Photo

Nerf Nite Finder Serial Numbers

29 replies to this topic

#1 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 09:38 PM

I just noticed a serial number on the right side of my NNF. This could be a fake number to make it look like a real gun but it doesn't look like it, my number is 33051. With 5 digits they could make 99,999, would that be as many as they make of a single gun? Anyway if anyone has different numbers it might give us some info, like how big their initial release of them was (approximately anyway). I wonder why they would give them serial numbers. Is this common? Anyway, it's just something I noticed.

#2 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 10:41 PM

I don't have one but I'd guess it will turn out to be the same number on all of them. The extra cost of putting an actual serial number on a $6 item just doesn't make sense.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#3 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 02:05 AM

Okay, I know this is a wee bit off topic, but I'm gonna lay it down now. I need someone to get me a UPC code from the back of a Nerf Nite Finder, so I can have my buddy who works at Target and has access to inventory check to see if they will be stocking it soon. The UPC is the list of numbers right beneath the bar code. If anyone with the gun packaging could do this for me, I would appreciate muchly. I've tried zooming in on Ragornock's image with my computer, but I don't trust the accuracy of that. ;)
"The 'dance goes on..."

#4 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 04:00 PM

I think I still have the box at home so I can get up the UPC number tonight. I don't think the trash has been picked up yet if I did toss it so we should be golden.

cxwq, I totally agree with you that it doesn't make sense to put serial numbers on a $6 toy. This is the main reason that I was curious about it and since I donít currently have access to a second nite finder this was my best option to get an answer.

The number is engraved (pressed sharply) into the plastic as opposed to being part of the other lettering on the gun (which warns not to modify it). While this is a very nice detail I still canít help but wonder if it has a greater purpose. Perhaps some blasters are different than others and they are waiting to see if they hear any complaints. I guess I could break down and contact nerf but I donít think theyíd tell me what I want to know.

#5 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 04:35 PM

Well, anylisis indicates that all of the ones I have or know of have the number 33051 on the side. Which is about three of them, but who knows? I never noticed that before, to tell you the truth. Soon as I read this, the number seemed to appear.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#6 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 05:03 PM

OK if that number is consistant then it's a minor mystery. It looks like a date to me, March 30th 1951. Does this date ring any bells with anyone? Could be the birthday of someone related to nerf or the date nerf was started??? Thanks for checking for me.

#7 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 06:51 PM

Well, both of my Nite Finders say 33161 on them.
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#8 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 07:24 PM

Interesting, then they could be batch numbers. They could be date coded some how. Hey Ragornocks, are located any place near Oregon? They may have codes for certain stores, mine were walmart bought.

I just found the requested UPC code for the Nite Finder 7693061496.
On the far left of the code there is a 0 and on the far right there is a 9 so it might be 076930614969

Edited by sporkboyofjustice, 08 January 2004 - 10:56 PM.

#9 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 04:16 AM

Thanks alot for the UPC, I'll try and work with that to get a whole crate of Nite Finders. :o

As for the other digits, maybe it's a batch # or something similar? Ah well, it's of no importance to me. Leave numbers to the Algebra Brigade!
"The 'dance goes on..."

#10 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 12:04 PM

Thanks alot for the UPC, I'll try and work with that to get a whole crate of Nite Finders. :o

As for the other digits, maybe it's a batch # or something similar? Ah well, it's of no importance to me. Leave numbers to the Algebra Brigade!

I'm telling you, Janga, Target isn't stocking the Nite Finders in the Nerf section. For some reason, I found mine all put in the water toys section. Make sure you check.
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#11 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 01:13 PM

Good spotting Grinch. Maybe this has been my problem tracking more down. I'll be at Target tonight if things go as planned so I'll check out the water gun section.

#12 Exis

Exis

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 06:03 PM

As to the codes... I really think we're reading a bit too much into this. Sure, it's fun to try to crack a code for the heck of it, but little numbers engraved on a plastic toy gun? C'mon guys!

-Coop
I'm a noob... so sue me...

#13 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 10 January 2004 - 09:30 PM

I found a bunch of these guns at the local Meijer in East Lansing MI. If you nerf in the area pick 'em up. Ah Michigan, you stock nerf, and I am happy.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#14 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 05:03 PM

Hmm... my serial number says 370501 .
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#15 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 08:51 PM

I know that it's just a toy gun but this kind of thing interests me. I did notice that my LNL has a code on it on the orange cock bar.

