Favorite Primary / Main?

A companion thread

35 replies to this topic

#1 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:35 AM

To go along with Killakit's Favorite Pistol/Secondary Thread, This is for posting you're current / favorite primary gun(s). Pictures are very much loved and wanted.

I'll start:
Posted Image
The ACCESS Bow. Ranges are in the 90s to 100s.
Mods:
CPVC Coupler, 2x mav springs, 1x firefly spring, 1x NF spring, removable stock, etc.
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#2 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:43 AM

I have a few, so i'll just post my favorites.
SNAPbow
Posted Image
Crossbow
Posted Image
Big Salvo
Posted Image
And my most prized possession, The Lancer
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:47 AM

(EDIT - removed pointless beratement of a deleted post)

My current primary (for our indoor wars) is an Airtech 2000 with the AR's removed. That's it - nothing else has been done to it. We don't use stefans, and we don't heavily modifiy our guns - for safety of both person and property. This is the biggest, baddest gun in the entire arsenal - able to shoot ~40' flat with Sonic Micros. Since nothing has changed on the gun cosmetically, no pics are needed.

Edited by Ambience 327, 02 October 2008 - 11:48 AM.

Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#4 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:22 PM

I'd like a picture of that. How did you get the ARs out without cutting off the barrels (I assume you didn't replace the barrels because you said you did nothing else to it)?
Teehee.

#5 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:52 PM

Extremis- LS, Recon Spring added
70-80 ft
Paintjob- Iron Man (Red and Gold)
Posted Image
War Machine- BBB+Mav
60-70
Paintjob- War Machine (Black and Silver)
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#6 alec2ander

alec2ander

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:33 PM

lonshot sorry no pic yet range 100 ft average with sidearm integration

#7 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:35 PM

I am getting a +bow in a few days, so I guess that. Before, it was my xbow, but I traded that. I do have a LS, but I don't love it.
EDIT: I also have a minimized turreted AT2k. I like that thing, though I need to put some new barrels on.

Edited by mystefansdontflystraight, 02 October 2008 - 02:39 PM.

QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#8 alec2ander

alec2ander

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:58 PM

i also had a at2k but i burned the o ring and destroyed the plunger tube

but before that happend it hit high 80's

#9 Axle-Gear

Axle-Gear

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:14 PM

lonshot sorry no pic yet range 100 ft average with sidearm integration

i also had a at2k but i burned the o ring and destroyed the plunger tube

but before that happend it hit high 80's

Ain't it convient that none of your great guns no longer exist or have no record of their existence?

Whenever I nerf, since I'm the one providing the entire arsenal in the only duels/wars I've organized, I use my magstrike with the OP button grinded down. The other people get stuck with a maverik, mustang 6, or a clip tek. And since none of them are familiar with nerf at all, I can usually count on them to jam their own guns or use all their ammo so I can run in for an easy kill. =D

However, I do have an interesting mod completed. I'll have to pester a friend to get the pictures so I can post it later. It may become my new primary in proper nerf wars.

#10 AJAQ

AJAQ

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:21 PM

I don't do much in wars, but my favorite so far that I have done is the Longshot PETG-SemiBreech.
~AJAQ~

#11 nightfinder

nightfinder

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:44 PM

Extremis- LS, Recon Spring added
70-80 ft
Paintjob- Iron Man (Red and Gold)
Posted Image
War Machine- BBB+Mav
60-70
Paintjob- War Machine (Black and Silver)

Is your youtube name DarkKohanacorp?Or something like that, because I know him
NerfGrassHopper
R u gay ur sig makes it look so.. just lokin' for anotha gay nerfer...

#12 maseman 46

maseman 46

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:05 PM

My best primary weapon would have to be my longhot,
Range: 120-150 feet
paintjob: black
mods: Two longshot Springs + two maverick springs as well as a bbb spring,
Shoots taggers and I plugged the little hole in the bolt Piece.
wiil get pictures soon.
maseman__46

Edited by maseman__46, 02 October 2008 - 05:24 PM.

