What Type Of Fbr Fits Cpvc

cpvc fbr

10 replies to this topic

#1 xbox180

xbox180

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:31 AM

Do you guys know what type of F.B.R. fits cpvc best? I tried seaching and couldn't find anything.
"Congrats on Buy a Peice of Plastic thats most likely older than you, for half- a grand, your awesome man." Nerf Monkey

My Webpage
MY Youtube

#2 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:50 AM

You'll just have to search around. CPVC and fbr vary in size between batches as well as brand. The amount of difference also varies.
You can try to go with suggestions on here, but there is no way to know without testing them together.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#3 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:53 AM

While Bobafan gave you a very good answer, I feel the need to point out this topic right here,

Which happens to be on the first page of the "General Nerf" forum...you know, the one that you just posted a topic in.

To summarize it: Go to mcmaster.com and search for 93295K43. That stuff, depending on your CPVC's inner diameter (I've found that it varies a bit) should fit somewhat loose or somewhat tight. Either way, it should at least be a servicable fit if not the coveted "perfect fit."

Edited by jwasko, 23 September 2008 - 11:03 AM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#4 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:02 AM

If you have a ACE Hardware story nearby, I've found their house brand is pretty good for CPVC, but it's too loose for PETG or brass.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#5 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:31 AM

One of my friends get this type of foam off Ebay. It pretty good quality from what I have seen. It fits CPVC and 17/32nds brass also very nicely.

Here a link: http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=270276306646
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#6 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:33 AM

Why are there so many people approaching this backwards? You're supposed to find a good reliable supply of foam, and THEN shop around for barrels that fit your foam perfectly. Doing it the other way around is much more difficult and results in you wasting a great deal of time and money.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 23 September 2008 - 11:36 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#7 xbox180

xbox180

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:05 PM

I'm thinking it the type of fbr that ice uses, am I right?
"Congrats on Buy a Peice of Plastic thats most likely older than you, for half- a grand, your awesome man." Nerf Monkey

My Webpage
MY Youtube

#8 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:38 PM

I'm thinking it the type of fbr that ice uses, am I right?

Yeah your right.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#9 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:40 PM

If you have a ACE Hardware story nearby, I've found their house brand is pretty good for CPVC, but it's too loose for PETG or brass.

Just wanted to let you know that in fact it does fit in brass, just 17/32 not 9/16. Its a great barrel material and didnt want you to be excluded from its greatness.

Why are there so many people approaching this backwards? You're supposed to find a good reliable supply of foam, and THEN shop around for barrels that fit your foam perfectly. Doing it the other way around is much more difficult and results in you wasting a great deal of time and money.

Just to defend myself as you were probably reccolecting your reply in my thread a while ago, I had premodded guns using certain barrel material and I was seeking out NEW foam. Not the first foam.

However I would agree with slug in most cases and say that you should find foam that you like and fits in your price range (cheap foam is usually complete shit, IE frost king DO NOT BUY FROST KING!!!) and then locate barrel material to accomodate.

Edited by TimmyTown, 23 September 2008 - 11:29 PM.

QUOTE(rork @ Mar 16 2009, 05:30 PM) View Post

I, too "have recon," as they say. I get him in old country. Then I realize he sucks like bog. So I trade him for potato.

#10 BustaDartInYOurAss

BustaDartInYOurAss

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:12 AM

I get my Fbr straight from Home Depot, the Frost King brand. And i have to say, it fits my Cpvc perfectly (i get my Cpvc from ACE). So my answer to you would be, go See what home depot has. Also since we are on the topic of Fbr. Home depot also sells this very tough type of Fbr. It is still frost king, but it has a green tint to it and every time i go there they only have one out at a time.

#11 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 10:45 AM

I get my Fbr straight from Home Depot, the Frost King brand. And i have to say, it fits my Cpvc perfectly (i get my Cpvc from ACE). So my answer to you would be, go See what home depot has. Also since we are on the topic of Fbr. Home depot also sells this very tough type of Fbr. It is still frost king, but it has a green tint to it and every time i go there they only have one out at a time.

I second that opinion. Just look around and open the bags until it fits your barrel type(as in, bring some of your barrel material with you).
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users