C.q.b.

Weapons of Choice

33 replies to this topic

#1 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:29 AM

After seeing the recent thread about indoor wars, and the fact that I'm building one of these myself, I thought I'd start a thread for pictures and/or descriptions of your C.Q.B. weapons. Although I'd ideally like to see only pictues in this, but I know some people don't have cameras, so descriptions are fine also. And I don't really mind discussion in the thread, but don't let it get to the point where there are entire side conversations going on.

Anywho, I'd normally start this off with a picture, but since my own gun isn't quite finished yet, I'll go with a little summary. (Don't worry, I'll get one up eventually)

Primary: Maverick (We have a VERY small area, haha)
Mods: Attached DoubleShot stock, non-zooming sight (It just looks badass), and a stub silencer.
Range: Maybe 20 or 30 feet I'd say.

Secondary: Nitefinder
Mods: Added a stronger spring, brassed, weighted the handle and front for better balance.
Range: 50-60 feet (A little sad that my secondary outshoots my primary)

EDIT: Thanks Inventor Guy, it needed to be changed to C.Q.B.

Edited by CROW, 23 October 2008 - 05:51 PM.

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#2 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:31 AM

While I may be wrong, I do believe you are refering to CQB, Close Quarters Battle, which is close proximity gun-fighting.
CQC is generally used when soldiers are interracting in hand-to-hand combat, as seen in the Metal Gear Solid series of games. :)

When we have close range battles, I usually use a mildly modified Hornet (no A/M barrels) as my primary, and Nite Finder as my secondary.
However, with my close friends, we allow CQC rules, so if we know what we're doing we can perform safe take-downs. These wars are usually in the dark or whatever so we can sneak up.
But in this instance, I use my custom "Special Ops" modified Nite Finder, Foam knife and a DTG strapped across my back. Or a Titan, silenced and used for long-range, but my NF holds it's own.

-Tidge.

Edited by The Inventor Guy, 23 October 2008 - 06:31 AM.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

#3 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:46 AM

Posted Image

What?

#4 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:15 AM

We play with stock darts to prevent welts from happening no matter what nerf guns we use, aside from singled titans and plugged BBBBs. Nevertheless, I have to be... conservative when pumping my air guns.
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

#5 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:55 AM

I use my plugged pump CPVC turreted SM1.5k. Sometimes I only pump it two times when I get close.

In all seriousness, I use my CPVC turreted Speedloader or my Singled Maverick.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#6 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:33 PM

Vulcan!!
Side arm is my Double NF.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#7 smeagolsaur

smeagolsaur

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:39 PM

Posted Image

What?

Can you put paintball marker grips on that? Because that would be very cool.

http://images.action...244,300&cvt=jpg

#8 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:31 PM

Why would you want to tarnish the good name of +Bow with that sort of material that is in fact the scourge to Nerfers everywhere? The reason why we Nerf is so we don't do paintball.

By the way, I used my supped up Recon.
Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

#9 smeagolsaur

smeagolsaur

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:42 PM

Why would you want to tarnish the good name of +Bow with that sort of material that is in fact the scourge to Nerfers everywhere? The reason why we Nerf is so we don't do paintball.

I play paintball and own nerf guns. It can be done.

Now you've made yourself look silly.

For close quarters, I love using sawed-off doubleshots, the shells are just too much fun.

Edited by smeagolsaur, 23 October 2008 - 03:45 PM.

#10 BustaDartInYOurAss

BustaDartInYOurAss

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:34 PM

I normally use a magstrike for close quaters, due to there rate of fire and swappable clip. Indoors a magstrike that goes 40-50 feet is not that bad.

#11 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:04 PM

I play paintball and own nerf guns. It can be done.

Now you've made yourself look silly.

For close quarters, I love using sawed-off doubleshots, the shells are just too much fun.

Completely understandable, though I was merely stating an ironic point that many paintballers think that of nerf guns, not the other way around. Personally, I find both rather amusing.

On the note of the Doubleshot, I agree, though in close quarters it may not be fully practical due to its lengthy re-loading time. But really, who wouldn't want to use a sawed off shotgun?
Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

#12 Guest_fadinglight4_*

Guest_fadinglight4_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:16 PM

For indoor wars my primary would be my Airtech 3000 just because mine isn't that bad. I don't know how it hits like 30-40. But my secondary would be my hornet which hits 70 with screamers.

