New Modding Material

wax

3 replies to this topic

#1 Zack Koukios

Zack Koukios

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:02 PM

I was just wondering if anyone else has used wax to plug the pump on any pump guns. I have used the wax you get at the orthodontists office, if you have braces to remedy sharp braces stuff, to plug the pumps on two AT2ks. All I do is mold it in my hands until its pliable, and put it in the hole pump a few times, rinse and repeat 2-4 times and its completely and utterly clogged with wax once it has gotten back to room temperature.

#2 Daecu

Daecu

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:05 PM

It will make an air tight seal just fine, but it won't be sturdy enough for a long term usage in my opinion. Hot glue is much better, some elasticity remains, but its solid enough and forms to lock in the pump valves, sticking to all surfaces.

#3 Zack Koukios

Zack Koukios

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:09 PM

It will make an air tight seal just fine, but it won't be sturdy enough for a long term usage in my opinion. Hot glue is much better, some elasticity remains, but its solid enough and forms to lock in the pump valves, sticking to all surfaces.

I would disagree. My plugged AT2K has been my primary for about 1.5 years now and it still has a perfect seal

#4 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:33 AM

Go for it. I always like it when people find creative ways to use random objects. I knew that dental wax would come in handy somehow. I've had my braces off for more than two years and I still keep all the tiny rubber bands and wax just in case.

Nice work!
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users