Photo

Mnno Recap Thread.

You weren't the only active Nerfers today.

22 replies to this topic

#1 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:39 PM

Great war, but pretty small. I think at peak we had maybe 15 people? (help me out venom) but none the less, a good fun war.

Met lots of new people, had alot of people prove themselves more and more, but Zudikas, pick a gun then stick with it. First round he kept switching guns.

Also, as great as it is to have more rushers, it was a bit annoying when my non douche bag side didn't want to point blank them with my SNAP or Diskshot.

Pros
-Nerfing
-Gettin paid for some foam
-Finding out how FUCKING GREAT OMC's petg fits my darts. Its like they were made for each other
-Having fun rounds all day (until I left that is)
-Having some funny video, picture and all around, funny footage. Im looking forward to the Quad Whopper
-Having the only home made gun there, and having it perform beautifully.
-The drink holder on my SNAP. That made a fun round

Cons
-Being asked to leave TWICE (once from the Pagoda, and once from the tower by parents of children)
-Chin shot with Gage's Crossbow. That wasn't fun
-Having my Dishshot break on me
-Having the stock on my SNAP break, but being able to fix it with duct tape was good

Thats about it. I expect pictures and videos on the double

Edited by BustaNinja, 27 September 2008 - 07:46 PM.

Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#2 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:52 PM

That was a fun war.

Pros:
Lots of fun
getting some good footage
the ridiculous rounds
having some new nerfers
Busta's drink holder that was attached to his snap
This Daniel guy who should start nerfing with us was really intelligent and has access to molding supplies and such like that so hopefully he will make new cases or some interesting things.
A guy who got out of a car stoned walked over to us and started rambling about assassins and Busta never showed his face to him because he knew him.
Calling Messiah during lunch and asking him how his balls were and all he said in return was shut up.
Zudikas actually shooting a squirrel with a singled roto rocket

Cons:
the ground beehive
getting shot from 1 foot away with a sm1500 and it still hurts(it was about 4 hours ago)
all of the rushing the new nerfers did
Not making any darts because all of my stuff was at goose islands house
getting burrs or whatever they are called stuck all over me
Venom's sister not taking a lot of pictures...

Yeah I do remember that sm1500...
Also, those of you who care send me a pm of the song you would like to have in the video and I will pick the best one that fits with the video.

Edited by NerfCrazy, 27 September 2008 - 10:29 PM.

#3 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:12 PM

Too bad I missed this! A drink-holder on a SNAP sounds awesome!
Gimme back my bullets....

#4 MercenaryXero

MercenaryXero

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:19 PM

This was a pretty great first war. Met dudes, shot dudes.

Pros:
-Good Nerfing
-Decent weather (But the sweatshirt helped a lot.)
-Nothing breaking
-Ghetto chain, fuck yeah
-Not losing (or using) that many darts
-Ridiculous gun round

Cons
-Fucking bees in my shoe
-Minimal tower rounds
-Slowing pace the hour or so before I left
-Not having that great of guns
-Frequently moving stuff around

I'm thinking of greatly improving the ghetto chain, would it merit its own topic? Also, ideas for drink-rails have been floating through my head all day...

#5 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:45 PM

I'm uploading the pictures now. My sister only took like 5 and three of which are the group shots, so we'll have to rely on the video. Here's my highlights

-Meeting four new forum members, two of which haven't even been validated.
-That Daniel guy showing up at the end and talking to him for a really long time. He is very polite and intelligent. I would love to actually nerf with him sometime.
-That guy talking with us about how he knew the guy who invented some nerf guns. Can someone who was actually there elaborate a bit?
-Having a lot of people look at us like we were crazy.
-That one weird stoner dude coming over and everyone being afraid to talk to him.
-Those stock gun kids showing up and everyone wondering who the hell they were.
-Calling Messiah during lunch, then later him calling me in battle and having him say he did it on purpose to screw me up.
-Thinking that Daniel guy was just an interested guy passing through, only to find that he is actually a validating member on NH. He said he was hoping he would make it in time, so we wouldn't all be gone, he did.
-My SM750 doing very well, sorry for all the painful shots.
-Getting the 1500, Big Salvo, and Foam without problems.
-Busta's Snap actually doing really well.
-Giving Zudikas a Suicide because he didn't say what kind of pop he wanted.
-Getting a dart lodged in a tree with my Roto Rocket.
-Shooting Squirrels.
-Not having any gay competitions over who is better with Zudikas.
-Xero being the 3rd person to show up, which I found amazing since he is a rookie.
-Not being able to stop laughing during the beginning of the ridiculous guns round.
-Having a lot of darts, which was good for Gage because he didn't have any.
-Scott's SM1500 not being nearly as scary as Ryan's was at MNCSO, do you remember that Gage? The freaking thing shot so hard that just the sound of the darts clanging against the playground scared the shit out of me.

