Sneakshot

Pitiful, but i think i see potential

23 replies to this topic

#1 Blaster

Blaster

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 05:33 PM

So I was rumaging through some of my old crappy guns yesterday, when i came upon this gun called the sneakshot. It was designed to shoot around corners, but that aiming system wasn't very accurate. Anyways the gun has little power and has been rated as pitiful on every site i've checked. However (for some reason) i thought the gun looked like it had potential. So i cracked it open and had myself a look at the inside. Kind of confusing but it's understandable after a few seconds of analyzing it. Anyways i was thinking, about a few mods i could give a try on this gun. I realized i could tighten the spring, and get the damn twisting barrel to stay straight (in order to shoot around corners they made it so the gun could turn the part that shoots). If i can get that thing to hold still then i could make it to accept micro darts. And maybe before that i could tighten the spring even more, and trim off some of the needless excess parts (like the barrel which looks like it could be replaced with some pvc.) Well anyways, i know the gun looks pretty useless but i think I'll give it a shot anyway (I've got nothing to loose). Anyway i'd like to hear what your opinion is and if anyone else has any mod ideas for this gun?

Edited by Blaster, 09 January 2004 - 05:35 PM.

"The voice of the American people has been heard; and, I won't imitate it, out of respect for the retarded."
— Lewis Black (concerning the 04 election results)
www.lewisblack.net

#2 Nerfer16

Nerfer16

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 05:36 PM

I have seen that gun before. Try modding it, but don't expect much out of it.
Nerfer16 of the Seattle Tactical Nerf Team
Nerf on!

#3 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 07:40 PM

Don't believe anything you hear about the sneakshot, that gun is really good. Sure it sucks out of the box, but don't most nerf guns? It's got the same spring as a ratchetblast/chainblazer on the inside and the plunger tube is actually quite large. I bought one on Ebay for a dollar and when I opened it up I found that it put out WAY more air than my LnL's , which was a good sign. The reason it sucked so much was that the barrel is connected to the plunger tube by some rubber tubing, which really restricted the airflow. If you just pull off the entire barrel assembly you can glue some cpvc (or pvc/brass/whatever you prefer) straight onto the end of the plunger tube. As an added bonus, once you take out all the extra crap on the inside, theres plenty of room for integrations or all kinds of creative stuff. Mine gets 70-90 ft, depending on the darts, with the cpvc barrel.

Anyways, here's a picture so you can see what I'm talking about. That's an at2k in the bottom grip, but I ran out of plumber's goop so I havent attached the pump yet.

Posted Image

hope that helps you
Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

#4 Nerfer16

Nerfer16

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 09:46 PM

Wow, I stand corrected. That looks like a great gun veggie boy! :)
Nerf on!

#5 cooldood31

cooldood31

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 10:42 PM

I want one! ok range, has a stock, cheap, moddable, intigratable, It's a dream come true!

#6 Ranger

Ranger

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 08:23 AM

Wow... I'm impressed. That thing looks pretty good after you did those mods.
n00bs with n00b t00bs.. You'll know what I'm talking about if you play Enemy Territory.

#7 Blaster

Blaster

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 08:29 AM

from what i hear your mods are great. unfortunatly i can't really see the picture. is there a website i might be able to view the pic at because whenever i try to look at this one it says userposted image.
"The voice of the American people has been heard; and, I won't imitate it, out of respect for the retarded."
www.lewisblack.net

#8 Nerfer16

Nerfer16

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 11:02 AM

Apparently Veggie's pic was hosted only temporarily. :) You won't see it, blaster, unless he re-enables it.
Nerf on!

#9 Blaster

Blaster

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 02:14 PM

Apparently Veggie's pic was hosted only temporarily. :) You won't see it, blaster, unless he re-enables it.

ok no problem. Ive begun the moddifying. Removed an air restrictor and got rid of that damn turret. The Range seems to have increased. All i need now is some pvc and i can begin distance moddifying (tighter springs and stuff.) Im also going to try to add some things. When i'm done i'll try to post a pic.
www.lewisblack.net

#10 Exis

Exis

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 06:07 PM

Okay... just to make sure. You want to stretch the spring, or replace it, right? Not compress (or tighten) it... Sorry just wanted to check.

