• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:50 PM

Yeah, I couldn't get a good pic from that angle. There
are posts in the barrels and as far as I can tell there are
some kind of ARs down in there.

Honestly, I'm not sure how well a barrel replacement would
work. The barrel half is glued on and I'm not sure the best way
to get it off, probably cut it or pry it, but that might hit the pump chamber.
Its a very compact little bitch. I'm going to clean off the sides and find
the seam to see if it can be cut.

I just hate it when they glue a gun shut!

Edited by Vimes, 08 October 2008 - 01:51 PM.

The path of my life is strewn with cow-pats from the devil's own satanic herd!

#52 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:06 PM

Whole device compared to a Titan Rocket.
Posted Image

The two outlet ports. You can see the "walls" between them taht I cut through.
Posted Image

The size of the actual firing mechanism
Posted Image

The size of the outlet ports compared to a 6mm (1/4") BB.
Posted Image

The only air restrictors in the barrel are these thick crosses that the pegs are connected to.

Just Some Bob - those prongs you're talking about are not the only form of AR. The pegs are ARs, the crosses are ARs too.

Even after plugging the pump and machining out the barrels nice and smooth (not replacing them), there wasn't much of an increase in performance. I think this is because of the fact three barrels share one outlet. Sharing just doesn't work.

Sorry the pics are so late lol.

-Tidge.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

#53 Grenada

Grenada

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 02:45 PM

this sounds like using it like a grenade is rather impractical for actually hitting people, but what about digging a hole outside and using it like a landmine. if you made a kind of pressure pad that will press down on it whenever someone steps on it, thereby pushing the grenada on the ground, setting it off, firing up right up between someones legs. It would be great for ambushes. Can you imagine the look on their faces when darts start coming from 6 directions(front, left, right, back, ground from the mines, and top from me hiding in a tree with my magstrike or something) That would be awesome. I'll try this as soon as I can find one
If you Nerf in western washington, PM me

So you see a penguin walking down the street. Looks harmless right, so you keep on walking past him. You turn around to seem him walk away, only to find yourself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver.

#54 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:56 PM

I would be incredibly excited to attend a war with you, just so I could shoot the piss out of you while you were A.) digging holes in a public park to place land mines in; or B.) while you were "hiding in a tree with your magstrike or something," because that kind of behavior is EXACTLY what we all aspire to, I'm sure.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#55 Largo

Largo

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:35 PM

I figured the Vulcan was the last thing I would need. I was wrong.

Edited by Largo, 11 October 2008 - 06:43 PM.

#56 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:49 PM

After reading through this thread I think that indeed this is a cool idea.. but they seem to have gone and made it fairly weak.. I'm very tempted to do a proof of concept of a "Homebrew" version of one of these using some old hornet airtanks and a Sprider-man Detonator Trigger as the base components.

I just got me a new side project. =D

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#57 Grenada

Grenada

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:50 PM

rork, two problems, A. my wars on private land, which my family owns/rents, and therefor I can place them there hours beforehand, or while everyone is gettint organized, B. the climbable trees are only about 20 feet tall, and are in REALLY tight groves, so I love hiding, while they walk right under me(the people I war with are often idiots, and keep their eyes on the beaten trail.
If you Nerf in western washington, PM me

So you see a penguin walking down the street. Looks harmless right, so you keep on walking past him. You turn around to seem him walk away, only to find yourself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver.

#58 maseman 46

maseman 46

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 11:11 AM

Quick question: how big is the air bladder?
Would it be possible to put a better air bladder
thus improving the range?
maseman__46
The only way to get a recon over 100' would be to throw it.-atomatron

Yes groove punching your mother solves all problems......Maybe George Bush should have done that during katrina?-foxdemon82

My sales thread

#59 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:52 AM

Quick question: how big is the air bladder?
Would it be possible to put a better air bladder
thus improving the range?
maseman__46

Are you serious mate? I just posted pics of the device.

The two outlet ports. You can see the "walls" between them taht I cut through.
Posted Image

The size of the actual firing mechanism
Posted Image

As you can see, there is no air bladder, but the valve design is a self-contained pressure tank.

-Tidge.

