Dart Tag Air Restrictor Removal

4 replies to this topic

#1 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 445 posts
  • u/lucian151 on Reddit

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:31 PM

All I did was remove the Air Restrictorís since I only Nerf with the intention of playing indoors, and I thought flamebo388ís write up was in need of pictures and was a bit Vague.

Step one------ Open up you gun, the screws are all the same except on the Slide. Although the placement of those two should be known once you take them out.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Step two------ Now that you Dart Tag gun is open, gently take out the barrel, and place the end of it on the side for later.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Step three------ Notice those 5 screws on the black side of the barrel, remove them and take out the Air Restrictors

Posted ImagePosted Image

Step four------ Now with a Dremel, Hot-knife, or Needle-nose pliers (which is what I chose to do, with this particular gun, whatever floats your boat) remove the post and the inner part of the A.R.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Step five------ Put the A.R.ís back in the barrel and put the five screws back in. Then place the barrel assembly back in the gun.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Step six------ Next, put the shell back together, and proceed to put all the screws in, including the ones on the slide.

Step seven------ Now, give her a test shot and enjoy your results

This write up only covers Air Restrictor Removal, feel free to insert a new spring and other crazy modifications, or even re-barrel it. I did this so there would be an updated write up for this, since flamebo388ís write up had dead pictures and was vague in some areaís, since I wrote this for beginners and others of an intermediate level.

I would like to thank Flamebo388 for the initial mod, and reason to make this write up. And Pvt.McFlurry for proof reading this and criticizing it.

P.s I have no clue why the pics are so low quality, when I uploaded them they lost their quality
~Lucian

Edited by Lucian, 30 September 2008 - 10:23 PM.

Contact me for design consultation relating to 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser Cutting. I am always happy to collaborate on viable Open Source projects and/or business ventures. 

#2 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:28 AM

Good, clean write up. Even if you Nerf indoors I would reccomend doing barrel replacements, as that will practically eliminate dart drop in an indoor environment.

#3 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 445 posts
  • u/lucian151 on Reddit

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:36 AM

Thanks, I could replace the barrel, but I just dont want to put $10+ of Brass into it and I pefer using mega darts so all I have are stock darts for it. And my new kittens destroyed all my 1/2" FBR

Contact me for design consultation relating to 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser Cutting. I am always happy to collaborate on viable Open Source projects and/or business ventures. 

#4 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:47 AM

Thanks, I could replace the barrel, but I just dont want to put $10+ of Brass into it and I pefer using mega darts so all I have are stock darts for it. And my new kittens destroyed all my 1/2" FBR

How do megas fit in the stock barrels?

#5 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 445 posts
  • u/lucian151 on Reddit

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:11 AM

They dont, I am just saying since I cant use Megas, all I have are stock 1/2" darts so I am not going to bother rebarreling this gun, plus its a loaner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users