Photo

Google Chrome

13 replies to this topic

#1 Killzor

Killzor

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:06 PM

Anyone else out here using Google Chrome? I usually use Firefox, but I decided the give Chrome a try. So far it looks really good. I really like the fact that all the tabs are independent of each other.
CDO, it's OCD but put in alphabetical order, like everything should be

#2 bogboogalars

bogboogalars

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:11 PM

It is a little slow and not quite up to par when doing certain things but it's not a bad internet browser all around.

#3 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:25 PM

I used it for a couple hours, but got frustrated at the image save system, the tabs, and the lack of a proper homepage.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#4 boisie

boisie

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:53 PM

I use it on my slow comps. On my main one I use my customized Firefox, and its faster than chrome any day.

Who likes "Incognito"?
QUOTE(One Man Clan) View Post
You understand what you just did posting a picture of 4 girls on a message board chock full of nerdy virgins, right?
QUOTE(Foamfoot) View Post
Maybe if we download Ubuntu Christian edition, God will help us install it.

#5 bogboogalars

bogboogalars

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:23 PM

Yeah that is really cool, but you can replicate it in firefox and pretty much every other browser.

#6 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:15 PM

Here's an interesting article on Google Chrome.

It seems that Google may have reverse-engineered Windows to create Chrome. It's not clear yet whether or not Microsoft is going to whine about it.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#7 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:06 PM

I'm sticking with FFx just because I like it and I believe the company is doing a better job so far. I've seen nothing too great about chrome.

That and if I were to use it, it'd have to have a good FFx importer for the bookmarks and cookies. Transfering all those passwords wouldn't be fun.
--Modify a blaster for a kid and he'll be entertained for a week. Teach him how to modify blasters and he'll become an engineer--
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!
--Silly emo kids, go draw yourself a picture--

#8 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 03:16 PM

I've been using it since I DL'ed it a few weeks ago. I'm using it now as a matter of fact. Its OK, I've noticed some things about speed and websites but other than some speed and connectivity issues, I like it. You can import all your bookmarks from your MAIN browser only. I forget if it transfers your passwords or not, but it saves them and your username for convenient use later on.
We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

#9 Jabulus

Jabulus

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:42 PM

I've been using it since I DL'ed it a few weeks ago. I'm using it now as a matter of fact. Its OK, I've noticed some things about speed and websites but other than some speed and connectivity issues, I like it. You can import all your bookmarks from your MAIN browser only. I forget if it transfers your passwords or not, but it saves them and your username for convenient use later on.

So set your default browser to the one that you use more often, and problem solved.

I read an article about it, saying that it is based on similar coding to Safari, meaning it's supposed to be really fast. Apparently that's not the case. Our networking teacher says it keeps freezing up her computers, so she won't let us use it, but I've never heard of this occurring anywhere else. It's a good browser all around, but I think I'll stick to Firefox 3.
WARNING-THIS IS GETTING BRUTALLY OLD!

QUOTE(Echnalaid)

One screw was stripped on my titan, so I Falcon Punched it. Try a Falcon Punch.

QUOTE(chrisnisk)

Not to mention I got the secret achievement Brass Balls for it

#10 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:36 PM

Ya the best thing you can do right now is wait. Since its still in the beta phase of development its lacking in features. Buts its still a fun thing none the less. Oh and incognito mode FTW! I think its faster than my FF, but thats IMO.

#11 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:47 PM

Off topic, but what does FTW!! mean?

#12 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:14 PM

Yeah, I know it's a beta. Things can go wrong in them, then you get used to them and then they change. Like the new Facebook...

FTW is leetspeak/aimstyle/etc. for "For The Win," the Code of Conduct frowns upon that. I prefer "Fut the wuck?"
--Modify a blaster for a kid and he'll be entertained for a week. Teach him how to modify blasters and he'll become an engineer--
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!
--Silly emo kids, go draw yourself a picture--

#13 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:37 PM

I've never used facebook, and never will. It took me like two years just to get a myspace.

Right now the connectivity is getting on my nerves. But it loads everything all fast, its a love hate thing.

#14 Largo

Largo

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:30 PM

I liked it, but it took up to much space on my computer. I t was also a tad slow. Plus I just like Firefox better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users