Photo

Hvz

12 replies to this topic

#1 Cagger

Cagger

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:59 PM

Yea so does anyone here play Humans vs Zombies? Its a Nerf based game. Check out this website.

http://humansvszombies.org/
http://wiki.humansvs...title=Main_Page

I played a game at a summer camp that went from 9 pm to 9 am. Adrenaline running the whole time, it was insane.

#2 Guest_fadinglight4_*

Guest_fadinglight4_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:17 PM

It seem odd. I checked it out too. I just wouldn't be able to get used to such low ranged guns. I am used to being able to get off a long ranged accurate shot.

#3 Vistagecko

Vistagecko

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:20 PM

Yes, several colleges play as well. I know there are many others but I only know of Ohio University for sure.

Speaking of OU I believe a game is coming up in a week or so. Players wise, I believe there will be between 200-300 players.

HvZ OU

Edited by Vistagecko, 17 October 2008 - 10:22 PM.

QUOTE(The Kart Racing Nerf Man @ May 6 2009, 07:31 PM) View Post

I lubed it again and again, I don't see what an extra 2 centimeters does. I don't think I will cut it off.
BMX Forum

#4 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 12:07 AM

Thanks for linking to the thread, Vistagecko!

We're gearing up for HVZ to start at OU (less than a week) and it should be an awesome time. Keep any eye out-- I'll be updating the HZV OU thread with pictures/stories as the infection spreads.
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#5 boisie

boisie

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:25 AM

Do you guys have a website?BGSU HvZ had one, where players signed up and entered their status, and how many zombie kills and infections. I could set you up with something like that.

EDIT: Found it: http://www.bgsu.edu/...zations/undead/

They had this same site before they were a student organization.

Edited by boisie, 18 October 2008 - 09:27 AM.

QUOTE(One Man Clan) View Post
You understand what you just did posting a picture of 4 girls on a message board chock full of nerdy virgins, right?
QUOTE(Foamfoot) View Post
Maybe if we download Ubuntu Christian edition, God will help us install it.

#6 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 11:21 AM

I know BGSU and OU have rather large week-long games, but that's only because I'm in Ohio.

Rochester Institute of Technology also has a large week long game.
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#7 Herpestidae

Herpestidae

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 11:30 AM

Here at truman we are up to over 200 people and the game starts on the 22nd.
Grimlock no bozo! Grimlock king!

#8 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 04:31 PM

Do you guys have a website?

We have such a large number of people that we avoid the kill log system, but we do indeed have a website. We mainly use the message board for communication, but the expect the site to be updated more as the game continues:

http://www.hvzathens.com
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

#9 boisie

boisie

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 04:39 PM

Do you guys have a website?

We have such a large number of people that we avoid the kill log system, but we do indeed have a website. We mainly use the message board for communication, but the expect the site to be updated more as the game continues:

http://www.hvzathens.com

Why avoid the kill log system. I'd go straight to it if I had more than 50 members. With the right system in place, you could keep the site fast even with 300+ connections at the same time.
You understand what you just did posting a picture of 4 girls on a message board chock full of nerdy virgins, right?

#10 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 04:45 PM

It's not because of site speed, it's because of logistics. Our game focuses on keeping it simple-- This is the first year were are even utilizing anything besides facebook to organize it.

The fact is, there is a core of probably 150 people that would track kills, and the rest of the people would never even go to the site. People keep track of their own kills and the admins can focus on the game, as opposed to worrying about who is trying to inflate their digital dick.

#11 boisie

boisie

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:10 PM

Which is the reason for ID numbers. Oh, well, maybe I'll be able to talk the admins into it when I'm their in '13

#12 Demon Lord

Demon Lord

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:51 AM

Northern Illinois University also has a game of Humans Vs Zombies going on and a club behind it. We're about to start the second game of the semester and things are looking good, despite the fact that we lost use of NERF guns temporarily due to the shooting that occurred back in February...however we've got loophole to drive trucks through and still keep things fun!
More info is at our website NIU HvZ
QUOTE(VACC @ Mar 7 2011, 09:03 AM) View Post

Don't worry so much about what other people will allow. Throw your own wars and kick your friends' asses until they all want one.

#13 Gas Mask Guy

Gas Mask Guy

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:17 PM

UMD's game starts Halloween. We have very different rules from the standard Goucher rules, mostly due to us being huge, smack dab in the middle of a city, and about %50 commuters. Our game (this time) only goes for two weeks, and the victor is decided by a final scenario (unless the Zs get everyone in two weeks, hasn't happened yet). We don't have starvation rules, and electronic display of alive/undead status is optional (aka no note cards). We also allow (heavily regulated) foam melee weapons.

UMD Nerf website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users