Photo

Spore.

15 replies to this topic

#1 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:03 PM

There is this new game called spore out for the pc. I just have the trial version which you only get to make creatures but even though it is only a trial it has gotten me hooked to it. The trial can be found at www.spore.com and you can even download the whole game off of the internet instead of you having to go to your local store. It looks like a great game and i cant wait to get it.

#2 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:14 PM

Yea, I've heard that it is very good. Apparently, they made it so one game can go on for a very long time with lots of new things to do.
Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

#3 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:24 PM

Its a really cool game, and a even cooler concept, but it sucks.

It gets boring after a while of doing the same things.

I'm waiting for LittleBigPlanet :)
Timothy M-Lick <3

#4 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:24 PM

Huh I havent heard of that but now that makes me want to buy it even more.
Also if anyone is interested my spore page is http://www.spore.com...ile/ejrasmussen

#5 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:13 AM

I have seen topics about this on at least three different forums. I am not one for online games but what is the real plot of the game?
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#6 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:47 AM

I have seen topics about this on at least three different forums. I am not one for online games but what is the real plot of the game?

It is a game where you create your own species and play as your species as you go into evolution and eventually become an intellegent lifeform. Also the game is single player but you can have other peoples speciees in your game.

#7 Aimless

Aimless

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:47 PM

It is a game where you create your own species and play as your species as you go into evolution and eventually become an intellegent lifeform. Also the game is single player but you can have other peoples speciees in your game.

In a highly condensed explanation, you play god from start to finish, my only qualm about the game is that you can't eat villagers, only wild creatures.
It makes the world go round.

#8 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:07 PM

Really? That's your only qualm? What about the intersections of bodyparts? What about how some bodypart are so useful (wings) You'd be stupid not to use them. What about how repetative the whole game is in general. What about how easy it is to win playing agressively, but if you want to be a diplomat, it's a million times harder. The balance is atroacious.

And all of that is barring the "security feature" that only lets you install it 3 times. A feature that is missing from the cracked version. Which has led to Spore being the most illegally downloaded game in recorded history. (The Sims 2 is the most, but those weren't tracked.)
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#9 mind13

mind13

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:55 PM

My little brother bought Spore with his birthady money. It is pretty cool but as mentioned above the game can be repetitive.
Life comes at you fast yet a foam dart comes faster
Mind13

#10 skatah

skatah

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:31 PM

I have this game for ds. My creature can beat the crap out of anything (Level 48 :D.)
How the world ends: Hasbro stops making nerf guns.
WARNING - THIS IS GETTING BRUTELY ANNOYING

#11 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:38 AM

Really? That's your only qualm? What about the intersections of bodyparts? What about how some bodypart are so useful (wings) You'd be stupid not to use them. What about how repetative the whole game is in general. What about how easy it is to win playing agressively, but if you want to be a diplomat, it's a million times harder. The balance is atroacious.

And all of that is barring the "security feature" that only lets you install it 3 times. A feature that is missing from the cracked version. Which has led to Spore being the most illegally downloaded game in recorded history. (The Sims 2 is the most, but those weren't tracked.)

In my opinion, the whole DRM thing was blown WAY out of proportion. You can install it as many times as you want on the same machine, you just can't install it on more than 3 computers.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#12 Herpestidae

Herpestidae

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:47 AM

All I can say about this game is that as a biologist the way "evolution" is portrayed is horrible. It is actually a better model for intelligent design.
Grimlock no bozo! Grimlock king!

#13 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:19 AM

All I can say about this game is that as a biologist the way "evolution" is portrayed is horrible. It is actually a better model for intelligent design.

Yeah, this was a whole lot less detailed than I hoped.. whole lots less detailed than what we saw several years ago.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#14 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:16 PM

Last night I got it. Right now I am in the creature strage of evolution. The game is extremely interesting. When you start out you start as a cell. You make the choice to become a carnivore omnivore or herbavoir. I chose a carnivore. Throught the cell stage I ate many cells and eventually got to the top of the food chain. When you mate with your own species you get to customize your creature. This is when you get to choose what your cell will do. When you become a creature you have to learn how to hunt and gather food. thats all for now ill share more when i ghet home

#15 mind13

mind13

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:57 PM

Have you registered to get other peoples content through the internet? If so let me know if you get any content from kellydude392. That is the account I share with my brother.
Life comes at you fast yet a foam dart comes faster
Mind13

#16 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:41 PM

Watch this.
I love this guy.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users