Holiday L A N O 2008

Los Angeles Nerf Out Reborn >>>IMPORTANT: RECENT DATE CHANGE

61 replies to this topic

#26 RedHead

RedHead

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:17 AM

Yah, I'll be able to stay for the night portion. I think the area around the Event Center courtyard at GHS is gated though... sorry. still, this is gonna be Effeminate, intense, insanity! Woo!

Great, now I'm all worked up and I have to wait another month. Mmm...

And sweet! 1st post ever! (Sorry, I know, useless information)

-Red

Edited by RedHead, 23 October 2008 - 12:19 AM.

"My affluence makes a nonsense of the regulations!"
-Kaiba with mustache

http://www.escapistm...t-4-Dumb-Part-8

#27 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:49 PM

The area around the art building and event center is gated, yes. But the driveway that leads from the pavillion/speedlines/flagpole etc. is always open in the evening. If it isn't, the opening from the student parking lot most likely will be. You needn't worry; if for some reason it's closed, we still have the whole central corridor, which makes for some awesome games.

Bags, it just occurred to me. Remember our lame attempt at a bombing run game in the Pavillion, that was too easy because the goal was the whole wall? That is PERFECT fodder for a one-way team powerball game! WE shall be playing teh powerball.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#28 RedHead

RedHead

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:40 PM

"BUMP

this does not belong on the second page of Wars."
-Bags

Agreed.
And I'm not technology savey, so I don't know how to quote the correct way.

Edited by RedHead, 28 October 2008 - 06:42 PM.

-Kaiba with mustache

#29 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:06 PM

Use the quote buttons at the bottom right of people's posts. The "reply button will grab an entire post and quote it, taking you to the posting window with it already done for you, where you can cut out the parts of their post you don't need. The +quote button allows you to select more than one post before you hit the "Post Reply" button, and it will grab all of the posts you hit the +quote button for, and put them into your posting box just like the "reply button. Hope that helps!

As for LANO...just over a month away! Some of our cohorts in the Santa Ana area, notably Cheeseboy, are in contact with such old friends as Hubbard, etc., so we are working through him to see if we can't get some of our "vintage" friends to attend. Anyone else planning to show for the night portion? Looks like we'll have a good showing, regardless!
----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#30 clutchjunkie

clutchjunkie

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:05 PM

Hey! Guess who got validated finally!

Anyway, like I said on the SCUN website, I should be there +1. Look forward to meeting everyone. Looks like this will be a huge turnout so far.
Do not modify darts or dart blaster.

#31 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:49 PM

Hey! Guess who got validated finally!

Anyway, like I said on the SCUN website...

Rule number one of the SCUN site.
You do NOT talk about the SCUN site.

On a different note, glad you're coming!

I know it's a ways out yet, but keep this in mind, folks. We're expecting record attendance levels, and Effeminate gameply not seen since...since...well, two months ago at CAFF.
----------||||||||)

#32 raw shrimp

raw shrimp

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:15 PM

Damn. I might not make this one. There's a tournament the weekend after thanksgiving, and I don't know which team goes to that. That fact that I might not make it almost makes me wanna cry. And after missing BAGSFEST I realized much fun nerfing really is. :(

Edited by raw shrimp, 12 November 2008 - 08:17 PM.

#33 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:19 PM

I am seriously looking into being there. I might go, maybe show off my new project (Hint: Manta ray shield).

EDIT: Can't make it, prices of tickets too much. The farthest I can do is Oregon, guess I'll see you at one of the future LANOs.

Edited by Foamfoot, 15 November 2008 - 10:39 PM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#34 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:39 PM

I am seriously looking into being there. I might go, maybe show off my new project (Hint: Manta ray shield).

EDIT: Can't make it, prices of tickets too much. The farthest I can do is Oregon, guess I'll see you at one of the future LANOs.

^ dude If you are gonna quest down here save it for a Geddon or CAFF .

UPDATE on my peeps: Put down a Tentative +2 for T.O.N.Y. ( I don't know how long they'll stay though)

Pilz can only come for the morning... so he'll be driving seperate or whoever he rides with will only be there for the daytime.

I have at least a +1 in the from of one of my homies from UCI with the chance for more.

-Bags

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#35 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:39 PM

Wouldn't it be cool if I was in town?...O wait...

I am.

I'll see if my schedule is cool with it. Probably won't know till the week of.