Lowlights
-Shooting Rockzo in the face
-Losing in Vets vs Noobs. I think it was because I wasn't warmed up yet and didn't have my gun of chouse picked out, and neither was anyone else.
-Bringing waaaayyyyyyy too much shit again. Then having to move it like 100 yards later. I learned from my mistake the hard way, I am definitely going to reduce my amount of stuff.
-Getting kicked out of the pagoda right after the first round. At least they actually had a permit. I can definitely see why, tons of people in that Chinese golf or whatever it's called tournament.
-Some mom getting pissed at us for playing the tower round, but it was still fun as hell.
-The hornets nest, and getting stung by one, so did many others.
-Point-blanking Rockzo when I could have tapped him. I didn't because I didn't know if he was going to shoot me or tap me back.
-One of my friends getting sick, the other not coming because his parents wouldn't take him. The final not coming because he didn't feel like it, and not answering any of my many calls when he knew I was calling.
-Not having any old vets. They are much better at keeping order and such, but it all works out.

Anyway, I'll probably think of more later. I think rookie of the war is definitely Xero. He was there for most of it, had a good attitude, didn't get pissed at people, and was fun to be around.

Edited by venom213, 27 September 2008 - 09:57 PM.

#6 Dr Rockzo

Dr Rockzo

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:00 PM

Good:
Winning a round.
Chasing down that one kid. Followed by shooting that one kid.
Laughing at stoners.

Bad:
Getting completely outgunned (except for ridiculous gun round)
AT2K decided to suck.
stefans sting.
Running straight into a tree while out of ammo then getting shot.
No tower round.

#7 tatertotguy

tatertotguy

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:51 PM

The MNNO was awesome. Just about as awesome as my quad whopper from BK.
Pros:great weather
no guns breaking
getting a ride to BK
shooting Gage with my SM1500 (just kidding)
lots of fun rounds
Cons:the stair infection complete with ground bee hive :D
getting hit in the balls with the Ultimator point blank
freaking asian golf or whatever it was

It was awesome I can't wait till the next one.
"So thats when she says, 'No that's my belly button'."

#8 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:21 PM

Sorry guys but when I plug my video camera in my computer says it isn't plugged in. I am hoping to get it uploaded in a week or less.

#9 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:11 PM

Sorry guys but when I plug my video camera in my computer says it isn't plugged in. I am hoping to get it uploaded in a week or less.

Please do. I want to see the nutshots and ball hits.

#10 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:12 PM

I'm uploading the pathetic amount of pictures that my sister took. I should have them on a little later.

I forgot to mention Zudikas completely owning Scott with my Big Salvo by delivering four head/faceshots in a row.

#11 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:42 PM

I finally figured out where I knew that stoned kid from. He went to me old church. He was busted at a church event for smoking pot oddly enough.

But it was a good war. Expect to see me running around with a Cross SNAP next time. I am hoping to get the foam needed to make something like it. It should be comfy.

Upload all your footage and pics for the war. Next time, I will take some pictures.

#12 MercenaryXero

MercenaryXero

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:51 PM

Busta, your SNAP has convinced me that they can look really good, with the right modifications. So I plan to drop by Menards this weekend and pick up supplies. Is there anything required that cannot be found there? (I was thinking springs)

#13 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:52 PM

Heres what uploaded so far. The rest are a pic of Vulcan kid, my sister's friend with a gun, and some more group shots that are very similar.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by venom213, 30 September 2008 - 09:55 PM.

#14 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:02 PM

Busta, your SNAP has convinced me that they can look really good, with the right modifications. So I plan to drop by Menards this weekend and pick up supplies. Is there anything required that cannot be found there? (I was thinking springs)

Spring has to be bought at ACE along with all the fittings and whatnot for the Plunger setup. You will not be able to buy the right Fender washers and screws. Make two trips, one to Menards, and one to ACE. Also, if you plan to do what I did, Zip Ties and good glue are essential. All the pipe and whatnot can be bought at Menards, and the couplers are really good. Especially the big 1 1/4th one you need.

