Couple Of Longshot Questions

Help A Fellow Aussie Nerfer Out

4 replies to this topic

#1 Frankie27

Frankie27

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:11 AM

First of all, I'm from Australia and just imported a longshot here for a small fortune. I love the gun and have already removed the ARs, added a NF spring, plugged up the hole in the barrel, removed all locks except the trigger lock, trimmed the clips to make them fit the bolt better and cut down the bolt in an attempt to make the gun shoot taggers. I haven't range tested yet but it seems pretty good. I have a couple of questions about the gun. I have searched and read quite a bit of info but I haven't really gotten answers. I would have asked these over at Nerf HQ but there server is down. Ok, here we go:

1) How do I remove the dart post but leave the "stick" across the barrel to prevent darts dropping into the plunger?
2) The right side handle of the gun doesn't pull back. Only the left side does. Why is this and how can I fix it?
3) Cutting all the way up to the bolt sled (but leaving a tiny lip) will hopefully make the gun shoot taggers. I would also have to dremel out the barrel a bit. What does cutting off all this stuff in front of the barrel do? Can I break my gun here?

Thank you very much for your time. I really will appreciate it.

Edited by Frankie27, 24 September 2008 - 07:11 AM.

Admin of No. 1 Australian Nerf Site - Oz Nerf

#2 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:05 PM

1) Take pliers and just twist the post out. However, you don't really need to worry about the darts getting sucked into the plunger tube since the barrel gets tight enough to prevent such mishaps. I hammered mine out completely and had no problems with stock darts or stefans.

2) You probably misaligned something when you put the bolt sled back into place. I don't know how exactly to fix it, but trial and error helped me fix mine. Then again I don't pull the bolt using the right side anyways.

3) Which mod are you referring to? I strongly suggest against making your LS shoot taggers.

#3 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:16 PM

1) How do I remove the dart post but leave the "stick" across the barrel to prevent darts dropping into the plunger?

After removing the air restrictor using the usual method, use a small X-acto knife and a hammer to cut the braces that hold the peg in place.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#4 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 03:55 PM

You stated that a Longshot is worth a small fortune where you live. I'm just wondering from being curious how much is a Longshot in Australia really worth?

Edited by Icespartan_1114, 24 September 2008 - 03:56 PM.

QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#5 Daecu

Daecu

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 04:58 PM

I'm sure the main part of that cost was the shipping Ice, its not like the gun itself costs anymore :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users