#1 Exal

Exal

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:27 PM

Before anyone bags on me, I did search.
So is it possible? Or was the gun design accualy designed for
20 bullets? If a titan could get that much range, i bet so could a
Rapid Fire 20, if not more. Is it possible, has it already been done?
QUOTE(nerfer9 @ Jun 21 2008, 10:05 PM) View Post

All he's got to do is roll it around in his fingers to start it getting hard and put in in the hole.

#2 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:31 PM

I am desperately trying to hold back my flaming so I will make this short.

It would be possible, not practical, and the single shot would have the range of a rapid-fire shot.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#3 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:40 PM

The regulated piston mechanism is designed to fire continuously so long as the trigger valve is depressed into the open position. You can control the rate of fire by adjusting the flow rate between the trigger and the piston (the stock rapidfire 20 includes such a feature) but it's not designed for nor is it optimal for single-fire.

You won't see any noticeable gain in performance.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 12 October 2008 - 04:42 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#4 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:42 PM

I don't know of any nice way to saythis, so here goes: If you had any concept of how nerf guns work, you wouldn't suggest this stupid fucking mod. And "bullets?" Really? You fail. /Flamefest
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#5 MercenaryXero

MercenaryXero

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:46 PM

The regulated piston mechanism is designed to fire continuously so long as the trigger valve is depressed into the open position. You can control the rate of fire by adjusting the flow rate between the trigger and the piston (the stock rapidfire 20 includes such a feature) but it's not designed for nor is it optimal for single-fire.

You won't see any noticeable gain in performance.

44444 GET right there

And on topic, pretty much all of the flames are what I think, so I'll leave this alone.

#6 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:39 PM

My brother tried this with a magstrike. He put a buttload of rubber bands on the bladder and it only got 10 ft.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#7 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:12 PM

I know you are probably new to the nerf modding scene, so I understand completely. Around this time last year, I was still new to modding, and did'nt know how the hell a Magstrike really worked. So I thought the same thing. So.. I tried to single a magstrike, and killed it. End of story. Waste of thirty dollars.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#8 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 11:24 PM

I think its worth it to make it so it dumps like half of the bladder when you shoot, if I ever get a rf20 with a broken rotation mech, I know what I'm gonna do.

#9 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 01:24 AM

It was discussed MULTIPLE TIMES that what you're advocating is at odds with how the gun actually, ya know, WORKS. Everyone else was trying to keep a new modder from making a serious fuck-up, and you resurrect this thread to do nothing but confuse matters.

Edited by rork, 13 October 2008 - 01:28 AM.

<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#10 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:55 AM

Hmm I have experimented with this concept. I didn't use the RF20 shell, just the mechanism while I was trying to prototype a loading system.
I made a ghetto magazine, with fabicated PVC shells, and managed to get the reciprocating RF20 mechanism to load and fire a dart from each shell with good success rate. I only made about 6 shells for the testing, but it worked okay. Needless to say, the design needed refining to maximise efficiency of seals and stuff. The range I got from a 4" barrel were about 15', and this was a very rough assembly.

So yes, you could do it, but as has been said, very impractical.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

#11 Guest_fadinglight4_*

Guest_fadinglight4_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:09 PM

I think the gun is really just hopeless no matter what. The most that would get is like 50 feet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users