it. Its really sad. One of the reasons I never stood a chance with ebay was that I don't chase people for positive feedback. Under the new policies I am supposed to send reminders and ask for it. Which just seemed wrong to me. I've always seen feedback as a privilege, not a right. I loved logging in and seeing peoples honest opinions about my work. What good would it really be if it was some forced generic "Good job" or "nice seller". I just never saw the point. This of course messed up my DSR score. Which I didn't know played such a huge roll in everything.

Anyway, no worries Luke.

-NAI-

#18 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:18 PM

The only part that upsets me about the entire thing is how much people dwell on the negative.

That would be because the mean age of the population here is 14 years. Adolescents have no concept of how a real world business runs. I hope business picks up for you, and that this little bump in your road doesn't cause you lasting problems. Hopefully, you can become a productive member of this community. :o

-Drac
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#19 Naija Blue

Naija Blue

• Banned
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:13 PM

The only part that upsets me about the entire thing is how much people dwell on the negative.

That would be because the mean age of the population here is 14 years. Adolescents have no concept of how a real world business runs. I hope business picks up for you, and that this little bump in your road doesn't cause you lasting problems. Hopefully, you can become a productive member of this community. :)

-Drac

Thank you for that. Its good to hear that theres still some people out there that won't just cross you off , and I'm looking forward to becoming a very active member. I'm going to be coming out with a bunch of new designs that my partner and I have dreamed up. We are even going to be shooting a RE nerf video sequence which is going to be based around the HUNK cut scene from RE 2. The only difference is that is going to be shot with 1st person and 3rd person views. Thanks again! and take care.

-NAI-

#20 autonerf

autonerf

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:10 PM

Luke,

No worries man. You were 100% in the right to make this post. I am in no way mad at you, and as I said earlier I have every intention of keeping my word to you.

The only part that upsets me about the entire thing is how much people dwell on the negative. But with so many transactions going south now adays on ebay they have every right to be. I think 1 out of every 10 transactions has some sort of issue. Thats why ebay is changing so many rules. To make it safer for the ebay community. Sorry to say these new rules are forcing out a lot of the smaller sellers. Pretty soon your gonna be left with a handful of power sellers and thats it. Its really sad. One of the reasons I never stood a chance with ebay was that I don't chase people for positive feedback. Under the new policies I am supposed to send reminders and ask for it. Which just seemed wrong to me. I've always seen feedback as a privilege, not a right. I loved logging in and seeing peoples honest opinions about my work. What good would it really be if it was some forced generic "Good job" or "nice seller". I just never saw the point. This of course messed up my DSR score. Which I didn't know played such a huge roll in everything.

Anyway, no worries Luke.

-NAI-

edit: Everything's cool now. I got refunded on both guns, and Michael took care of it. He even gave me this cool Aliens style Long Shot scope.

Posted Image

It turns out I had decided to buy my guns when he was just starting out on his new website, and at that time he was doing all the work on his own. So that's why it was taking a while. But now he has teamed up with a crew of designers and mod masters. From what he's told me, we're all going to be amazed very soon.

PINEY EDIT: Fixed quote tags for you.

Edited by autonerf, 16 January 2009 - 02:58 AM.

#21 bigred1rifleman

bigred1rifleman

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:11 PM

Well, Christ, Naija Blue just got screwed, if he doesn't trade that gun I think he shouldn't be aloud on the trading thread. I almost bought a gun from him and now I'm glad I didn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users