O yeah. And I expect someone still has my gun from geddon-if you do please bring it, I kinda like that one.

Edited by AnyaSeijin, 21 November 2008 - 04:41 PM.

#36 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:05 PM

Wouldn't it be cool if I was in town?...O wait...

I am.

I'll see if my schedule is cool with it. Probably won't know till the week of.

O yeah. And I expect someone still has my gun from geddon-if you do please bring it, I kinda like that one.

I'm pretty Sure Greg has it. hot dang this war will be Effeminate.

#37 RedHead

RedHead

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:44 PM

Chalk me up +1 for the night portion!
Dang I'm excited for this war!
Woot!
-Kaiba with mustache

#38 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:33 PM

Due to some scheduling conflicts with many of SCUN's members, the date has been bumped back to December the 13th. Seijin, I have no clue what that spells out for you, but we really hope you can still make it out. And yes, I have that Blast Bazooka. I couldn't resist, though, so I apologize in advance for updating your mod a wee bit...

I know there are a lot of you who have expressed preference towards the 13th since I brought it up, so please call in so we have a solid estimate. Thanks!

Edited by Falcon, 27 November 2008 - 08:33 PM.

----------||||||||)

#39 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:54 PM

Due to some scheduling conflicts with many of SCUN's members, the date has been bumped back to December the 13th. Seijin, I have no clue what that spells out for you, but we really hope you can still make it out. And yes, I have that Blast Bazooka. I couldn't resist, though, so I apologize in advance for updating your mod a wee bit...

I know there are a lot of you who have expressed preference towards the 13th since I brought it up, so please call in so we have a solid estimate. Thanks!

I'm in FoSho.

Now I just have to decide on when I head up to G-town...be it the time of this war or the weekend before...

#40 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:00 PM

I'm still good.
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#41 RedHead

RedHead

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:19 AM

I'm in,
still +1 for the night portion.
-Kaiba with mustache

#42 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:13 AM

Put me down for sure +1

#43 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:47 PM

Lol. If you did the mod correctly, I won't beat you, and I'll have you do my other bazooka. lol

Its fine. I'm actually in the middle of moving back down here - Hunnington Area - So yeah, its cool.

#44 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:09 PM

You're moving back down...to Huntington Beach?

You realize that about 1/5 of SCUN's current active members are directly from HB, right?

Axelion and Soccerdog, meet Josh, your soon-to-be new carpool buddy. Josh, meet Axelion and Soccerdog, two of So Cal's newest and finest.
----------||||||||)

#45 soccerdog813

soccerdog813

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:08 AM

Sweet! A new person down in our area. If you ever need a ride message me or Axelion. We would be more than happy to help you out.

O and I am still in. Cant wait.

Edited by soccerdog813, 01 December 2008 - 04:10 AM.

#46 raw shrimp

raw shrimp

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:51 PM

Okay, so I finally have everything figured out, and I probably won't show up. I still might be able to go, if I don't make the line-up, and that seems a little unlikely. So don't expect me there. I guess I'll just have to wait for NANO...

#47 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:00 PM

Even though the date changed a while ago...I forgot to clarify
Watari- FoSho
CruxZader- Maybe
Guest #1- Maybe
Guest #2- Unlikely

As for the night portion, I highly doubt that we can make it, but if we do, all the people I bring (if any) will still be there
So for the night portion:

Watari - Unlikely
CruxZader - Unlikely
Guest #1 - Unlikely
Guest #2 - Unlikely

Well hey! It's better than not being able to go at all...

Edited by Watari, 02 December 2008 - 05:01 PM.

#48 clutchjunkie

clutchjunkie

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:38 PM

Crap, this new date puts me out of my first (and possibly only) nerf war.

I was looking forward to this, too. I've been wanting to get out and actually play, the one thing about nerf I didn't like was that I never actually get to use the blasters I spend so much time modding. Hopefully there there will be another decent sized war soon.
Do not modify darts or dart blaster.

#49 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:11 PM

Crap, this new date puts me out of my first (and possibly only) nerf war.

I was looking forward to this, too. I've been wanting to get out and actually play, the one thing about nerf I didn't like was that I never actually get to use the blasters I spend so much time modding. Hopefully there there will be another decent sized war soon.

Do like bags told me and wait for geddon.
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#50 kai

kai

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:04 PM

:unsure: oh im going with watari :D

watari +2

watari +1

Edited by kai, 02 December 2008 - 11:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users