What's Wrong With My Longshot?

Won't prime..

34 replies to this topic

#1 sub280

sub280

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:04 PM

Hey NIC, I purchased a longshot and did the basic mods to it, it shot great and didn't have anything wrong with it.
But all of a sudden it wouldn't prime, i opened it up and here is what i saw.

Posted Image

After i took the spring out i checked how far the boltsled would go an it wouldn't prime.

Posted Image

Then i noticed that the part that actually catches didn't go back far enough, like somehow it got shorter?

Posted Image

and yes i did push the barrel all the way back.

Posted Image

SO please help a guy out, has anyone else had this problemo?

Edited by sub280, 26 September 2008 - 07:13 PM.

I refuse to buy anything that involves Billy "TALKS SO LOUD MY EARS ARE GOING TO BLEED" Mays.

#2 sub280

sub280

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:12 PM

Oh yeah, i took it out to take the pic. but it does have a doubled catch spring.
sorry about that.

There is a catch spring, i just took it out to take the pic.
I refuse to buy anything that involves Billy "TALKS SO LOUD MY EARS ARE GOING TO BLEED" Mays.

#3 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:12 PM

Make sure the parts are in their grooves exactly. I had a similar problem from parts just not being in quite right.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#4 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:18 PM

it looks like your plunger tube is not seated properly
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#5 sub280

sub280

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:20 PM

Just Some Bob: Yes I did something similar to my catch.
And what e tape are you talking about? That black piece is part of the barrel, it's a new longshot. ;)

Bobafan: Yes I'm pretty sure everything is in the right place, it worked perfectly and it just stopped working.

Mr. Badwrench: Yes i did notice that, and when I put it back in properly I still had no luck... sadly *tear*

Edited by sub280, 26 September 2008 - 07:22 PM.

#6 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:21 PM

Posted Image

Where's that piece? It keeps the long shaft of the sled in place when priming, without it sometimes the whole sled will bend and just barely not catch.

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#7 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:27 PM

After I had Pm'd you and I looked at the picture again I noticed that the plunger is allined correctly, Try that and see what happens.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#8 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:00 PM

Basic mods including spring replacement?

The spring may be too long/ powerful, you may have to cut it down so the plunger will give a millimeter or so of space to prime.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#9 Lion

Lion

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:08 PM

I agree with keef, try taking out any added springs from the plunger and see it it will go back afr enought to catch then.

#10 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:51 PM

I had this problem with two out of the three longhots I've owned. When you try to cock the gun, does it feel like it gets stuck on something a centimeter before it would usually cock?

Edited by AssassinNF, 26 September 2008 - 10:52 PM.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#11 Daecu

Daecu

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:53 PM

The cross shaped peg on your spring housing should be on the other side of the gun in a hole >.> try that and it should line up correctly. If you need me to circle it I will.

Edit: Busta agrees, I just called the plunger tube a spring housing xD anyways, this piece:

Posted Image

Spin that around 180 and put it in the hole and everything will line up nice for you.

Edited by Daecu, 26 September 2008 - 11:00 PM.

#12 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:55 PM

If your plunger tube is facing the wrong way (as yours is) it will not cock.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#13 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:58 PM

The cross shaped peg on your spring housing should be on the other side of the gun in a hole >.> try that and it should line up correctly. If you need me to circle it I will.

If your plunger tube is facing the wrong way (as yours is) it will not cock.

Wow I didn't notice that. There's your problem.

#14 sub280

sub280

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:05 PM

AssassinNF: Well no not really, because the priming handle (two orange pieces that you use to prime) goes all the way back till it hits the shell and is suppose to prime.

Daecu, BustaNinja: It was working the way it is now but ill give it a try, give me about 5 mins.

I really appreciate all the help and advice, but nothing I've tried has seemed to work..
Im really trying to avoid singling it.

Any other ideas?

Edited by sub280, 26 September 2008 - 11:05 PM.

#15 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:06 PM

What mods did you do to it, exactly?

#16 Daecu

Daecu

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:07 PM

Could you maybe take another picture of the internals with everything you've tried? If it wasn't the spring on the catch or the line up of the tube, I'm at a loss for ideas just thinking about it. Its possible something moved while you were trying to fix it, I know this happens to me quite often at least B);;

Edit: Where is your sled catch?

Posted Image

Edit2: My circle is a bit off, I was thinking about the piece labeled as "Bolt Lock (2)" in this Picture by Captain Slug

Edited by Daecu, 26 September 2008 - 11:17 PM.

#17 sub280

sub280

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:10 PM

Well i removed the air restrictors by pulling it out with pliers, and it came out very cleanly.
Posted Image

I did keefs easy AR and peg removal by using pipe cutters and got out the peg then gooped it back together, and it came back together like i never opened it up after it was dry.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I did a BBB replacement, not an addition a replacement, just to make that clear.

And thats all I've done to it so far..

Edited by sub280, 26 September 2008 - 11:25 PM.

#18 AJZ

AJZ

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:17 PM

I think I know. Did you take off the plunger head? If you did, maybe you didn't fit it back on the grooves like a hexagon shape. Other than that, it looks like your spring isn't compressing back far enough. Maybe it has something to do with how you got rid of the air restrictor

#19 sub280

sub280

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:25 PM

I added some new pics in the post above.

#20 AJZ

AJZ

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:34 PM

You got me...maybe you you need to everything out and put it all back in again. If that doesn't work, than takee out the BBB spring and stick with the original plus a NF spring

#21 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:37 AM

This is such a simple fix guys... Come on, your plunger tube is rotated wrong. Thats the first problem. Those two tabs running down the length are supposed to be facing down towards the body of the gun. Then, that stupid little bolt lock needs to go. It doesn't really serve much of a purpose to my understanding other than pissing off our youth. So take that out. That should do the trick. Let me know if that doesn't work.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#22 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:12 AM

I know what's wrong. If you look inside the back of the bolt (the part that contacts the plunger-head and pushes the plunger back) you'll see that it has shifted by about an 1/8". I had this EXACT same thing happen to me. Your best bet is to pad it up a little with some foam or some e-tape on the front of the plunger head. Failing that, try to buy a new LS plunger-tube assembly.
Gimme back my bullets....

#23 Natbeanz

Natbeanz

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:38 AM

From what i can see, i think your catch needs to be about a 1-2 CM forward because it looks to far back. The trigger should be just touching it and yours isn't. Try it, Also i can't see that catch spring.
If its not those too , the spring might be too large.

-NB

Edited by Natbeanz, 27 September 2008 - 06:42 AM.

QUOTE(Groove @ Jan 8 2009, 05:11 PM) View Post

Do me a favor, take a deep breath, and get some of that sand out of your vagina.

WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY SEXY

#24 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:13 AM

I had a similar problem with my angel breech, it shot FINE for about 8 shots, and then stopped priming. Turns out my zap a gap broke, but that wasn't affecting it too much. I took some FBR, cut it in half lengthwise, and glued a ring of it onto the plunger head. This creates a 1/4 inch foam pad, that should push the plunger rod far enough. It worked for me...
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#25 sub280

sub280

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:07 AM

Ok guys I've just found out the problem...
I assume your familiar with the part that you pull out the air restrictor from, the inner and outer circle?
Well after i took out the inner circle, it must have weakened the outer one, and now the outer circle has come completely off.
It just slides freely back and forth, has this happened to anyone?

I can provide pics, but its very difficult to see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users