Photo

Give Nerfers Some Respect

42 replies to this topic

#26 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:46 AM

Post common people are acutally pissed off my the douche bag attitude of the common airsoft or paintball player. At MNNO yesterday, this guy walked up to us, asking what we were doing, and he seemed quite impressed when someone in our group said "Nerf, we mess around with the blasters to make them shoot harder and whatnot" and this guy was like "Wow, its actually putting input into your hobby" and it helped that we were all wearing colorful clothes and for the most part, looked like we were having fun instead of being serious. Nerf is by no means a serious hobby. If you really think you look badass running around with plastic TOY guys that are brightly colored, you need a reality check.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#27 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 01:20 PM

Respect is earned in all sports be it paint ball, NERF, or airsoft. And not all airsofter's are bad guys, most of them transfered their interests from NERF to airsoft. As for upgrades, we spend our money on CPVC, FBR, PVC, plastic sheets, PETG, various rubber hoses, and connectors. Airsofter's buy upgrades for their gear that requires vast amounts of knowledge on how to take apart a gearbox and put it back together (correctly) again or upgrade a gas valve to get more efficency out of it or even fabricate their own guns (google killbucket). Sure the upgrades for either sport are by no means a comparison as airsofter's spend up to 1000's of dollars to get their guns to be beasts, just like we do with NF, LS, MS, BBB, BBBB, CB, and others on a cheaper level. Its the same thing if you think about it, but they spend more money on flashier shit than we do. As for paint ballers...every one hates them. Aiarsofter's and NERFers alike. They're the douche bags of the world that don't deserve respect because they spend the most money on their gear or on paint balls.

At least airsofter's and NERFers call their hits. So all in all airsoft and NERF are parallel sports with more money spent on Airsoft than NERF. With paint ball being the worst sport every one hates. In the end respect in any sport is not on how much money you spend, what you buy, or how much you have, its how you play. Thats how respect is earned. And not all people are bad in wither sport, but some are misguided.

Just Some Bob said it better than I could.

Edited by nerfsharpie6, 28 September 2008 - 01:36 PM.

We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

#28 m14

m14

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:13 PM

We may be wusses(sorry I don't know how to spell that), but we have good creative minds.

Who are you calling a Wuss?

I wasn't calling anybody a wuss. I have been called a wuss by paintballers and airsofters because I play nerf.
I believe in the true lord Joseph Stalin. Problem?

#29 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:39 PM

Holy Christ. I was away for 3 days and stupid ass topics like this pop up. I can't believe this went on for 3 pages. I should ban everyone in this god damn topic. Please, just stop it already with the retarded posts.
I hate you.

#30 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:10 PM

The reason I Nerf is because I find it fun to turn a seemingly harmless child's toy into a riot control weapon. If a person can't see the genius that and think paintball is better, well then they're very small-minded. I shot a kid at point-blank once with a singled AT2K and left a welt, from then on he never talked crap about Nerfers. That's what he got for claiming "Nerf don't hurt."
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#31 smeagolsaur

smeagolsaur

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:15 PM

I'll say it on a paintball site and see if I get flamed.

Post it on pbnation.com and send me the thread so I can watch :D

Edited by smeagolsaur, 01 October 2008 - 08:15 PM.

#32 nerfer192

nerfer192

• Banned
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:21 PM

CROW I think the same thing. One kid said "Oh I'm so scared of a foam dart" it pisses me off.

If he has airsoft you should be like "oh im so scared a little peice of plastic"

Oh and yes, I play paintball, and I dont really think one is better than the other.

Paintball has more action(I think), and is more expensive, yet nerfing is less expensive, and you have the community aspect. You have to be really good to get on a pb team, but with nerf, noone really cares how much you suck.

Edited by nerfer192, 01 October 2008 - 08:24 PM.

The first time I made stefans I made them without weights.

92% of teens have moved on to the N-Strike line.
If you are part of the 8% who still use real old guns,
copy and paste this into your signature

woot I use at3k.

#33 m14

m14

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 05:54 AM

Post it on pbnation.com and send me the thread so I can watch :blush:

I will do that.
I believe in the true lord Joseph Stalin. Problem?

#34 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:05 AM

Post it on pbnation.com and send me the thread so I can watch :)

I will do that.

If they follow you here and I have to deal with even one paintball troll you can consider your membership forfeit.