The only way to get a recon over 100' would be to throw it.-atomatron

Yes groove punching your mother solves all problems......Maybe George Bush should have done that during katrina?-foxdemon82

My sales thread

#13 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 05:13 PM

wiil get pictures soon.
maseman__46

Those pictures better come really quick if you are going to bs those 120-150' ranges, unless those are angled. I also have to call bs on your springs. Without tons of reinforcement, a BBB and LS spring are about as much power as you're gonna get. With two LS springs, I doubt the bolt moves back far enough to prime, and even if it does, you'd basically need a steel catch plate with a huge spring on it. Even if all those springs are in there...taggers... Absolutely nothing in your story seems believable. If you are going to say stuff like that, you should really have a video with you loading, priming, firing and then measuring the distance with a tape measure.

On topic: I use an angel breeched LS with a BBB and an LS spring, and an integrated mav. It also has a shotgun foregrip that is ~90% complete. I can't post pics because it is completely torn apart right now while I finish up the foregrip. Yes, it might sound crazy to do, but two weapons in one that both prime from a separate shotgun style grip and fire from the same trigger? Really cool. Also, if anyone can picture what I am doing, you might be confused (Mav being in the way of a shotgun grip, different trigger pull lengths for each blaster, ect). I will try to clear that up once I get the shotgun grip done.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#14 maseman 46

maseman 46

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 05:25 PM

wiil get pictures soon.
maseman__46

Those pictures better come really quick if you are going to bs those 120-150' ranges, unless those are angled. I also have to call bs on your springs. Without tons of reinforcement, a BBB and LS spring are about as much power as you're gonna get. With two LS springs, I doubt the bolt moves back far enough to prime, and even if it does, you'd basically need a steel catch plate with a huge spring on it. Even if all those springs are in there...taggers... Absolutely nothing in your story seems believable. If you are going to say stuff like that, you should really have a video with you loading, priming, firing and then measuring the distance with a tape measure.

On topic: I use an angel breeched LS with a BBB and an LS spring, and an integrated mav. It also has a shotgun foregrip that is ~90% complete. I can't post pics because it is completely torn apart right now while I finish up the foregrip. Yes, it might sound crazy to do, but two weapons in one that both prime from a separate shotgun style grip and fire from the same trigger? Really cool. Also, if anyone can picture what I am doing, you might be confused (Mav being in the way of a shotgun grip, different trigger pull lengths for each blaster, ect). I will try to clear that up once I get the shotgun grip done.

As slowguitarman mentioned it isb angled slightly like 10 to 15 degrees
I was in school and didnt have much time
I will get those pictures as soon as I get my camera fixed

Edited by maseman__46, 02 October 2008 - 05:27 PM.

The only way to get a recon over 100' would be to throw it.-atomatron

Yes groove punching your mother solves all problems......Maybe George Bush should have done that during katrina?-foxdemon82

My sales thread

#15 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:16 PM

At the moment my primaries are

My At3k: Posted Image

Mods are: Just re-barreled the original barrels with PETG

And my Big Bad Bow: Posted Image
-Mods Done: PVC couplered. It has about an inch and a half of the original barrel to keep the coupler on straight, I have a PETG barrel that is just nested in a half in Thinwalled PVC casing. Hopefully going to do an intergration.

Edited by Icespartan_1114, 05 October 2008 - 03:37 PM.

QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#16 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:12 PM

Why is this in the Modifications thread? Anyways:
The Titan is my Primary,
Posted Image
it is Absolver modded (to be a secondary) and couplered to be a primary, even though at most wars, singled Titans aren't allowed, just my BBB broke (as in not able to repair). The NF is just a random thing I did when I was bored...and yes that's a speedloader...it doesn't seem practical, but it is...

P.S. Wasn't there another of these threads in General Nerf?

#17 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:46 AM

I'd like a picture of that. How did you get the ARs out without cutting off the barrels (I assume you didn't replace the barrels because you said you did nothing else to it)?

It wasn't easy!!! Actually, the barrels did come off - but only briefly. It took some work to get them off (prying, scoring, etc around the joints of the barrels - took hours, my wife and I took turns while watching TV so I didn't give myself carpal-tunnel just removing the barrels :D ), but then it was just a matter of careful drilling/filing to get rid of the AR's and make the barrels smooth. The best part is that now the darts slide all the way down into the barrels, so only the heads are outside the barrel (longer travel time = better air usage, also, less chance to damage the darts by banging them into walls when running around).