#13 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:22 PM

At indoor Pittsburgh wars, I've seen:

Stock Mavs
Stock Firefly
Magstrikes
RF20s
Wildfire
Many NFs (dual wield for twice the awesomeness!)
PS-800
Quadded 2000s/1500s
Singled LBB
Singled Titan

(Yeah, we're "hardcore.")

But, personally: At3k + Warthog

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#14 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:56 PM

You're using a +bow for indoor? Damn, you either got a big-ass places to play CQB, or you've got guys playing who like the feel of welts. And DoubleShots? I honestly don't think its possible not to feel like a BAMF carrying a couple of those. Yeah, I suppose the feeling goes away a bit when you get nailed during a reload, but oh well, its worth it.
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#15 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:12 PM

For now I use 2 Heavily modded Lanyard Mavs:
Posted Image

But soon...
Posted Image

Probably dead by now, or something.

#16 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:23 PM

Posted Image
This. It looks much better in person, the blue blends in better.

Edited by P.C. III, 23 October 2008 - 07:24 PM.

QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#17 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:25 PM

But soon...
::Picture of giant vulcan box wider than a person::

^^^Easiest gun hits of all time anyone?

Does anyone seriously even play close quarters only? I'm pretty sure that we as a community nerf almost exclusively outdoors.

Edited by Splitlip, 23 October 2008 - 07:30 PM.

Teehee.

#18 smeagolsaur

smeagolsaur

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:53 PM

And DoubleShots? I honestly don't think its possible not to feel like a BAMF carrying a couple of those. Yeah, I suppose the feeling goes away a bit when you get nailed during a reload, but oh well, its worth it.

Posted Image

That's when multiple shotguns come in handy :P

I'm pretty sure that we as a community nerf almost exclusively outdoors.

I think it's more fun to shoot indoors... NERF is the only game that allows indoor use without destroying stuff (as would happen with shooting paintball guns or airsoft inside).

#19 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:05 PM

God damn, that tiny one is just adorable. On topic, the only time I Nerf indoors is when I babysit the kid across the street. He invites friends, all ages 7-8, and we have a grand old time. I use the Vulcan or a few mavericks. I also dabble in stock big blasts, because it's extremely satisfying to hit a younger person in the chest with a missile.

Edited by CaliforniaPants, 23 October 2008 - 09:10 PM.

trans as shit because fuck you

#20 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:11 PM

For some reason, I actually really like that tiny Doubleshot... I might have to make one myself.

#21 smeagolsaur

smeagolsaur

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:17 PM

God damn, that tiny one is just adorable.

For some reason, I actually really like that tiny Doubleshot... I might have to make one myself.

I call it the Lady Shotgun :P

#22 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:23 PM

But soon...

Does anyone seriously even play close quarters only? I'm pretty sure that we as a community nerf almost exclusively outdoors.

Me.

Depending on my needs I use one of the following two combinations:

1. A vulcan as a primary with a recon for a sidearm.
or
2. A longshot as a primary with a maverick for a sidearm.

Regardless of which set I use, I always carry four longshot/recon clips in my vest. I tend to use the first combination when mobility isn't a huge issue or when I need raw firepower. The second combination is more useful for light skirmishes or when I need to be able to haul ass or maneuver relatively unencumbered.

Edit: Once they reach my area, I intend to add a scatterblast to my arsenal.

Edited by Oni Kadaki, 23 October 2008 - 09:24 PM.

#23 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:44 PM

I use a long range pistol for "losing"(<-- AH! The S word!) people, and my LiLs (lil-ls) for closer in, but becuase I play in my house, and I have a HUGE stash of guns in my room...
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#24 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:46 PM

But soon...

That's mainly a project just for the hell of it. That box can hold a 75-100 round belt. But it's also interchangible with a standard box, and I've overhauled it to get a reliable 40' range with my stefans.

The box is definitely not as big as it looks. It'll be heavy, but that's what the shoulder strap is for. :P

And gun hits on a vulcan? Sounds like you don't play indoor wars often. When you're filling a room with 25 (or in this case, 100) darts, people are running from you, not shooting at you. ROF is king in indoor wars. At the last indoor war we had, a stock vulcan was a thing to be feared. :lol:

Lots of people nerf indoors. I nerf indoors as much as I do outdoors.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#25 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:03 PM

I usually start out with an RF20 in one hand and an AT3k in the other. I drop the RF20 once it's out of darts and use my AT3k for the rest of the round. The ranges on an AT3k are waaaay overkill for indoor wars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users