Photo

Recon Shotgun Foregrip

11 replies to this topic

#1 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:50 PM

I have finaly gotten around to posting my recon shotgun foregrip, I believe that I am the first to do this, so I thought it would warrent its own thread, It is compleatly removeable, and requires no modificaton of the main gun.

Posted Image

Here's a video showing the action :

If there is intrest in a writeup let me know, and send me a new recon barrel extension. :ph34r:

Edited by flashflint, 07 October 2008 - 09:01 PM.

#2 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:55 PM

That lookes great! Unfortunatly, you are not the first to put a shotgun foregrip on a Recon. I have seen a few others using the bottom tactical rail. This however, it the best forgrip mod I have seen on a recon.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#3 123caviler

123caviler

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:55 PM

That thing looks so cool! Is there any hope for a writeup?
QUOTE(One Man Clan @ Mar 15 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

O YEAH!
Mr.Kool_Aid,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended. blah blah blah

OMC is fucking god.

#4 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:04 PM

If there is intrerest, and I can get another front barrel extension I may redo it and take pictures along the way,
in order to do a writeup.

#5 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:44 PM

Definitely do a writeup! That is awesome! I am putting an AT2k inside of mine and have been looking at a shotgun grip that would allow me to have a shotgun grip thats compatible with a pump so yes, please do a writeup.
QUOTE(rork @ Mar 16 2009, 05:30 PM) View Post

I, too "have recon," as they say. I get him in old country. Then I realize he sucks like bog. So I trade him for potato.

#6 Guest_Killakit_*

Guest_Killakit_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:51 AM

Great job. That is the best looking Recon I have really ever seen. I mean most people really just give up on the recon because lets face it. Even modded the ranges suck. But that looks amazing. I admit I even overlooked the recon because mine just sucked. That is incredible. But really is there any chance of a write up?

#7 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:44 AM

I can do a writeup is anyone wants to sell me a recon barrel extension for the price of shipping. PM me if you have an extra.

#8 mocky

mocky

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:59 AM

Nice mod, I've seen something similar using a plunger tube cut in half, but this is definitely a lot cleaner and the best part is the mod is reversible.

#9 Daecu

Daecu

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:59 PM

That would look very nice spray painted :P Nice mod, I was just wondering however, what is that black part you used for the barrel extensions? Looks like it came from a different gun... just curious :D

#10 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:12 PM

That would look very nice spray painted :) Nice mod, I was just wondering however, what is that black part you used for the barrel extensions? Looks like it came from a different gun... just curious :D

The barrel extension is just the back 1/3 of the recon barrel, with 1 inch pvc glued into it.

#11 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:53 PM

Wow, this is really nice! I have'nt ever seen a foregrip on the recon before, but that's probably because I am not on very much anymore. How easy is it to slide? Is it easier than without the foregrip? How much did it cost you to build one of these? I only have about ten dollars, and I would like to build one of these with my friend with his spare recon. And what materials did you use?
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#12 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:19 AM

Wow, this is really nice! I have'nt ever seen a foregrip on the recon before, but that's probably because I am not on very much anymore. How easy is it to slide? Is it easier than without the foregrip? How much did it cost you to build one of these? I only have about ten dollars, and I would like to build one of these with my friend with his spare recon. And what materials did you use?

It cost almost nothing to build. I actualy dident spend anything because I had all the peices on hand. It is all pvc, cpvc, the stock recon barrel attachment, A nstrike rail clip, a little bit of wood and it is best to have some wire that you can twist tightly without it breaking, Not shure what its would be called but it is mostly used in aircraft to put safety retainers on bolts.

Edited by flashflint, 09 October 2008 - 06:19 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users