Who Saw That?

the bs about Nerf being dangerous

14 replies to this topic

#1 nerfmodderz96

nerfmodderz96

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:06 AM

Who saw that CBS bullcrap about Nerf being dangerous? :) If you didn't here's an update. A kid primed the Recon and the "Armed" orange bar caught his arm and gave him a little cut. Well now I think that they're going to change their Recon design to prevent sueage. Haha, sueage get it? :P Anyway comments Questions? Yea I think it's stupid too.
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain

#2 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:10 AM

This as been a topic already. The recons are being recalled.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#3 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:20 AM

They aren't so much recalling them as sending people a tube to put over the plunger. At the last Ohio war, people were comparing the recons with and without the plunger rod cover. The one with the cover had had it stock, so I think that is all they are doing to the design.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#4 Guest_fadinglight4_*

Guest_fadinglight4_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:15 PM

They made a little too much of a big deal out of this.

#5 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:59 PM

To say that "Nerf is dangerous" is an overstatement. For one, nerf guns are designed for safe indoor use, as with the original nerf ball. Two, it's just the Recon that's hurting people, and three, only the stupid kids who aren't careful around the moving parts are the ones who get hurt. That narrows it down to a single gun and some kids who just aren't careful enough.

It's not nerf that's dangerous, it's just the combination of dumb people and a gun with a design that isn't idiot proof. (Just so you guys know, I'm not directing this at anyone here, just the overreaction of the media to something so small)
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#6 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:58 PM

Do you realize how much effort it takes to hurt yourself with a recon in this manner? How incredibly stupid someone has to be to do this?

It's mind-boggling.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#7 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:09 PM

As to answer both your questions: Yep. and if you are dumb enough to cut yourself with a Recon, you shouldn't even be allowed to have a Nerf gun. And Captain, they can be if you are hit in the eye, but as I said before, if you're stupid enough to do that, you shouldn't be allowed to have a nerf gun.
American society: A legitimate clusterfuck since 1965.

#8 xbox180

xbox180

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:53 AM

The media makes a bigger deal the it should of been.
"Congrats on Buy a Peice of Plastic thats most likely older than you, for half- a grand, your awesome man." Nerf Monkey

My Webpage
MY Youtube

#9 123caviler

123caviler

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:31 AM

As to answer both your questions: Yep. and if you are dumb enough to cut yourself with a Recon, you shouldn't even be allowed to have a Nerf gun. And Captain, they can be if you are hit in the eye, but as I said before, if you're stupid enough to do that, you shouldn't be allowed to have a nerf gun.

That is why they include eye protection in some guns, and all of them say that you need to wear eye protection.

Edited by 123caviler, 14 October 2008 - 04:43 PM.

QUOTE(One Man Clan @ Mar 15 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

O YEAH!
Mr.Kool_Aid,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended. blah blah blah

OMC is fucking god.

#10 nerfmaster10194

nerfmaster10194

• Banned
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:25 PM

[b]This was already a topic doofus!

#11 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:25 AM

Good day sir.

nerfmaster10194,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended.

Your account will not be functional until March 8, 2036 6:22AM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Board Address: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php
I hate you.

#12 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:16 AM

Life is dangerous, people just need to realize that. If they don't, then they will be the cause of human declination. Everything we do is a potential risk to our well being. Unfortunately there are some hot-minded people who would like to have money in the case that when something little and stupid occurs.

And that's why there are lawyers, and no one really likes them.

When someone says something is dangerous, I love to give them my point on it. Sometimes I show them that even though it's dangerous, it's still possible.

The basis of the original claim is just fear.
--Modify a blaster for a kid and he'll be entertained for a week. Teach him how to modify blasters and he'll become an engineer--
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!
--Silly emo kids, go draw yourself a picture--

#13 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:38 PM

This thing has been blown way too far out of proportion by the media. My local walmart had every single last recon that they had for sale (entire shelves of just recons) and a banner all around the store saying "WARNING DANGEROUS TOY!" and a picture of a recon, highliting the plunger.

I agree that if you make a mistake, you learn from it. "You touch the stove, you get burnt, you don't touch it again". Humans learn from mistakes and if they get hurt from those mistakes, chances are they won't do it again. Taking something away just because it is dangerous if used improperly is rediculuos. That's like taking saws away from lumberjacks, because they might hurt themselves. But whatever, saying this won't change hasbro's mind.

-Wes
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#14 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:16 PM

I just find it funny that by the time the media got a hold on the situation, Hasbro had already changed the design, and implemented a fixit recall for all of the version 1.0 units. But they don't tell you that, do they.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#15 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:32 PM

Nope.
American society: A legitimate clusterfuck since 1965.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users