-Coop
I'm a noob... so sue me...

#11 Blaster

Blaster

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 06:18 PM

Okay... just to make sure. You want to stretch the spring, or replace it, right? Not compress (or tighten) it... Sorry just wanted to check.

-Coop

yep. Sorry i didn't look at my post until after you said that. i meant to say lengthen the springs.
www.lewisblack.net

#12 Nerfer16

Nerfer16

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 06:25 PM

i meant to say lengthen the springs.

I've done that before too. :(
Nerf on!

#13 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 07:02 PM

if you want to see my guns, you can go here, its got the sneakshot info as well as a few of my other custom jobs.

my nerf guns
Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

#14 Nerfer16

Nerfer16

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 08:02 PM

Nice mods Veggie Boy! :( I like your clip fed Bow 'n Arrow. Is that a coat hanger I see poking out of the duct tape?
Nerf on!

#15 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 08:14 PM

yes it is, but i took that clip off and I'm working on a better one right now
Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

#16 Guest_davboy88dc_*

Guest_davboy88dc_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2004 - 08:31 PM

Nice mods done to the guns veggieboy. I like how you out add ons to the guns.

#17 david00790

david00790

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 11:29 AM

Um, this is a little off topic but i'm selling some stock ammo on ebay and this guy asked me if my ammo would fit the sneakshot. What kind of ammo does the stock sneaksot take?

#18 Blaster

Blaster

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 05:27 PM

Um, this is a little off topic but i'm selling some stock ammo on ebay and this guy asked me if my ammo would fit the sneakshot. What kind of ammo does the stock sneaksot take?

mega darts
www.lewisblack.net

#19 Blaster

Blaster

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 04:56 PM

ok i know i'm reviving an old topic here, but i thought i should finally update. i removed that stupid turret barrel from the gun and replaced it with some pvc around the air hose instead to keep it steady. i also got rid of a ton of useless crap from the inside. after spring lengthening i tried shooting a stephen dart. i was pretty happy with the results. So far it's got good range and such but the problem is it keeps breaking from the inside. i've isolated the problem and i'm working on fixing it. also another problem: the gun is freakin loud. not entirely sure what's causing the problem but i think i've got a good idea, and some fbr should be able to cushion the noise.
www.lewisblack.net

#20 Nerfer16

Nerfer16

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 07:42 PM

What range does your modded Sneakshot get now?
Nerf on!

#21 Blaster

Blaster

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 10:32 PM

to be honest it's still pretty pitiful. i'd say that when it works, it's got about 25 feet. keep in mind it's still a work in progress and i plan to add a new spring and some new components soon.
www.lewisblack.net

#22 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 11:16 AM

blaster, did you say that you left the air hose on the end of the plunger tube? That thing restricts the air quite a bit. I'd take it off so you have just the plunger tube and glue a coupler/barrel directly onto that. You should get much better results then.
Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

#23 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 11:17 AM

Stock springs usually do better than that. Your poor range is probably do to your barrel / barrel connection.

Either all the air is not going down your barrel, or your barrel is not doing to well. If it's 100% pvc, try using some sort of telescoping system. Most spring guns do not do well with PVC, because the dart is too loose, and escapes before all the air pressure can act on it.

But I do like how your sneakshot looks, its sexy.

Edited by xedice, 27 January 2004 - 11:18 AM.

Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#24 Blaster

Blaster

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 04:23 PM

blaster, did you say that you left the air hose on the end of the plunger tube?  That thing restricts the air quite a bit.  I'd take it off so you have just the plunger tube and glue a coupler/barrel directly onto that.  You should get much better results then.

o, didn't know that. ok i'll give that a try. thanks veggie!

EDIT: by the way about what distance should i get with this mod?

Edited by Blaster, 27 January 2004 - 10:41 PM.

www.lewisblack.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users