Amazed with results.

71 replies to this topic

#51 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:35 PM

Kinda off topic, but does anyone know what Carbon uses for his trigger covers?

On most of his SNAPs, I haven't seen any trigger covers. Where as rork uses PVC.

Edit: Sorry, Sam beat me to it.

Edited by NerfOnFier, 22 September 2008 - 08:35 PM.

#52 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:35 PM

On a side note rork was that you that had the snap then added cardboard(or some similar material) on the side to make it resemble a plusbow?

Ok that thing was stupid as shit.

In my defense, I must say that was back in a time before I really understood homemades and was experimenting with designs. I have now successfully completed my +bow, and have also fabricated an aluminum plunger rod for it;I must admit that my "LID +bow" was rather childish.

On a side note, When people call homemades a rip-off of a SNAP it is not a fair accusation. Seeing as the SNAP is the foundation for most Nerf Homemades, most homemade springers can be traced back to it. I for one cannot wait to see this in action at SENO. If you do complete your +bow Rork, be sure to still bring the SNAPBow. After seeing it in action, I will edit in my thoughts on the gun.

A side of nerf

Edited by A side of nerf, 22 September 2008 - 08:37 PM.

Southeast Nerf Contingent

#53 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:38 PM

On a side note rork was that you that had the snap then added cardboard(or some similar material) on the side to make it resemble a plusbow?

In my defense, I must say that was back in a time before I really understood homemades and was experimenting with designs. I have now successfully completed my +bow, and have also fabricated an aluminum plunger rod for it;I must admit that my "LID +bow" was rather childish.

On a side note, When people call homemades a rip-off of a SNAP it is not a fair accusation. Seeing as the SNAP is the foundation for most Nerf Homemades, most homemade springers can be traced back to it. I for one cannot wait to see this in action at SENO. If you do complete your +bow Rork, be sure to still bring the SNAPBow. After seeing it in action, I will edit in my thoughts on the gun.

A side of nerf

I believe I will be the first one to use it at a war? I'm bringing it to DCNO.

#54 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:43 PM

A side of nerf

I believe no one cares?

I do know that I will be going after you every time at DCNO.
Teehee.

#55 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:45 PM

There's no need to be a dick, and a post whore. If your going to post in my topic, your not going to be an asswhole.

#56 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:03 PM

Oh, I'm the post whore? Looks like you've replied in every thread about 5 times minimum with the most useless shit to add. And just because its your topic doesn't mean you run the show big guy. Cry me a river. Looking at the last 10 posts in this thread shows that 4 of them are yours, and that they're an average 5 minutes apart. Stop spamming. If you want to continue bitching, take it up with me over PMs or face to face at DCNO.
Teehee.

#57 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:09 PM

Kinda off topic, but does anyone know what Carbon uses for his trigger covers?

I've used both 1" and 3/4" thinwall.

/hijack
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#58 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:10 PM

Oh, I'm the post whore? Looks like you've replied in every thread about 5 times minimum with the most useless shit to add. And just because its your topic doesn't mean you run the show big guy. Cry me a river. Looking at the last 10 posts in this thread shows that 4 of them are yours, and that they're an average 5 minutes apart. Stop spamming. If you want to continue bitching, take it up with me over PMs or face to face at DCNO.

I back this statement completely. Not that I don't like NOF, just chill out.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#59 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:15 PM

On a productive note: I have to use 1 1/4" trigger covers, due to the fact that the industrial-strength clothespins I use are roughly twice as thick as regular ones. You could probably use the regular clothespins, but they're WAY flimsier.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#60 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:37 PM

On a productive note: I have to use 1 1/4" trigger covers, due to the fact that the industrial-strength clothespins I use are roughly twice as thick as regular ones. You could probably use the regular clothespins, but they're WAY flimsier.

So your saying that the clothe pins you use will last longer? Crap, might want to redo my trigger.

