If you can, please post pics of them together

5 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:24 PM

Both shoot about the same distances on average, both require a great deal of modification, and both require reinforcement since some of the stock parts cannot survive the stress of stronger springs.
They're both comfortable.
One is far more accessible that the other due to availability.

The +Bow is based on the same basic proportions at the Xbow.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#2 Guest_Killakit_*

Guest_Killakit_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:41 PM

Wow! In my mind I have never compared the two but now that you bring it up... I have no clue. That is a close one. I have a Pump Action Shotgun but not a crossbow. I am really going to take this into consideration.

#3 Herpestidae

Herpestidae

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:03 PM

Wow! In my mind I have never compared the two but now that you bring it up... I have no clue. That is a close one. I have a Pump Action Shotgun but not a crossbow. I am really going to take this into consideration.

What the hell are you taking into consideration?
Grimlock no bozo! Grimlock king!

#4 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:34 PM

Slug covered most of the points I would have said.
I would have to say in addition that the X-bow has a better feeling stock.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#5 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:25 PM

As someone who owns (ed) both guns, I will throw in my 2 cents.
I loved the feel of the ERTL pump action shotugun. It was heavy, which made it more comfy in my point of view. The stock was comfy, and the trigger was too. I am sorry I got rid of it, I should have singled it when my Doomsayer mod failed, but that never occured to me for some reason, I was a real noob back then.
Onto the crossbow. Heard many stories, proclamations of undying love about this gun. When I aquired it, I was a little dissapointed. It wasn't as comfortable as everyone said, for me. The stock had this point that kept digging into my shoulder, and the bump on the top where the stock barrel was originally was messing up with my aiming. I saw pictures of VACC's xbow, and didn't really like how it looked, so I never sawed it off.
Ranges: I never got to range test my ERTL pump gun, but my xbow hit 140 flat last range test, with a plunger tube replacement, and buniges.
In conclusion, both great guns, but I would hand it to the ERTL pump action, because if you can pull the doomsyer off, it is an unbeatable weapon.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#6 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:35 PM

Here you go. Had some troubles getting it on my computer...
Posted Image
Sorry for the not-so-great quality, it was with my phone.
Each little tile is a 4 1/2" square.
And the stock on the Crossbow is much more comfortable than the stock on the Pump Shotgun. The Pump Shotgun one is way too short, I never brace it against my shoulder when I use it.
And, no, my coupler is on my Crossbow is not crooked, it's broken at the moment. It's not even attached.

Edited by Retiate, 05 October 2008 - 10:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users