Nf In A Recon

plus double spring recon(internal)

9 replies to this topic

#1 jerm78

jerm78

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:44 AM

I just started this project and realy there are no benifits of doing this because my double spring recon shoots a couple feet less than my moded NF.
Posted Image
I took the cap off the end of the tube and flipped it and put it back in
Posted Image
fully compressed
Posted Image

But I'm doing it just to see if it can be done and since I had a junk recon laying around I decided to give it a try. It's kinda like a LS internals just smaller. I attached the front of the plunger tube to the barrel and I need to find a way to make an air tight seal.
Posted Image
Posted Image

When you cock the gun it will push the plunger back to the catch(and load a dart)
Posted Image
Posted Image

I still have to make the catch, rig up the trigger system and reinforce were the bolt sled joins the marker
Posted Image

I want to keep it mostly internal so I will probably cut off the pull loop but it seems like it will work, I guess Ill find out when i'm finished.

#2 Guest_Killakit_*

Guest_Killakit_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:13 AM

Very nice. It looks really good. And it indeed does seem like it will work. If you can do this... you should try what I have been thinking about. Do you know about Ice's modification on the Longshot where he singles it with CPVC, you should definately try that with a Recon. Do you think it is possible?

#3 Zack Koukios

Zack Koukios

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:17 AM

props on doing something original. It looks good so far. I'm looking forward to seeing it completed.

#4 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:25 PM

Thank you.

You just brought me a step closer to completing my latest WIP, the SPARTA-nv2.0. All I have left to do now is... well, I'll keep that part secret.
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#5 rippen11

rippen11

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:33 PM

One thing: you can't cut off the pull loop completely because that is your plunger rod connected to it.
Very nice mod, can't wait to see the finished product.

Who says i buy balls from a store?

Nightfinder

Why is your cat in your arsenal? Perhaps it shoots LASERS?!?!

Captain Slug

#6 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:33 PM

It looks like the trigger is going to pop out of the shell two places in the place where you got the catch set up.

#7 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:01 PM

I had the same idea when I got my first Recon. I never went through with it though. Kudos on getting it done.
QUOTE(baghead @ Dec 31 2008, 07:58 PM) View Post

Wait a second? a Canadian National team... just won at Hockey!?

who would have ever seen that coming?

#8 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:36 PM

Very nice. It looks really good. And it indeed does seem like it will work. If you can do this... you should try what I have been thinking about. Do you know about Ice's modification on the Longshot where he singles it with CPVC, you should definately try that with a Recon. Do you think it is possible?

That is a Really Dumb Plan. Singled Longshots make sense to some small degree, since they are primary material. The ONLY good thing about the Recon is the ROF. Singling it would just be one more notch in your Bandoleer of Idiocy.

On topic: This is interesting, but I'm not sure how well that marker is going to work without a proper breech system.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#9 jerm78

jerm78

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:50 PM

On topic: This is interesting, but I'm not sure how well that marker is going to work without a proper breech system.

I have been using a marker in this recon for a few months now and it works fine. When I got it from my friend he melted up the barrel trying to get the restrictors out and I fixed it by replacing it with the marker.

#10 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:35 AM

I tried something like this last summer, in an attempt to keep the ROF of the Recon, but have the power of the Nite Finder.

I generally used the same idea as you, except tried to make a more efficient seal between the barrel and the plunger. In the end, my lack of time and decent supplies made me toss it aside before I went off to college. However, my cocking mechanism was on the outside. I left the handle on the plunger rod, but reinforced it and made it more of a hook shape.I then adhered a dowel rod to the slider on the Recon, and lined it up so that it would push the handle back, but when you slid the bolt forward, because of the hook shape of the plunger rod, it allowed you to do this without interfering with anything else.

And another place I ran into a problem was with the trigger. In all honesty, it's a very difficult and LONG distance to rig a trigger up. On most guns, the trigger is mildly close to the catch plate. However this is quite a distance, AND the catch plate is in a spot where there is NO dead space, so your trigger mechanism will have to protrude from the shell even the smallest amount. Which will cause it to be vulnerable, AND it is in the spot where you grip the gun.

Honestly, it's just too much work for not that great of results. Just get a Longshot and Angel it. Less work, less frustration.
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users