Photo

Crossbow Stickers

9 replies to this topic

#1 Rover

Rover

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:54 PM

Alrighty, I've made this thread to share some stuff with the community, and also to make a request. Here are my (poor) attempts to get a good picture of my crossbow's stickers:
Posted Image
Posted Image
As you can see, the colors are washed out no matter how I adjust my white balance. I'll share my sub-par quality pictures with the request that someone who has a NIB crossbow with the stickers still on the sticker sheet could make a good-quality scan of them, not just for me, but for the community as a whole. If you must know what I'm planning, I intend to remove the stickers from my crossbow, dye it red, and then make water slip decals of a recolored (red instead of purple) crossbow sticker, something which I'm understandably hesitant to do before I've got a good image to work off of. If anyone so desires, I could sell said decals for just the price of the decal paper.

#2 Z4

Z4

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:05 PM

I can't find the actual "Crossbow" part, but here's the Nerf logo of that era:
Posted Image
I wanted to throw the "fun" feel back into my Crossbow, so I got this off the web and tweaked the colors until it was right. I'm sorry that I can't help you any more than that. (It seems to be the right size as-is)
Z4 of the NIC
"We are here to have fun with the toys we love in a civilized and friendly manner."- Talio

#3 Rover

Rover

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:10 PM

See thats the thing, the stickers on the crossbow are colored differently: the "NERF" is more green (almost glow-in-the-dark) and the ball is more red than orange. I'm going to try more photography techniques but I'm still hoping someone out there can help me.

#4 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:16 PM

I opened my NIB crossbow the other day, and I have the stickers. I could scan them or something if someone really wanted them.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#5 Rover

Rover

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:35 PM

I opened my NIB crossbow the other day, and I have the stickers. I could scan them or something if someone really wanted them.

I do really want them. I'd be willing to make you some water-slip decals with your higher quality scans. (water slip being the clear sort of decals used on models, far more durable than the paper stickers included with the xbow). That's quite a deal as the paper is like $4 per tiny sheet ( I've got the highest quality kind from the UK).

#6 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:40 PM

I could try and get scans too, but my scanner isn't very good. I'd be interested in purchasing some of those decals though.
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#7 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:51 PM

You're about to be PM'ed.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#8 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:32 PM

I'm assuming it wasn't just a box full of saw dust then. Damn. Phil, we were wrong.
Teehee.

#9 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:38 PM

I'm assuming it wasn't just a box full of saw dust then. Damn. Phil, we were wrong.

Haha, It was worth the extra bit of money just to have the fun of opening it. I figured, why did I buy it to not have fun with it. That and, the little Kenner advertisement book was really cool.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#10 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:29 PM

Yeah, I was just reading that thing the other day while cleaning out my desk. Those little toy catalogs that were about the size of a NES game manual were great.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users