#60 maseman 46

maseman 46

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:42 PM

oh ok sorry I didnt realize that it didnt
Thanks for your time
Maseman__46
The only way to get a recon over 100' would be to throw it.-atomatron

Yes groove punching your mother solves all problems......Maybe George Bush should have done that during katrina?-foxdemon82

My sales thread

#61 minsc

minsc

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:01 PM

I agree with bags, that a home made version based on this would be much more affective. Perhaps with the barrels angled slightly outward.

The fact that it has to land straight down is probably the limiting factor though. To get it far away, you would have to throw it straight up very high. Anyone could see it coming very easily.

If anyone uses this in a war, I can just picture someone with a confident grin, tossing one of these up, and having someone else catch it and throw it back, tagging the other person. That would be awesome.
QUOTE(Zorn's Lemma @ Jul 25 2010, 12:18 AM) View Post

You'll do a lot better if you spread the lips with the front. Trying to wriggle the back in there first seems a bit counterintuitive.

RSCBow

#62 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:57 PM

The best way I can personally see to improve this thing is to brass it (If thats possible) Then put 3-4 light-weight shotgun stefans loosely in each barrel.
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#63 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:41 AM

The whole 1-outlet-to-three-barrels concept prevents the shotgun darts from working effectively. Unless you block the valve in the pump and over pressurise it, you won't get all the darts out of the barrels.

As for rebarreling. Brass is too haevy for this application, I would recommend the use of PETG however.

#64 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 05:25 PM

It seems like it would be more effective when thrown like a football just past the feet of an enemy, or at a wall behind the enemy. But seeing as I don't have one, I can't know for sure.
"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#65 unitcmn

unitcmn

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:37 PM

i want one

#66 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:51 PM

i want one

Please read the COC. You revived a 7 day old thread (Which isn't a terrible necro by any means) just to say I want one? And without punctuation or grammar?

Please use grammar, capitalize, punctuate, and check how old a thread is before you add something. Also if you want to reply to a thread (ANY thread) then make sure you have something of use to say rather than "i want one"

For future reference, and to keep your account active, follow the above.

No need for ANY posts below this saying how I am right, what timmy said, or anything about the COC.

This issue has been taken care of unless a mod sees fit to add something.

Thank you come again.
QUOTE(rork @ Mar 16 2009, 05:30 PM) View Post

I, too "have recon," as they say. I get him in old country. Then I realize he sucks like bog. So I trade him for potato.

#67 youtube

youtube

• Banned
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:15 PM

I spotted this at an HEB here in Texas. I thought about getting one but I didn't have
the cash. May have to cough some up though.

They were 9.95.

round rock tx
YoUtUbE

#68 canuck

canuck

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:20 PM

What is the blast radius?
We don't have military tactics or specialized training. We're fucking kids playing with plastic guns trying to tag each other.
-nerfer9

#69 StealthMan

StealthMan

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 285 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:23 PM

Posted Image

Don't necro.

Edited by StealthMan, 25 April 2009 - 08:24 PM.

<!--quoteo(post=212906:date=Feb 16 2009, 06:30 PM:name=TantumBull)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TantumBull @ Feb 16 2009, 06:30 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm not ashamed to admit that I have tried to eat my stefans. They just looked so yummy.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

NERF<b>STRONG</b> #108

#70 Nerf300

Nerf300

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:23 PM

To youtube, you just necro'd by multiple months, and you had nothing useful to say. = bad thing.

Amazon get these on stock on and off anyway.

#71 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:29 PM

I spotted this at an HEB here in Texas. I thought about getting one but I didn't have
the cash. May have to cough some up though.

They were 9.95.

round rock tx

Re-read the Code of Conduct.
http://nerfhaven.com...?act=boardrules

Don't necro.

Don't use an image macro again.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 25 April 2009 - 11:12 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#72 The Kart Racing Nerf Man

The Kart Racing Nerf Man

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:50 PM

I found it from a reliable source

But it is currently out of stock :blink:

I will post when it is in :)

When i them in bulk i will post a thread and i will be then selling them. :D

if that is OK

Edited by The Kart Racing Nerf Man, 26 April 2009 - 12:53 PM.

I'm a Mac

Paste this into your sig if you are a Mac.

#73 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:54 PM

I found it from a reliable source

But it is currently out of stock :blink:

I will post when it is in :)

When i them in bulk i will post thread i i will be then selling them. :D

This kind of post belongs here
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=10943

This is your final warning about you post quality. Punctuate and capitalize appropriately or you will be suspended.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users