Photo

Petg On The Bbb?

9 replies to this topic

#1 biggiy2c

biggiy2c

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:35 PM

Has anyone ever tried petg in their BBB. I have been modding for quite some time, but have limited experience with barrels and barrel mats. Most of my mods are pistol mods, and petg works wonderfully with them. But my old primary, the big blast, is really kinda slow to reload, and is not very accurate, so I'm working on a BBB mod. I'm looking into doing a 12" BBB barrel. Possibly couplered, but I could glue it in place and use the suction ability. I've never seen a petg BBB, and was just wondering how it worked for others.

#2 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:06 PM

I've tried it for my first ever mod (years ago), and it didn't end well. I didn't have a good seal, the PETG didn't fit my darts, and I basically fucked up the entire barrel assembly when I tried to take out the AR.
I'm currently in the process of attempting it again now that I actually know how to mod.
Should be done by Saturday, so I'll post it here when I'm done.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#3 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:11 PM

I did it, worked fine. Just cut off the main barrel of the BBB, hotglue a coupler in it's place. Then slip some petg in 1/2inch pvc. Load dart, attach barrel, prime and fire. Works fine.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#4 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:30 PM

I just PETG'd my BBB a few days ago. It was the easiest barrel replacement I have ever done. It can vacuum load, and fires around 70-80'. I didn't have to cut anything other than the top of the barrel, then I just ducked taped the PETG right in. I would suggest using PETG. With the right FBR, it's great.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#5 Guest_fadinglight4_*

Guest_fadinglight4_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2008 - 04:26 PM

I haven't in my experience but my friend has and it is very accurate. And also CPVC works very well.

#6 najmodder0424

najmodder0424

• Banned
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:27 AM

Um I think this kid on youtube used petg in his bbb. His username is Uin13
You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.

-Eric Hoffer (1902-1983)

Rabbit + Hunting Bullet from a hunting rifle = exploded rabbit

#7 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:36 AM

Uin13=ice

Never speak of him again.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#8 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:39 PM

If the BBB will vacuum load your darts, you should be able to cut off the air restrictor on the tip with a pipe cutter (if you have a newer BBB), and then just slip your PETG barrel in the stock barrel. If it's not already a perfect fit, use some E-tape as a spacer.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#9 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 11:53 AM

If the BBB will vacuum load your darts, you should be able to cut off the air restrictor on the tip with a pipe cutter (if you have a newer BBB), and then just slip your PETG barrel in the stock barrel. If it's not already a perfect fit, use some E-tape as a spacer.

Indeed this should work. You probably will have to open up the blaster though to fully remove the AR.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#10 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 03:24 PM

Big Bad Sexy the Big Bad Bow.

It's the best single-ing mod out there. Use brass that fits on a 2k coupler then have at it with epoxy putty. Use a 1/2 PVC coupler for support. No dead space.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users