Photo

New Pump?

7 replies to this topic

#1 perezinthenet

perezinthenet

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:32 PM

I have a bike pump that I want to use on my beloved Titan but I need to know how to tell how many pumps to use so I dont destroy the tank, how do you know how many is too many?

#2 bogboogalars

bogboogalars

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:37 PM

Pump it untill the tank blows up then rebuild it and go one or two less pumps and you should be fine.

[/sarcasm]

#3 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 05:04 PM

I would just pump it up until you start to feel the pressure in the pump, then fire a dart. If the range with that amount of pumps is what you're looking for, stick with that, if not, go up a pump.
I remember someone weakened a section of his vinyl tube so that it would blow out before the tank did. You could try this, then if you over pump it, the vinyl tube will be real easy to replace. Then just do a pump less than that.

#4 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:05 PM

Or add a real pressure gauge to your setup. Most tire pressure gauges go up to about 60-70 PSI. You wouldn't want to go beyond that anyway. Check my Titan writeup for how I did it.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#5 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:15 PM

I can't imagine why you would want to go all the way up to 60 or 70 PSI. However, I think there are pressure gauge replacements in the directory, if I remember correctly.

One thing I'd suggest is to make sure you plug that pump well. I plugged the pump on my Titan with hot glue once to see how much the tank would take and after just over the pressure valve's limit, the hot glue blew out. I'd use epoxy or plumber's goop for it.
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

#6 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:06 PM

Pump it untill the tank blows up then rebuild it and go one or two less pumps and you should be fine.
[/sarcasm]

Well...umm...yeah....(speaking from personal experience:) one of my first mods was to connect a bike pump to the Titan air compressor, I pumped it about 10 times, although I wouldn't suggest that as at 15 the tank blew up....I never tested the range as I was stupid and couldn't fit it back into the Titan, so I just left it as a Bike Pump hot-glued to a Titan Compressor. Anyways, all I could say is that if you're planning to do this, make sure the pump has a gauge or something, and as CaptainSlug told me, about 30-35 PSI was good, and at 55 it should release the Overpressure valve, although I think I accidentally plugged that one.....if a Titan has an OP valve...i'm just confusing myself and others now so I think i'll stop...

#7 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:41 PM

Why not keep the gauge that the titan already has? Usually if you pump it to the max on the gauge, you have 2-5 mores pumps left (probably 1 with a bike pump).

Probably dead by now, or something.

#8 perezinthenet

perezinthenet

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 10:11 AM

I want to have to pump my titan less, 15-25 pumps for one shot is too much but i want the same amount of range

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users