At2k Pump Question

1 pump AT2k

10 replies to this topic

#1 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:52 PM

I am looking to put an AT2k in a recon because I love the recon, but its power is pathetic even with extensive modification. I love the AT2k but I really dislike the shell. I just sold a bunch of AT2ks to friends that I got into nerfing (yes!). So I do not have one present with me.

But on to the question, has anyone had a succesful 1 pump mod to an AT2k? Or does someone have a suggestion to perform a shotgun grip that would allow for a pump to be attatched to the shotgun grip. The issue obviously revolves around only being able to pump the shotgun grip once which leaves a lack of air in the airtank.

I am planning on constructing a pump action recon similar to this: http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=13518
QUOTE(rork @ Mar 16 2009, 05:30 PM) View Post

I, too "have recon," as they say. I get him in old country. Then I realize he sucks like bog. So I trade him for potato.

#2 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:04 PM

Well, i'm not sure about the Recon (never owned one), yet about the "1 pump AT2K." Currently, i'm trying to put a 2k into a shell, maybe back into it's own, yet I also dislike it's somewhat "small" pump. I've also been trying to attach a Titan pump to the 2k, yet I don't think it'll be "1 pump."

Although I have made a 1 pump 2k, I attached the chamber to a bike pump, 1 pump got 50' with a stefan, 3 pumps got ~70'. Well there's my 2 cents for you! Good luck on your project!

#3 Guest_Killakit_*

Guest_Killakit_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:05 AM

I have never seen a 1 pump AT2K because after plugging the pump it is still like 3 pumps or 2.

#4 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:58 AM

Damn, I was worried about that. Seems as if ill have to design some kind of system to allow me to pump it up a few times before the shotgun grip engages.

I, too "have recon," as they say. I get him in old country. Then I realize he sucks like bog. So I trade him for potato.

#5 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:08 AM

You simply need to replace the At2k pump with one that has a higher air volume. Do a search for Pump replacement, and see what you find.

#6 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:39 PM

You simply need to replace the At2k pump with one that has a higher air volume. Do a search for Pump replacement, and see what you find.

Oh no I realize that! I just was asking if anyone already had a pump that had worked for a 1 pump instead of trying every pump I own.

#7 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:24 PM

Try a magstrike pump. Its about the same size, just maybe a little wider, and a lot longer.

Its pretty much a hornet pump, except longer and with 1/2" tubing (and not 3/4" like the hornet...).
Timothy M-Lick <3

#8 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:27 PM

Try a magstrike pump. Its about the same size, just maybe a little wider, and a lot longer.

Its pretty much a hornet pump, except longer and with 1/2" tubing (and not 3/4" like the hornet...).

I will. The irritating thing about this is that I have everything for my beastly gun figured out, but I can't get the pump the way I want it to be. If someone finds a bike pump that would work that would be great too. Just any pump, its not going in the original shell and I can compensate for size.

Oh does anyone have a reccomended brass barrel length on an AT2k? With the breech the dart would probably go into the chamber a couple inches away from the airtank, this just means I need a longer barrel. So I will measure the distance wasted from the airtank to the breech and then just add a barrel length onto that.

#9 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:23 PM

Oh does anyone have a reccomended brass barrel length on an AT2k? With the breech the dart would probably go into the chamber a couple inches away from the airtank, this just means I need a longer barrel. So I will measure the distance wasted from the airtank to the breech and then just add a barrel length onto that.

No, having your dart farther from the airtank does not mean you want a longer barrel. If anything you want it shorter. The fastest way to lose power/range is to move the dart farther away from the power source. The dead space there is the greatest limiting factor in almost any NERF blaster.

Point is, you want to get the air tank as close as possible to the breech opening or wherever the dart is going to be when the trigger is pulled. If it is a couple of inches to the dart's point of origin, I don't think you want any more than six inches after that. Even that may be pushing it. Don't expect much more than 70' ranges out of this and 55' wouldn't surprise me at all.

#10 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:54 AM

Well with a breech system its nearly impossible to get the dart right by the power source. If I use the recon breech then the dart SHOULD be maybe 1 or 2 inches away from the airtank. Hell I dont know. My other AT2k still isnt here yet so I cant assemble the damn thing.

#11 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:34 PM

Well with a breech system its nearly impossible to get the dart right by the power source. If I use the recon breech then the dart SHOULD be maybe 1 or 2 inches away from the airtank. Hell I dont know. My other AT2k still isnt here yet so I cant assemble the damn thing.

You could try using a flexible vinyl hose from the valve end of the tank to the breech. That way, those just folds up a bit when the breech is opened.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users