#61 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:44 PM

I'm taking it to a war on the 27th as well, but since it won't be on the east coast, you'll start a few hours before me.

Are these trigger covers completely cosmetic? I really don't see much purpose for them.

#62 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:47 PM

The trigger cover is COMPLETELY necessary. Otherwise, the catch pin will slip out of the hole, and you'll have to wrangle it back in after every shot.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#63 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:52 PM

The trigger cover is COMPLETELY necessary. Otherwise, the catch pin will slip out of the hole, and you'll have to wrangle it back in after every shot.

Something I found out the had way when building mine.

Im using a full stock though, and it doesn't detach at all.

Ok, Im writing this as im building my SNAP. The plunger head Rork uses is alot cheaper to produce and requires less complex drilling, and is easier to make. Go 3/4ths plugs.

I also find that any sort of tee on the charging rod works better then a ring, and due to the weight drop from the end cap, you can add the extra weight and still maintain a good speed.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#64 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:01 PM

Hey guys, I was just messin' around with my SNAP, and when I prime it with a dart in the barrel it gets vaccumed into the chamber. Any way to stop this? Copper wire?

#65 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:03 PM

What's your stock design like? I didn't really intend mine to be temporary, as I much prefer the feel of rifle-type blasters, but NOF seems to like his without, so...

NOF: I use darts tight enough to not get vacuumed into the plunger chamber, and prime before loading. However, you could just glue a length of wire or whatever across the back of the threaded adapter.

Edited by rork, 22 September 2008 - 10:07 PM.

#66 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:04 PM

Hey guys, I was just messin' around with my SNAP, and when I prime it with a dart in the barrel it gets vaccumed into the chamber. Any way to stop this? Copper wire?

a piece of wire should do it. Thats what I intend to use for mine.

My stock is kinda like that of the M4A1 rifle, in that the charging rod goes right back, but the main limb of the stock has the charging rod inside it. So its alot more permanent then a coupler and some pipe fittings. Its also made without the use of elbow joints so I have cut down each side to 45 degrees. I am in the primary drying phases of it (its being held on by gorilla glue at the moment) and I plan to go over that with either plumber's goop or epoxy. Probably epoxy. I am going to post pictures once its finished and been war tested.

Edited by BustaNinja, 22 September 2008 - 10:10 PM.

Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#67 Nonsense Man

Nonsense Man

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:23 PM

I just prime it before inserting the dart/barrel. As if you put copper wire at the back you have to ramrod the dart the whole way down the barrel.
QUOTE(1lastnerfgun @ Apr 19 2008, 08:39 AM) View Post

40 shots for 40 cocks

#68 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:48 PM

Well I was thinking maybe putting the copper wire n the coupler so you can still speed load the darts.

#69 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:15 PM

You shouldn't need to speed load if you have vacuum loading unless you're using telescoping barrels, and any long telescoping barrels speedloaded would be really heavy. Vacuum loading is really the fastest rate of fire anyway.
Teehee.

#70 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:20 PM

No no, let me explain. I would be fine with vaccume loading if the dart didn't get sucked in to the chamber. That's why I use a speedloader for it, if I put a copper wire in the coupler then the dart wouldn't go into the chamber, I can vaccume load it, or I could speed load it.

#71 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:43 PM

Where do you get these "Industrial" strength clothespins? From what I know, people who do laundry don't need that much clamp power as it would ruin the clothing.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#72 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:11 AM

I get my industrial-strength clothespins from Wal-Mart. The Plusbow springs hail from McMaster, and ALL other parts can be bought at Lowe's.

As for vacuum loading...meh. It's nice, but I use darts that are WAY too tight for it, and they work really well, so I don't see myself using it any time soon.

EDIT: just to clarify, the clothespins I use are basically big, chunky clothespins made from flexible nylon rather than rigid, brittle plastic, with an internal brace that prevents splaying.

Edited by rork, 23 September 2008 - 01:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users