Photo

Li War Saturday, October 11th

10 replies to this topic

#1 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:56 PM

I'm having a war on Saturday, October 11th. The place and time are not definite right now, PM me for information, but it will definitely be in Suffolk county. Also, modifications will be greatly restricted. Anything that enhances a gun's power, range or velocity (such as banding, sprind changes, plugging pumps, AR removal etc.) is strictly banned. Guns modified to look realistic are also banned. Ammunition must be stock. Mods that are ergonomic or cosmetic in nature (provided they don't make the gun look real) are fine, such mods include Slug's foregrip for the longshot.

Anyone interested?

#2 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:59 PM

Of course, the one war on long island has to be a shitty stock war.

#3 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:04 PM

Of course, the one war on long island has to be a shitty stock war.

Last I recall a good nerf war is about having fun, and we always do. If you don't like my rules, don't come and don't spam up my thread.

#4 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:36 PM

I'm sorry he's right, if you cant take the pain of a simple ar removal..... Plus stock wars are Always ultra shitty.

#5 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:50 PM

How about you all can it and let him host his war? If you don't like it, so be it; no point to filling this thread with flames.

~ompa

#6 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:57 PM

Not even a weeks notice about a stock gun war is kinda pushing it. Also with no location is kinda shady...

But if this was in advance, and more lenient towards lightly/ mild modded guns, I probably could make it/ go.

Try to take pictures of the venue, so you can swerve people to play there.

Have fun!
Timothy M-Lick <3

#7 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:24 AM

Stock wars can be a lot of fun, but they're generally best with a smaller group of nerfers who know each other well. If that's how he wants to host his war, Ompa is dead on, that's his perogative.

What I would suggest, Oni, is pitching this to nerfers you've already met and giving them a little more time to grab a stock blaster or two as many of us don't have anything that hasn't been modded, let alone sufficient stock darts for a war.

Also, give some idea of the venue. Outdoor stock wars are pretty rough. You need close quarters.

#8 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:03 PM

Thank you ompa and VACC.

I've decided that the final location will be Stony Brook University, I have to speak with my friends to get a finalized time. The actual building we use will probably be the student union basement, as we've had several game types work very well there. For reference, i'm hoping for at least 10 of my weekly nerf group to be there, hopefully more as I've given them a week's notice.

If you want food, bring $10 so we can order dominos after the war.

Also, to address the issue of darts that VACC brought up, I have to say that we don't lose nearly as many darts as in an outdoor war, i've been on the same group of streamlines since the summer. As such, even if you grab a maverick and a 10 pack, you should have plenty for the entire war. Which brings me to my next point...

The most popular gun, by far, in our area is the maverick. There are some heavier guns such as recons, longshots, vulcans etc., but if you are thinking of attending, you'll probably do fine with only a maverick. I will also have spare guns on hand, though they will be given out on a first come, first serve basis.

Edited by Oni Kadaki, 07 October 2008 - 12:04 PM.

#9 Guest_Killakit_*

Guest_Killakit_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:44 PM

I mean really if you don't like the idea of a stock gun war then just don't post. If he has the balls to try this give him some respect. There is no point in flaming because I used to do this all the time with my friends and it was fun as hell and if I wasn't going to ECNO I would definately come.

#10 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:03 PM

I mean really if you don't like the idea of a stock gun war then just don't post. If he has the balls to try this give him some respect. There is no point in flaming because I used to do this all the time with my friends and it was fun as hell and if I wasn't going to ECNO I would definately come.

Your going to ecno?!? I'm out.

Edited by ice, 07 October 2008 - 09:03 PM.

<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#11 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:57 PM

Ok, we start at noon on Saturday at Stony Brook University, it's definite. As for attendance, i'm guessing i've definitely got 5 of my regular nerf group attending. I'm still hoping for more than that, though with even 6 people total the area i've picked out will be fine. So, for anyone considering attending, sorry for the low projected turnout, but i hope you'll attend anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users