Quick Eagle Eye Plunger Head Replacement

By Splitlip

1 reply to this topic

#1 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:12 PM

Not really much to say about this one. Plunger head replacement for the Eagle Eye. It's a 7/8" od rubber washer from home depot. You could use smaller, but this one works spectacularly. The center hole is just a hair too big and it will fall off of the spot where it goes, so just center it and add a bit of superglue. Add silicone spray lube liberally, and force the plunger down in there. I recommend keeping the front tip there as it softens the impact of the plunger into the plunger tube.

Posted Image
Posted Image

The seal is tight enough that you can stop the plunger by putting your finger over the barrel end.

For the record, I'm not dead when it comes to mods. I'm really tight on cash right now, so I'm finishing up some small things. I just finished a ss1 triple barrel mod; I honestly thought it hadn't been done before (haha!) and was doing a whole writeup for it. I also finished a big project that was meant as a joke. You can catch them both in the mods picture thread soon.
Teehee.

#2 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:46 PM

It's too big. It does fold back, which is what makes the seal. The rubber wants to snap back to its original shape so it forces itself against the walls of the tube. Unless you put a bbb or +bow spring in there (neither of which fit), the building air pressure won't be able to overcome the seal. This works. That's why I posted it.
Teehee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users