Photo

Combo Spring + Air Powered Nerf Gun

a fantasy of mine, anyone interested?

5 replies to this topic

Poll: good idea or bad? (45 member(s) have cast votes)

good or bad?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Spencer

Spencer

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:10 AM

Ok, so i use a variety of guns, and I have noticed that spring guns have a much better ROF (Rate Of Fire) and air powered guns shoot farther, and sometimes have massive ROF, but then you have to repump them tons. Anyways, on to the fantasy. Basically, I wanted to combine the nice ROF on spring guns, and the range of a pump gun. My basic idea was something like a longshot that shoots normally, but also has an alternate trigger that can fire a powerful blast or 2 of air from either a magstrike or a titan tank. I am a fairly bad modder, and I have no chance of doing a writeup of my own, however if anyone was interested, I think it could turn out really well. Good idea or bad?

Thanks a lot,

Spencer
On the side of every nerf gun is "do not modify the blaster or darts in any way". (insert number of nerfhaven members here) aren't listening

#2 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:02 AM

Around here, we call what you are talking about and integration. Integrations can take some skill, but not always. Check out the modification and paintjob thread and the modification directory for information on the subject.

@nerfnukerz: He never says anything about a single barrel, and to make two power sources fire out the same barrel would be idiotic. There is nothing in this description that I see that is different from integrations such as Bullshit Dragon's Recon with 2k integration.

Edited by bobafan, 11 May 2009 - 01:25 PM.

thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#3 nerfnukerz

nerfnukerz

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:52 AM

Around here, we call what you are talking about and integration. Integrations can take some skill, but not always. Check out the modification and paintjob thread and the modification directory for information on the subject.

Actually, it seems to me that what Spencer is talking about is a little different than an integration. As far as I know, no one has ever made a gun can fire from a spring or an air tank from the same barrel. That would be really neat! Spencer, you may have given me my next mod.

Edit: Nevermind.. bad idea.

Edited by nerfnukerz, 11 May 2009 - 08:16 PM.

Now you're dead.

#4 minsc

minsc

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:30 AM

Actually, it seems to me that what Spencer is talking about is a little different than an integration. As far as I know, no one has ever made a gun can fire from a spring or an air tank from the same barrel. That would be really neat! Spencer, you may have given me my next mod.

It may be neat, but not terribly useful. Why only have one barrel? You would still be limited by reload time, and the barrel length wouldn't be best for both. You also wouldn't have two shots.

As for the original poster, if you've seen the longshot front gun integrations, just do that, but put the airtank and pump of an AT2K in the shell instead. It's nice and compact and easy to do. Titans will give massive range and may be banned, while magstrike bladders aren't really effective with single shots.
QUOTE(Zorn's Lemma @ Jul 25 2010, 12:18 AM) View Post

You'll do a lot better if you spread the lips with the front. Trying to wriggle the back in there first seems a bit counterintuitive.

RSCBow

#5 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:47 AM

The closest you'll get is integrating like an AT2K in some springer with a good rof, like a Longshot or a dart tag gun.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#6 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:08 AM

Id like to get my $0.02 in before this topic gets closed..

I've considered several variations of your idea none that will work as you have intended but all feasible.

You cannot have the airtank attached to the LS plunger tube without losing something. when you prime the weapon you compress the spring therefor eliminating any reason to use the airtank... when the spring is compressed there is too much deadspace for the airtank. using the air tank to "pre charge" the plunger tube would not work because of how the Longshot seals.

If you had several bigsalvo tanks mounted to expel through the LS barrel with the spring system eliminated or redirected to another function... you could have quick consecutive shots until the airtanks were empty.

the longshot never really interested me because in my experience they jam when you run, jump and shake them up alot. also when you pick darts up off the ground. I consider the LS more of a velvet elvis, put it where everyone sees it so they all know you nerf.

Don
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users