#15 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:03 AM

Spring has to be bought at ACE along with all the fittings and whatnot for the Plunger setup. You will not be able to buy the right Fender washers and screws. Make two trips, one to Menards, and one to ACE. Also, if you plan to do what I did, Zip Ties and good glue are essential. All the pipe and whatnot can be bought at Menards, and the couplers are really good. Especially the big 1 1/4th one you need.

I was able to get everything but the spring, the aluminum rod (subbed a wooden dowel,) and the silicone lube at Menards. I had to go to checker to get the lube and TrueValue to get the springs. [/hijack]

Edited by Bullet Dragon, 01 October 2008 - 12:04 AM.

Gimme back my bullets....

#16 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:01 PM

I was able to get everything but the spring, the aluminum rod (subbed a wooden dowel,) and the silicone lube at Menards. I had to go to checker to get the lube and TrueValue to get the springs. [/hijack]

Isn't that exactly what I just said? Or did you not read then post?

Plus, Menards sells Liquid Wrench Silicone Spray.

Home depot had the aluminum rod, and ACE might aswell. I didn't look.

#17 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 03:16 PM

In the abcense of this MNNO's video, I thought I might as well finish editing the last one's. It is done, so I should have it on youtube in a day or two, I might post a new thread just for it, most likely in general nerf. Don't worry, I kept the Messiah Nutshot that everyone has been asking for.

Edited by venom213, 12 October 2008 - 03:38 PM.

#18 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:09 PM

I want the link ASAP.

Bunghole.

That is all...
OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#19 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:29 AM

I present to you, something that has been delayed more than Duke Nukem, Halo 2, and Zelda combined, well maybe not that much. Nevertheless, it is long overdue, so here it is. This makes a great 400th post!

Edited by venom213, 13 October 2008 - 10:35 AM.

#20 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 01:48 PM

15 people isn't small...not by a longshot (no pun intended).

Looks like an excellent turnout, for an awesome venue! Not sure I get what's so bad about newer players rushing, but whatever floats your boat. Looks like you've got a good solid thing going here.

You guys keep doing what you're doing like this, and the Season of Foam team may just have to make a stop in St. Paul, MN.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#21 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:44 PM

15 people isn't small...not by a longshot (no pun intended).

Looks like an excellent turnout, for an awesome venue! Not sure I get what's so bad about newer players rushing, but whatever floats your boat. Looks like you've got a good solid thing going here.

You guys keep doing what you're doing like this, and the Season of Foam team may just have to make a stop in St. Paul, MN.

Might? MIGHT!?? I will create a road block to get you to come nerf.

Also, this is a video from the war that happened almost 6 months ago. Not the newest one. The newest one has an awesome SNAP courtesy of me

#22 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:00 PM

I haven't watched the vid yet. I saw in the thread earlier today that the vid posted was an older one.

And I say "might" because there are only two war locations on our trip map that are set in stone, and those are Armageddon and Apoc. There are a TON on the list, but we haven't officially begun the mapping process yet. Don't panic...just keep on playing. The route/stops list/map will begin soon, so keep your eyes open for a new thread.

But if you put a road block in the way of our vehicle, don't expect it to survive the encounter. Nerf guns aren't the only things we can mod... :lol:

Edited by Falcon, 13 October 2008 - 07:01 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#23 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:04 PM

I haven't watched the vid yet. I saw in the thread earlier today that the vid posted was an older one.

And I say "might" because there are only two war locations on our trip map that are set in stone, and those are Armageddon and Apoc. There are a TON on the list, but we haven't officially begun the mapping process yet. Don't panic...just keep on playing. The route/stops list/map will begin soon, so keep your eyes open for a new thread.

But if you put a road block in the way of our vehicle, don't expect it to survive the encounter. Nerf guns aren't the only things we can mod... :lol:

Hahahaha. RC cars and Elder scrolls are of no use to you, when our ambush of winter jacketed bacon eating Minnesnowtans come out to attack. Nothing can repel the foam drenched in bacon grease. NOTHING!!

You seriously threatening the people who made threatening uncool?

Naw, Sam and Ryan already talked about hosting an invitational for all you coasters. Show you how its done in the midwest.... boy...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users