VACC

#35 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:01 AM

I don't get why some people hate Nerf or call it gay. When you use stock guns, you don't feel it much. But when airsofters start calling me gay 'cause I am working on my cousin's LS in my garage, I just take out my Titan and shoot them. But at I'm at least 80' away to prevent killing anyone. Now the airsofters in my neighborhood all leave me & my nerfing buddies alone 'cause they don't wanna get shot. I mean, an ARless LS to me hurts more than a paintball to the nuts, and many of my buddies can attest to that. That's what they get for saying Nerf doesn't hurt.
American society: A legitimate clusterfuck since 1965.

#36 smeagolsaur

smeagolsaur

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:10 AM

I mean, an ARless LS to me hurts more than a paintball to the nuts, and many of my buddies can attest to that.

Wrong-o

#37 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:17 AM

my upper arm skin is really soft unlike my torso skin that is like leather, and many pissed off GFs have kicked me in that... particular place so I don't feel much pain there, which would explain that odd phenomenon. Don't ask about the GFs please...

#38 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:46 AM

my upper arm skin is really soft unlike my torso skin that is like leather, and many pissed off GFs have kicked me in that... particular place so I don't feel much pain there, which would explain that odd phenomenon. Don't ask about the GFs please...

Ever stopped to think you might not be making good relationship choices? You may also want to put a shirt on and stay out of the sun... I mean, who do you think you are, Ice?
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#39 FERD

FERD

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 04:02 PM

Who gives a shit, we all respect eachother and thats enough (at least it is for me). I have two friends that were making fun of me so i offered to have a war and they said whatever. By the end of that war i had both of them begging me to lend them a gun. Anyway back on topic, i dont think we should give a shit what other people think. If people think there elite because of there hobbie, well then fuck them. WE love what we do and that is all that matters.

Who were your two friends??
Im not nice...................... I KICK BABIES

#40 najmodder0424

najmodder0424

• Banned
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 04:40 PM

Shoot someone with a plugged Titan at 20 feet, and then let me know if they still think youre a wussy. Haha.

Haha. But it's true, and 10 feet is even worse than airsoft at 3 feet. Trust me its happened to me. Ine the ear, and butt.

The whole attraction of nerf is that it's totally silly; if you don't realize that, you need to reconsider the way you approach the hobby. Silliness is a GOOD thing; we strip away all the mil-sim bullshit and machismo that surrounds sports like paintball and airsoft, and are left with the thing itself: combat-based TAG. When you don't worry about impressing the rest of the world, you can focus on talent. There is a tremendous amount of synaptic activity on this forum, which is a really special thing in this age of mass mediocrity. I like the fact that we are a pretty underground group, and are likely to stay that way. Geekiness gives us an opportunity to look past the kinds of superficialities that tend to permeate sports. ~Rork

Um...let's see. I nerf, I play sports, And i have a good rep. That statement isn't completely true.
You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.

-Eric Hoffer (1902-1983)

Rabbit + Hunting Bullet from a hunting rifle = exploded rabbit

#41 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:30 PM

As many people have already said, airsoft/nerf/paintball are different sports. Airsoft is more mil-sim and nerf isn't. I play airsoft and as Falcon said: It doesn't matter what kind of gun you have, or how fast your gun shoots in nerf, it matters how good you are in playing the game. Of course you don't look cool, but that's missing the point, and besides, I don't think anyone has attempted a successful "skip rush" in airsoft.
P.S. I play airsoft, it's completely different, and personally, I like nerf better because it's cheaper, and you can play it more often without concern for the cops coming to your house because they see you with a rifle.

#42 ShadowFire

ShadowFire

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:00 PM

I like nerf because the type of ranges vary so much. 35-200ft
It makes it all the more glorious when you take out a key player with a maverick.
It's really hard to sneak around with a LS or modded bigblast.
When all else fails grab a maverick.
I got three people at school interested in nerf by bringing in a modded nf for a physics project.

#43 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:23 PM

Ever stopped to think you might not be making good relationship choices? You may also want to put a shirt on and stay out of the sun... I mean, who do you think you are, Ice?

Actually, Draconis, I always manage to get a good GF, but wind up when they break up, they are reembodiments of Satan (not literally, of course) and like to leave their mark. Sucks for me. I always do that, I fish almost daily until sundown when I don't have school. And no, I don't. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users