There is no gun that I have gotten my hands on that gets this kind of range with nothing but an AR removal - not to mention the insane difference between stock (~5'-10') and sans AR (~40' as I said) ranges. There really isn't any need for a longer-ranged gun in our arsenal for indoor fighting - this thing owns the entire church building!
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#18 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:51 AM

I just thought I might mention that I have also done an AR removal (only) on an AT2k. My general method:

1. Open the blaster and remove the turret.
2. Use small needle nose pliers to break off the very tips of the pegs; you should now see a hole in the middle of the pegs.
3. Use a medium-sized drill bit (even work up if you need to) to drill down the center of what peg remains; do not drill too far.
4. The drilling will have weakened the peg. Use needle nose pliers or (better yet) a hemostat to pull, twist, and generally abuse the pegs until you can remove them.
5. At this point, you are down to the main ARs...use a drill or dremel (if you have the right sanding bit) to clear out the peg base enough to pull out the spring-loaded portion of the AR. Again, a hemostat really helps.
6. In order to help remove the spring-loaded AR, you can carefully use a narrow drill bit to go through the turret's "air input." It should weaken the spring-loaded piece so that it can more easily bend and fit through the peg base.
7. After this, if you're using relatively thick stefans (think: fit well in OMC's medium wall PETG) you are good to go. If not, 17/32" brass fits perfectly into the barrels. I get ~70 feet with 6" barrels of this type. The barrels are very solid; I always worry about my PETGed one's barrels breaking off of the barrel stubs.

Pro tip: you can use a second AT2k turret (what Nerfer only has one? I mean, seriously?) to help line up the 17/32" barrels. Also, I put a pen cap between the barrels (for reinforcement), then wrapped e-tape around the barrels before removing the second turret; and now my barrels are perfectly straight!

If I could aim with a 2k in the middle of a war, it would definitely be my primary. Unfortunately, I just don't seem to have that capability. *sigh*

On the original topic: My PETG'd AT3k. I can aim with it insticntively for some reason. Unfortunately, my new foam (from McMaster) is too small for the Medium wall PETG that's on it. Note to self: get to work on barrel re-replacement.

Edited by jwasko, 03 October 2008 - 09:59 AM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#19 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:36 PM

Posted Image
Need I say more?
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#20 Natbeanz

Natbeanz

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 04:46 AM

My favourite Primary is my Longshot, that gets a terrible range but its funny none the less.
-NB

Edited by Natbeanz, 07 October 2008 - 12:51 PM.

QUOTE(Groove @ Jan 8 2009, 05:11 PM) View Post

Do me a favor, take a deep breath, and get some of that sand out of your vagina.

WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY SEXY

#21 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:45 AM

Need I say more?

A rip off of Groove's beastly primary with the splitfire on crooked? Yeah, you do need to say more. like how Groove hasn't figured out where you lived and smacked you and taken your Crossbow to do it right, or just used his mind powers to conjure up a demon to hurl you back into the pits of hell. its an abomination.

Primary? Beastly SNAP.

Secondary? Beastly SNAP pistol... Oh yeah

Soon to be the CrossSNAP I have been designing.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#22 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:58 PM

Triple D:
-Minimized Couplered Big Blast
-AT2K
-SSPB
-Ranges:

Big Blast-100' (angled)
AT2K- 70' (angled)
SSPB-20' (angled)

Posted Image

Posted Image

What do you guys think about my beastly primary? :ph34r:
It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#23 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 01:13 PM

I think your beastly primary needs to be redone with less hot glue and more epoxy. Haha, no offense at all but you did go a little overboard with the hot glue.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#24 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 01:18 PM

I think your beastly primary needs to be redone with less hot glue and more epoxy. Haha, no offense at all but you did go a little overboard with the hot glue.

Yes I did :ph34r: . I just wanted to make everything stable.
It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#25 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 01:31 PM

Yes I did :ph34r: . I just wanted to make everything stable.

Well my friend, you could run that over with a train full of shit covered elephants and it would still hold together!

Yes... I just went there...
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users