#16 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 10:29 PM

All the ones I've taken out of boxes so far are number 331ll.

Yes, the last two are lower case `L' characters, clearly distinguished from the `1'.

For completeness, if anybody is recording all this, mine were purchased at a SoCal Target store.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#17 Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 01:35 PM

Same here... Both of mine are 331ll, with two lower case 'L's. I got them both at a Seattle-area target.
Do not mess with CXWQ, for he has Admin powers and will bann your flaming little a**.

Techno-Dann of the Seattle Tactical Nerf Team

#18 wtrent10

wtrent10

• Banned
  • 219 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 03:38 PM

I thought that I was the first to find the nnf... but I was wrong... oh, well. Maybe I am the first to mod it. Probably not though. Anyways I got two, one's no. is

and the others is

I bought mine in a "Target Greatland" in Chicago.

It may be that the nnf's come in crates and the guns in one crate have different numbers than ones in other crates. you probably don't know what the hell I'm talking about... But if you want me to explain it simpiler just let me know.

Edited by wtrent10, 12 January 2004 - 03:48 PM.

"This movie is the cause for all mental retardation. every kid I see walking down the street slamming their hand against their chest and yelling some incoherent sound I'm gonna point at them and yell, 'NO!!!!!!!! YOU WATCHED SKY CAPTAIN!!!!'"

~James

#19 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 12 January 2004 - 04:18 PM

The one I bought at Michigan Mejier's has the same number as Sporkboy, 33051

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#20 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 07:39 PM

It may just be that there are a few models out. I'll bet the number is just there to look cool, like the little tubes on the case of a supermax gun that aren't really tubes. Do all of these guns have the same packageing?

There could have been some problem with the electronics or the bulb that caused a defect in earlier models, so they made some minor change and then re-released it making slight cosmetic changes.

An example of this having been done before: The blastifire. When the gun was first released the green cocking thing slid back on it's own on the power of a small spring inside the case. A couple weeks later and at a different Toys 'R Us, the blastfire came in different looking packegeing and in addition to some cosmetic changes ('do not' warning label printed in a different spot, etc) the spring was missing and there was no place to mount a new spring on the gun.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#21 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 09:07 PM

The blastifire. When the gun was first released the green cocking thing slid back on it's own on the power of a small spring inside the case

Dude, you got your guns messed up. The origional BF did not have a spring, the new one did.

Edited by THIRST, 12 January 2004 - 09:07 PM.

ko

#22 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 09:14 PM

The blastifire. When the gun was first released the green cocking thing slid back on it's own on the power of a small spring inside the case

Dude, you got your guns messed up. The origional BF did not have a spring, the new one did.

And judging by his vast collection of them... I bet he knows his BlastFires.

Why do we even care about the whole serial code thing? I bet you'll find them on alot of guns... they most likely mean nothing, like Cobbers said, it may be fun to try to crack a code, but this code won't get you anywhere by the looks of it.

I don't have a NNF, and there are no stores around me that have these guns. If I find them, I'm buying a few... cause they seem to be so cheap.

Has anyone noticed a design flaw, or an easy break point on their NNF yet?
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#23 Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 02:00 PM

Why do we even care about the whole serial code thing?

Because it's something new and different? I don't know.

The air restrictor is insane. Barely any air gets through at all. Other than that, nothing. It's a great gun.
Do not mess with CXWQ, for he has Admin powers and will bann your flaming little a**.

#24 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 03:21 PM

If you smash it with a hammer it's toast. It's well balanced with the batteries installed, the grip is amazingly comfy and it's not some wacky shape so you can easily holster it. I haven't taken a hacksaw to mine yet but I might tonight. That would make it much smaller and may balance it without batteries.

This would make it harder to do integration with but I'd like to keep this as a compact side arm and not a primary as I'd like a very maneuverable and straight forward side arm for dependability reasons.

Younger nerfers might find the grip a little beefy; I'll have to compare its girth to some other guns tonight.

#25 Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 02:08 PM

I like the big fat handle. It makes the gun feel a lot more powerful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users