Dart Tag/pop Shot

A Pop Shot in a Dart Tag gun

8 replies to this topic

#1 jerm78

jerm78

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:21 AM

This is not the finished gun because I can't find a trigger system I like. Not familiar with the Pop Shot, check this post X-Tream Air Pop Shot . I have spent hours messing with this and I'm giving up for now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I glued A o-ring from a AT2k to the tip of the Pop Shot
Posted Image

It's hard to explain the trigger system I'm using now but it's a screw with a rubber head, a spring and a pull cord. I have to open the gun back up to take a picture of it.

Posted Image

I will post more when I finish(If I ever finish)

#2 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:23 AM

Interesting mod for a last resort. But I have one question, Is the DTB trigger what fire the gun or is the key ring that was hanging out of the middle of the gun? Nice work. Also ranges would be nice.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#3 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:08 PM

I'm fairly certain that, due to the way the Pop Shot fires, the Key-Ring is the trigger for the firing mechanism. I'm also assuming the original trigger was retained in order to operate the turret's rotation mechanism.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#4 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:31 PM

Interesting mod for a last resort. But I have one question, Is the DTB trigger what fire the gun or is the key ring that was hanging out of the middle of the gun? Nice work. Also ranges would be nice.

Dude, ranges are almost always bullshit. And seriously, did you even look at those pictures? I'm pretty sure if you use your brain you'll be able to figure out that the key ring fires it. I doubt he put it there for fucking decoration.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#5 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:10 PM

Dude, ranges are almost always bullshit. And seriously, did you even look at those pictures? I'm pretty sure if you use your brain you'll be able to figure out that the key ring fires it. I doubt he put it there for fucking decoration.

Hey, my ranges are 100% bullshit free! :P

#6 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:13 PM

That and, good luck getting ranges with an unfinished mod. Read his posts fucktard.

#7 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:58 PM

Hm.. Great trigger system, at least the way it looks from the pics. What kind of ranges did this gun get after your Barrel replacement in that other topic? 40 feet or so? We're all eager to hear definete ranges once the mod is finished. But regardless of the ranges, I think I would rather integrate a Big Blast. Like this one. In that one, the ranges are small because of dead space most likely, but that is fixable. This is nice and compact though.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#8 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:15 PM

Yeah, Sorry about that.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#9 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:30 PM

Try putting a Mega Missile in there. I got mine yesterday and I absolutely LOVE IT!
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users