Need Help Finding Specific Foam

for my OMC petg(thick walled)

10 replies to this topic

#1 Nonsense Man

Nonsense Man

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:45 PM

Well a while ago I fit almost all my guns with OMC's thick walled petg at that point I had my CS style darts apparently all my darts were left in the humid garage and shrunk. I purchased fbr from ace and home depot neither of them fit it very well. But I have about 15 FA24 darts (I think they are red firm and fit OMC petg perfectly). Does anyone know any foam I can buy that fits my omc petg nicely? The optimal length would be around 200' or more.
QUOTE(1lastnerfgun @ Apr 19 2008, 08:39 AM) View Post

40 shots for 40 cocks

#2 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:58 PM

I use Black Sunshine's darts. They fit PETG really well and they are extremely dense. Also they are really accurate high quality darts.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#3 Nonsense Man

Nonsense Man

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:39 PM

I may buy some of his darts. The only thing is I kind of like my cs style darts over hot glue domes as they seem to be more consistent as there is less to screw up.

40 shots for 40 cocks

#4 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:57 PM

Try lowes backer rod, the stuff is STIFF and will never shrink once you heat in in the dryer. It comes in a clear and purple package.

Edited by nerfer9, 21 September 2008 - 11:57 PM.

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 04:20 AM

I may buy some of his darts. The only thing is I kind of like my cs style darts over hot glue domes as they seem to be more consistent as there is less to screw up.

Then ask him where he gets his foam.
Or ask OMC where he gets his.

Gee, that was hard.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#6 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:58 PM

Nerfer 9 lowes foam sucks it is junk a lot of peopple think it's junk. That is Frost king.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#7 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:24 PM

Nerfer 9 lowes foam sucks it is junk a lot of peopple think it's junk. That is Frost king.

The Lowes brand is not Frost King, and I do not suggest Frost King. Frost King is way to tight for PETG. Unless you are going to put Frost King in PETG and let it sit for about 4 days it won't work vary well.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#8 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:34 PM

Read This Post

800' of Black FBR that fits perfectly in OMC Thickwall FBR for $50 with shipping.

Enjoy, and search next time.

#9 Nonsense Man

Nonsense Man

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 04:19 PM

Read This Post

800' of Black FBR that fits perfectly in OMC Thickwall FBR for $50 with shipping.

Enjoy, and search next time.

For around $10 I can get 20ft shipped. Maybe I'll try that.

40 shots for 40 cocks

#10 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:15 PM

Edit: Oops. Not sure what happened. I didn't mean to post.

Edited by slowguitarman, 23 September 2008 - 12:30 PM.

Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#11 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:33 PM

Since people keep asking I will post it only this once last time.

I got my ROLL (2000ft ) of foam as a old stock luck of the draw thing from my local taps plastics. It had sat on their shelf for a few years. So I wouldn't expect to go in there and pick it up since they have not restocked since I bought all their stock. From the sounds of it they have no intention of either. But if they did you would be paying about 20 cents a foot.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users